from chaos into self

No self is dual?

40 posts in this topic

Self is dual. No-self is the removal of a superficial duality. "Self" is an imaginary distinction you create. "No-self" is the removal of that distinction.

4 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

If I am not, then I am separate

This is just the problem of language being inherently dualistic. There is no "I" left if "I am not." So, there is nothing left to be separate. You're not separating "I", you're realizing it never existed. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Great example of why the Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The instant you name it, you create a false duality, which it cannot be. The ancient gurus called it Tat, which literally means, "That". Even Tat is a name, which cannot be the eternal Tao.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

36 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Self is dual. No-self is the removal of a superficial duality. "Self" is an imaginary distinction you create. "No-self" is the removal of that distinction.

This is just the problem of language being inherently dualistic. There is no "I" left if "I am not." So, there is nothing left to be separate. You're not separating "I", you're realizing it never existed. 

So “not this not that” means that I’m not separation?

3 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

So “not this not that” means that I’m not separation?

It means that you are what is left when every "not this, not that" is discarded. You are Tat.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

15 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

I don’t get no self. The idea that I’m not this, not that. If I am not, then I am separate, and dual. Me and reality as two. 

I say I am reality. I am this, I am that. Isn’t that true? 

no-self means there is no "separate" self. It negates separation by pointing out that "you" are not a separate entity existing independently from everything.when there is no "separate" self.. Everything is the Self. The duality between self and other collapses. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Non-dual awareness or Awakening is the recognition that the separate sense of 'self' within the body is a completely illusory experience.

There is a conditioned body, but its empty and the 'ME' that claims it as my body and my experience, is "Maya illusion of the self"

No one enters the gateless gate... nobody becomes enlightened... so be nobody!

When the sense of 'self' collapses there is a disentanglement from social conditioning or what's referred to as snapping out of the Mind Matrix.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

19 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

I don’t get no self. The idea that I’m not this, not that. If I am not, then I am separate, and dual. Me and reality as two. 

Hello, ^_^ 

Great question! They all gave you some nice replies. If you say your reality then you are. I'll try to help you understand. 

From a nondual perspective this is all just consciousness( a form which is formless). Thats why they say you are not any of that. However that also means that you are all of that. It is just how people look at it. 

then when we go back into a dualistic perspective we realize that we are separate from one another. Its perfect to be separate. 

20 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

I don’t get no self. The idea that I’m not this, not that. If I am not, then am separate, and dual. Me and reality as two. 

I say am reality. I am this, am that. Isn’t that true? 

What’s this ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

I say am reality. I am this, am that. Isn’t that true?

If "I" is reality,can reality ever be apart from itself?
Whatever can experience itself as a self, and, can also experience the absence of a self (i.e., no self), then both experiences of self and no self appear in what  can neither be called a self or no self (i.e., this or that).

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

Maybe there is no “I” but isn’t there me-ness? This body, these thoughts, are they me or nah? I didn’t really identify with them before but this awareness that’s here has more awareness of the me than it does of others. I’m in this room and I hear my housemate watching tv in the other room but I don’t see what he sees or think what he thinks. Isn’t that separation self? My mind and my body?

Is 'me", thoughts, the body, the room, hearing, seeing,sensing, and the perceiving of all of this, all appearing, in one, non localized Presence having no form, space,or boundary?
Any boundary is always assumed,and not the empty (yet full), boundless PresenceRealityBeingness < all one.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

On 11/19/2020 at 6:56 AM, from chaos into self said:

There are two main facets of awakening:

1) Realizing that you are not the human biographical self who imagines it was born and will die. You are the empty awareness which imagines all form.

2) Realizing that the empty awareness (Nothingness) is identical to all form! Thus coming full-circle.

So in the end, you are all of reality. But also you are prior to all forms as Infinite Emptiness. And you are certainly not the biographical human self, which is an illusion. But still, you also are it (temporarily).

You need to have both of the above realizations. They will probably not occur at the same time. Start with realizing #1. Then move on to realizing #2.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Consciousness is never apart from itself. It is an infipus. It plays the separation game of inserting a tentacle into a form, and wiggling it around for a while. Sometimes the tentacle gets disentangled, still within the form, and Consciousness realizes the integrity that was always there. That is the illusion of enlightenment.

6 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

Lol this realization makes me feel ill. I’m dizzy. 

Now you are waking up 9_9

@Leo Gura What about the other facets like love? Do they come later if you go deeper into meditation, or do you need the help of psychedelics for that?

I mean, can you awaken to something like infinite love only by meditating?