legendary

Marianne Williamson: New Age Spiritual Types Getting Sucked In To QAnon

44 posts in this topic

Its ironic how the "free-thinkers" actually are the most vulnerable to brainwashing.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

35 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Its ironic how the "free-thinkers" actually are the most vulnerable to brainwashing.

Nonconformist conformists.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Can confirm that this New-Age-QAnon congruence is a thing in Europe too. The ones I met genuinely believed the world is headed into a "global transition into the 4th dimension" at the end of 2020. Materialistic POV is not integrated but rather deeply ingrained in the mind, which opposes it yet falls victim to its paradigm. They obviously sought reinforcement by attempting to drag me in, "You'll see. Trump's fighting for Love. Global Awakening is happening in the next few months," to which I was responding with humble silence. I felt sorry for these tiny insignificant creatures in our galaxy, for their eyes were shallow and empty as if there was nothing but a lifeless desert behind them. They seemed stripped of anything "present"; the observer of these words was not there.

Not in the good nondual way.

1 minute ago, SirVladimir said:

Not in the good nondual way.

It seems no different to traditional Western religious traditions. You've got an exclusive in-group, a future promise of salvation, a saviour (Donald Trump for fuck's sake!), a belief structure, claims of moral superiority, etc, etc.

The difference is that the Roman Catholic Church had the right political foundations to survive for the better part of 2 millennia. The latest internet trend will probably be forgotten within months. But notice the common, age-old systems to exploit human psychology. We'd have to actually be conscious of this stuff in order to transcend it.

download (2).jpg

10 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I've seen it as well in the Ayahuasca community. 

Some people who are eccentric go in strange and dysfunctional directions.  

Imagine Alex Jones and them going to the Amazon rainforest, to catch some gullible westerners for their "movement" :P

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I can't tell what JP's deal is. Is he actually into self-help or is it all just a comedy routine?

He used to be into self-help. His oldest videos aren't even comedy and are all about classic self-help topics.

But I guess he turned it into self-satire at some point to the point of becoming a clown that stage Orange and lower use to demonize Green.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

I'm at a GREEN spiritual community in Costa Rica right now, and I've been surprised by how rampant conspiracy theories are here amongst people from all over the world (not just Americans). The base operating perspective is that if you DON'T believe in conspiracy theories than you are either insane or completely brainwashed by mainstream society. 

47 minutes ago, tuckerwphotography said:

I'm at a GREEN spiritual community in Costa Rica right now, and I've been surprised by how rampant conspiracy theories are here amongst people from all over the world (not just Americans). The base operating perspective is that if you DON'T believe in conspiracy theories than you are either insane or completely brainwashed by mainstream society. 

do they also believe that trump is sent by "god" or whatever to clean up the mess and corruption?

9 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

The ones I met genuinely believed the world is headed into a "global transition into the 4th dimension" at the end of 2020. Materialistic POV is not integrated but rather deeply ingrained in the mind, which opposes it yet falls victim to its paradigm. They obviously sought reinforcement by attempting to drag me in, "You'll see. Trump's fighting for Love. Global Awakening is happening in the next few months," to which I was responding with humble silence. 

It's like the new age version of the Christians who always say this is the president that ushers in the end times.  

2 hours ago, tuckerwphotography said:

@PurpleTree Lol no, it's not that type of spiritual community. More just that everything "mainstream" is corrupt and evil.

Because i met a guy i know a few hours ago in the neighbourhood who told me that and some other stuff.

He's basically known to be a little nuts sometimes though so i wasn't even surprised, still a nice guy.

Costa Rica must be niice though

I notice this from spiritual people.. here's one from a mr. "i don't like talking about politics publicly" where he publicly implies that covid is a deep state conspiracy to cripple the economy which would help Trump lose the election. Also "doesn't believe in germ theory", thinks you're an unenlightened sheep for wearing a mask. All this with zero push-back from Aubrey.

On 11/19/2020 at 9:26 AM, Leo Gura said:

I can't tell what JP's deal is. Is he actually into self-help or is it all just a comedy routine?

Probably a rare blend of both.
Exposing shadows, ironies and paradoxes in a borderline comedic way.

Its extremely difficult to expose and point towards such things in a serious manner. People just engage their shields as soon as someone touches their shadow and fight back.

Well.... comedy and other forms of art bypass this shield at times.

it probably has to do something with his personality too ofc :P
People are weird...

@Yog I don't see him exposing anything. I mostly see him mocking and demonizing people who are into self-improvement to an audience of clapping monkeys who haven't even begun self-improving.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Human instrumentality is real but the conspiracy theorists been looking outwards rather than inside (Watch Evangelion and EoE, probably one of the most non-dual pieces of fiction, extremely direct metaphor) 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, Heart of Space said:

It's like the new age version of the Christians who always say this is the president that ushers in the end times.  

OBAMA IS ANTICHRIST CONFIRMED HE COMIN FOR YOUR GUNS NWO WW3 SATANIST FREEMASONRY ILLUMINATI NIBIRU ZIONIST ATHEIST MUSLIM FROM KENYA CONFIRMED

On 19.11.2020 at 9:26 AM, Leo Gura said:

That thing you asked right there is his deal xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

JP is generally good?, at least at comedy. I regularly watch his videos. But if he is a Crumper, I'm gonna dislike him. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I've never liked JP's video's because it always felt like he had a smug sense of superiority over the types of people he criticizes.  I don't personally feel attacked by them, but I get the sense there's a bit of narcissism in his brand of comedy.  And then of course, he shields himself from any criticism completely by claiming that everything he says is parody.  

@Heart of Space  in a way his parody is a blessing. Someone was needed to balance out the whole new agey spiritual wave. His parody helps me see the blindspots. Yes I agree I see some narcissism in his style of delivery, nevertheless his brand is set apart from everyone else and is unique. 

He is also good at parodying most stages of spiral dynamics and that's good too. 

Parody is absolutely essential as a form of art in understanding the gaps that we unintentionally bypass while trying to embody any philosophy or system of ideas 

The thing is JP is able to understand that in the end, nothing is completely perfect and we can't really rely on any system purely and every system has its flaws that are generally ignored in wanting something to hold on to. For me that's the greatest takeaway from his videos. 

Hint - JP should make a video on Actualized.org. That would go down in history as the greatest hit. :P

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.