Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Can somebody be a seeker and enlightened?

41 posts in this topic

Ego alert! Let's all sit in a circle and chant @Nahm.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, Member said:

Only your avatar makes me sick to the stomach. How pathetic, and you consider yourself to be enlightened?!

You are suffering a lot. Respect people, because everyone is you and you are nothing. 

Peace!!! 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Member said:

You can ban me because this forum is full of hypocrites. Buh-bye!

977985fb1aaaf9e30f232e05c2e521ed.jpg

good luck pal

19 minutes ago, Member said:

Only your avatar makes me sick to the stomach. How pathetic, and you consider yourself to be enlightened?!

It's a man kissing his cat... If you're sick, you're looking too hard at it or something.

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Or is someone who's enlightened someone who stopped seeking , because he found it?

Or could someone be enlightened and sometimes seek/contemplate/introspect but most of the time not seek?

When you wake up in the morning, you might have fleeting memories of the remnants of a dream. At that waking point, is there really any question about wether there was another, separate “you” inside the dream, or is it clear you were dreaming, and everything was the dream?  It’d be clear that it was a dream, and not people, objects, places, planets, air, etc. 

The ‘trouble’ with the orientation of your inquiry is the assumption there are ‘seekers’ and ‘enlightened people’. That inquiry begins on step two, and step one which was blown past was not-two. I say this not to bust balls, but in hopes you discover there is not a physical reality of separate objects, it is all you, and it wants to play with you, if you will.

Heard the chant “all the way over here” in your dream. :) 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Nothing like the scent of clean air ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Or is someone who's enlightened someone who stopped seeking , because he found it?

Or could someone be enlightened and sometimes seek/contemplate/introspect but most of the time not seek?

What is enlightened ? Is it a certain concrete thing? Like do I hit some ceiling of enlightenment that I will never go farther then? No there’s infinite levels of understanding and enlightenment because there is infinite form. You could become completely enlightened to what your in right now but that doesn’t mean that you are enlightened to the enlightened of a completely different dimension with completely firm structure and logical rules. There’s infinite enlightenment All are seekers yet in truth no ones seeking;) 

A quote from a nice book which made me think of this in the first place.

"He came to the river and asked the old man to ferry him over, and when they got off the boat on the other side, he said to the old man: "You're very good to us monks and pilgrims, you have already ferried many of us across the river. Aren't you too, ferryman, a searcher for the right path?"

Quoth Siddhartha, smiling from his old eyes: "Do you call yourself a searcher, oh venerable one, though you are already of an old in years and are wearing the robe of Gotama's monks?"

"It's true, I'm old," spoke Govinda, "but I haven't stopped searching. Never I'll stop searching, this seems to be my destiny. You too, so it seems to me, have been searching. Would you like to tell me something, oh honourable one?"

Quoth Siddhartha: "What should I possibly have to tell you, oh venerable one? Perhaps that you're searching far too much? That in all that searching, you don't find the time for finding?"

"How come?" asked Govinda.

"When someone is searching," said Siddhartha, "then it might easily happen that the only thing his eyes still see is that what he searches for, that he is unable to find anything, to let anything enter his mind, because he always thinks of nothing but the object of his search, because he has a goal, because he is obsessed by the goal. Searching means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal. You, oh venerable one, are perhaps indeed a searcher, because, striving for your goal, there are many things you don't see, which are directly in front of your eyes."

"I don't quite understand yet," asked Govinda, "what do you mean by this?"   etc.  "

@PurpleTree Buddha is the ?.

14 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@PurpleTree Buddha is the ?.

It's actually not "the" Buddha (well all is one anyway)

But it's a novel named Siddhartha by Swiss/German author Hermann Hesse from 1922

About someone named Siddhartha, Buddha also has a small role in the novel though 

9780141189574.jpg

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I say this not to bust balls, but in hopes you discover there is not a physical reality of separate objects, it is all you, and it wants to play with you, if you will.

I've had some deep "glimpses" of that, not enough probably

so it's not really my reality as of yet and just parrotting it wouldn't feel real

Edited by PurpleTree

32 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

which are directly in front of your eyes."

Because eyes dont see anything, there is no such as thing as eyes or seeing, whatever is in front of you is you,  you are already it, already yourself?

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

48 minutes ago, Nahm said:

I say this not to bust balls, but in hopes you discover there is not a physical reality of separate objects, it is all you, and it wants to play with you, if you will.

