andyjohnsonman

Sadghuru inner engineering course

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone done this course? I have been practicing Kriya yoga using the books on Leos booklist for last few years but want to try Sadghurus stye of Kriya see how it varies. It looks like it has a strong emphasis on Kriya yoga and its currently half price due to the pandemic or free for essential workers. I'm tempted to do it but wanted to ask here first to know if anyone has done it, what it entails and what benefit they got from it? 

Edited by andyjohnsonman

It's very weak sauce. You won't learn any yoga from it.

It's design to recruit you to his live programs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

His Inner Engineering course is just a series of lectures. That's stuff for newbies, there's nothing even comparable to the content in the books about Kriya from Leo's list.

Only "improvements" I have made to my practice by listening to Sadhguru is sitting to the East when doing yoga and when focusing attention doing oms I sometimes focus it 30 cm in front of the head as Sadhguru says instead of inside.

This East, West, North stuff, I am not so sure if it's important, but it requires such little effort to apply, it would be stupid not to try. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Fuck yeah @Leo Gura Leo.

Edited by Hotaka

I think the best thing you can gain from Sadhguru is his hatha yoga programs. I think there are 5 different types of hatha yoga teaches that brings certain benefits. one of them is surya kriya which I'm gonna learn. I met a guy in my city who has done it everyday for one year and he said its been so life transforming. he says you gain full mastery over your emotions and thoughts, you gain almost a god-like form of concentration, you feel so energetically vibrant all day and basically whatever health and mental issues he had before no longer plague you. he said he can't describe it but basically whatever you already want to be, you are that already. 

On 11/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

On 11/20/2020 at 3:33 AM, Leo Gura said:

Which live programs do you mean Leo?

Yea it's a good one. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Isha Foundation is planning to start teaching Shambavi Mahamudra online. That's definetly worth learning in my opinion. I've done about 600 hours of their hatha and kriya yoga practises this year and it has transformed me a lot. Surya Shakti and Kriya, Shakti Chalana Kriya and Shambavi. Shakti Chalana Kriya has been the most impactful for me. Leo was a huge reason why I went to Sadhgurus Ashram. Open mindedness and the conceptual understanding Leo offers were key to my time there and also a big source for motivation. I also met another volunteer there who was also very familiar with actualized. That was an instant bond. 

You don’t need to pay Sadhguru money to become enlightened, these courses are pure BS.

His book Inner Engineering, which I found a pdf of, is pretty good, but it also won't teach a single yoga move.

14 hours ago, Christoph Werner said:

I also met another volunteer there who was also very familiar with actualized. That was an instant bond. 

Hello there ✌️?  And here we meet again....

Edited by Chi_

I recently took Inner engineering online (7 days).

Package: Total of 7 long videos (around 1.5 hours each) and bonus videos (total around 5hours)

My rating: 8/10

All the videos are a series of lectures (somewhat like actualized org's videos). There's some bits of breathing sessions and towards the end of each day, there's always some form of meditation (3-10 mins long).

The course told us not to write notes but to just experience it. I do not think it is easy to have an experiential feeling when listening to a video. I am glad I took some notes because the stuff he said can be easily forgotten within a few months. The lectures helped open up my mind a little more.

I dislike the fact that the program seems all over the place. For example, food is talked about in session 3 and 6. Most of the sessions are quite similar to one another anyway.

Overall, I don't really recommend but if you have lots of free time and want to have some lessons on how to inner engine your life, go for it.

Edited by hyruga