Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Can somebody be a seeker and enlightened?

41 posts in this topic

Or is someone who's enlightened someone who stopped seeking , because he found it?

Or could someone be enlightened and sometimes seek/contemplate/introspect but most of the time not seek?

I made this topic because people like Tolle, Spira, Mooji, Buddha? etc. don't seem like seekers at all.

They seem much less interested in seeking and learning and more in teaching what they found

but i'm not sure

I think this depends on your definition of enlightenment. You can define it that way; I think that’s what others do. But I don’t know. 

I like to pursue awakening because awakening is more accessible. Who knows if I can become enlightened in my path.

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

Or is someone who's enlightened someone who stopped seeking , because he found it?

Or could someone be enlightened and sometimes seek/contemplate/introspect but most of the time not seek?

When you are awakened you realize that you have never born and are Nothing. There will be no one left to seek anything, because your entire life is just a thought process. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

7 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

I think this depends on your definition of enlightenment. You can define it that way; I think that’s what others do. But I don’t know. 

I like to pursue awakening because awakening is more accessible. Who knows if I can become enlightened in my path.

Ok in your case, can somebody who's awakened still be a seeker or is there no real need for seeking after waking up.

7 minutes ago, James123 said:

When you are awakened you realize that you have never born and are Nothing. There will be no one left to seek anything, because your entire life is just a thought process. 

So you're saying someone who's awakened can't really be a seeker because there's nothing to seek

14 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

So you're saying someone who's awakened can't really be a seeker because there's nothing to seek

Yes. Additionally, you are nothing how can you seek anything? Can just be.

Edited by James123

5 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Ok in your case, can somebody who's awakened still be a seeker or is there no real need for seeking after waking up.

I don’t really know this but I think awakening is basically partial. You aren’t enlightened but you are more awake than you were before. Also you can have awakening experiences that are fleeting. It’s why people celebrate psychedelics.

Someone who awakens can still seek enlightenment. 

I think someone who is enlightened could still seek deeper consciousness. But the seeker you and I are dissolves. Seeking becomes a different beast. I’ve seen Leo question what he could do as if there were more to find. But I assume he is enlightened. Plus Leo has spiritual practices. Is that not seeking? 

leo said that there’s a scale of ten thousand when it comes to consciousness and that most people are a 1 2 or 3. That implies enlightenment doesn’t end seeking unless you fool yourself into thinking you’re done.

8 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Someone who awakens can still seek enlightenment. 

I think someone who is enlightened could still seek deeper consciousness. But the seeker you and I are dissolves. Seeking becomes a different beast. I’ve seen Leo question what he could do as if there were more to find. But I assume he is enlightened. Plus Leo has spiritual practices. Is that not seeking? 

Not true. When you are awaken, consciousness become just a thought as your entire life or duality.

36 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Leo seems like a seeker from the videos i've seen thus far. (maybe he already became a "finder" though) He digests so much information (spiral dynamics etc.) and tries a lot of stuff, experiments on himself/consciousness etc.

People like Tolle, Spira, Moji, Sadhguru seem not really interested in those things, they're also much older of course. Who knows what they've done when they were young.

Is having a spiritual practice not seeking you asked? Depends maybe if you just enjoy sitting in stillness so much for the fuck of it then it's not necessarily for seeking purposes.

Edited by PurpleTree

My sense is that enlightened people no longer seek because they are already found.

That doesn't mean they can't continue to learn. Tolle sat on park benches for years, without even realizing why he didn't suffer. It took a Zen master to teach him that.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Those who do not seek are stuck in the illusion of being enlightened when, in fact, they are FOOLS.

7 minutes ago, Moksha said:

My sense is that enlightened people....

Big mistake. People will never be enlightened. You must transcend it in order to become IT.

Edited by Member

2 minutes ago, Member said:

Those who do not seek are stuck in the illusion of being enlightened when, in fact, they are FOOLS.

if you always see yourself as seeker

can you ever truly become a "finder"

7 minutes ago, Member said:

Big mistake. People will never be enlightened. You must transcend it in order to become IT.

There is no you to transcend anything. Enlightened people directly realize that. They don't take life too seriously, but some of them enjoy the game enough to continue playing.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

7 minutes ago, Member said:

??? there is no one here. 

12 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

if you always see yourself as seeker

can you ever truly become a "finder"

What are you doing here then? Go buy some popcorn and watch Netflix.

9 minutes ago, Moksha said:

There is no you to transcend anything. Enlightened people directly realize that. They don't take life too seriously, but some of them enjoy the game enough to continue playing.

So much delusion, so much confusion. Better talk to the wind.

2 minutes ago, Member said:

You think, when you are awaken, you will transcend to rainbow? ??? 

6 minutes ago, Member said:

I'm not enlightened, i'm just asking questions, you seem agitated calling people FOOLs in all caps etc. ;)

Just now, PurpleTree said:

I'm not enlightened, i'm just asking questions, you seem agitated calling people FOOLs in all caps etc. ;)

You're not asking questions, you're just wasting your time and my time. No difference between you and an average Joe watching Netflix.

For you spirituality is just a form of entertainment. Hypocrites.

Just now, Member said:

You're not asking questions, you're just wasting your time and my time. No difference between you and an average Joe watching Netflix.

For you spirituality is just a form of entertainment. Hypocrites.

Is this enlightenment thing not working out for ya? getting frustrated? sorry to hear that pal

maybe don't enter the topic if you don't want to waste our time with childish arguments, thanks buddy pal