Heard the chant “all the way over here” in your dream. :) 

11 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

It's actually not "the" Buddha (well all is one anyway)

But it's a novel named Siddhartha by Swiss/German author Hermann Hesse from 1922

About someone named Siddhartha, Buddha also has a small role in the novel though 

9780141189574.jpg

I've had some deep "glimpses" of that, not enough probably

so it's not really my reality as of yet and just parrotting it wouldn't feel real

There's actually another quote in that lovely book which speaks about exactly that :P

(Here Siddhartha is speaking to the "real" Buddha)

"I wish that you, oh exalted one, would not be angry with me," said the young man. "I have not spoken to you like this to argue with you, to argue about words. You are truly right, there is little to opinions. But let me say this one more thing: I have not doubted in you for a single moment. I have not doubted for a single moment that you are Buddha, that you have reached the goal, the highest goal towards which so many thousands of Brahmans and sons of Brahmans are on their way. You have found salvation from death. It has come to you in the course of your own search, on your own path, through thoughts, through meditation, through realizations, through enlightenment. It has not come to you by means of teachings! And—thus is my thought, oh exalted one,—nobody will obtain salvation by means of teachings! You will not be able to convey and say to anybody, oh venerable one, in words and through teachings what has happened to you in the hour of enlightenment! The teachings of the enlightened Buddha contain much, it teaches many to live righteously, to avoid evil. But there is one thing which these so clear, these so venerable teachings do not contain: they do not contain the mystery of what the exalted one has experienced for himself, he alone among hundreds of thousands. This is what I have thought and realized, when I have heard the teachings. This is why I am continuing my travels—not to seek other, better teachings, for I know there are none, but to depart from all teachings and all teachers and to reach my goal by myself or to die. But often, I'll think of this day, oh exalted one, and of this hour, when my eyes beheld a holy man."

Edited by PurpleTree

Brown bear alert.

Be gentle with the brown bear, he does not know how deluded he is yet.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin There is no bear.

image.jpg

Edited by Moksha

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

@Shin There is no bear.

image.jpg

There is no text so I can't read you sorry ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

6 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

I aint awake so I don't know

But I wanted to offer an opposite/different perspective then what the other posters offered for diversity. This perspective is mostly based on verified inquiry and observations not of a seeker, but of reality itself.

Instead of viewing stuff as someone seeking vs someone not seeking. And truth aint found to truth is found. See the universe as a fluctuation of energetic vibration where your level of ignorance is sort of a symbol that represents the energetic vibration you're operating at. Energetic vibrations are sort of like circulation of energy that the universe goes through. Sort of like how water evaporates to clouds then rains down again, energetic vibrations go from low, to high then to low again. Being on the path or aligning with truth is to go with the flow of that energy, while suffering and stupidity is going against the grain of that energy, going against it would be like rain falling down during evap or clinging to the clouds when its time to rain. 

At the surface it seems like there's different levels of ignorance, from believing the 3D world exists, and a bunch of other stuff, to realizing you're one. And then somehow awakening experience teleport you to these different perspectives. But in reality that change in perspective doesn't actually happen. You know the universe is One as much as an enlightened person right now. Heck even Trump knows the universe is One. Yet he will tell you its 2, not because he's in a different perspective to an enlightened being, but because his low frequency expresses itself through assertion of 2ness (or 3d world or whatever). Trump is feeling and being One right now. If Trump's soul teleported into an enlightened mind and body and trump saw what its like to be an enlightened guru. Trump would say "ohhhhh I knew this truth all along! Heck I live it now! The difference was my low energy and frequency!". Trump also feels his low energetic state even though he is enlightened already. And to vent or lament about his low energetic state, he expresses the world as duality or 2ness. Its sort of like when someone is angry about what happened in the morning, then in the afternoon you say hi and they shout at you. It may seem like they were angry at you saying hi, but actually it was what happened in the morning. And correcting the anger when you said hi would require him to fix up what happened in the morning. In a same way, it may seem like Trump is saying the 3D world exists because he's in a less enlightened state to an enlightened being, or he's less aware or more ignorant, but in reality that's not true(just like how hi didnt cause the anger). In reality its his low energetic state that is making him say the 2ness.

The point I want to get across is, when you do become enlightened, you'll have the realisation that you were already enlightened all along, because the thing you're seeking is what you already know. You're looking for something out there, but what you're actually looking for is what you already knew all along. So what gives for the path then? Why isn't everyone awake now? Well... the answer is because they are in a lower vibration/frequency. And the whole point of the path isn't to discover what's true(because you already know that very well from birth). The point is to up your vibration. That's what every seeker really wants, but they confuse it with truth seeking. 

Edited by electroBeam

Why does it bother you? :D

Enlightenment is just a word and I am highly skeptical that all "Enlightened" people are residing in same place, that is why people get confused about how it is possible that they are talking so differently, but pointing at the same thing, because they are not pointing at the same thing, there are vastly different experiences, having some things in common and having process how they got there in some way similar, if you will ask people to describe what it is, it will be all over the place, again , because there are many experiences that might seem like truth and liberation.