GreenWoods

Sleep Yoga: Conscious During Sleep (Guide)

62 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, herghly said:

do you have experience with yoga nidra?

Isn't yoga nidra = sleep yoga?

Yoga nidra has some relaxation practices which I haven't mentioned here. They don't have much value for the approach I've been focusing on in these posts. But for the classical WILD/AP approach, they can be useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@GreenWoods 

when you reached the vibrational state how do you control your energy body? that's something I'm trying to figure out for a long time that how to do so in way that my will to control don't get me back to my physical body! because it's very easy to get back in that state!

btw It takes almost an hour or an hour and half for me to dethatch myself from the physical body after remaining conscious in the hypnagogic state where you hallucinate until you loss consciousness, and the most effective method I use to remain conscious is through labeling anything that I'm conscious of one by one, be it a sensation, a thought, a hallucination, a sound etc. and when I caught myself lost in hallucination I quickly acknowledge that and label it, just a desire to stay conscious wont work for me,  a constant mental activity is also a must! if I don't do this it's very easy to lose consciousness since the activity of prana on my brain when I relax or mediate is so hallucinatory, it's so strong that, most of the time when I want to quickly sleep I just concentrate on my forehead, it's a very effective way to lose consciousness easily haha.

 

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 9:25 PM, GreenWoods said:

Isn't yoga nidra = sleep yoga?

Yoga nidra has some relaxation practices which I haven't mentioned here. They don't have much value for the approach I've been focusing on in these posts. But for the classical WILD/AP approach, they can be useful.

Anecdotal, but I practiced yoga nidra hardcore for a while. There were a lot of weird experiences that came from that, such as lucid dreams with instant manifestation ("Oh, let's imagine a red ball in my hand, and a red ball appears," etc) and falling into "the void." I have no idea how to explain the latter, aside from the feeling that you are just a formless witness in a vast, pulsating expanse of energy. I never really knew what to do with the void in practical terms, so I'd tend to linger there for a while and then wake up or go into unconsciousness. Very weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Anecdotal, but I practiced yoga nidra hardcore for a while. There were a lot of weird experiences that came from that, such as lucid dreams with instant manifestation ("Oh, let's imagine a red ball in my hand, and a red ball appears," etc) and falling into "the void." I have no idea how to explain the latter, aside from the feeling that you are just a formless witness in a vast, pulsating expanse of energy. I never really knew what to do with the void in practical terms, so I'd tend to linger there for a while and then wake up or go into unconsciousness. Very weird. 

that's impressive! how do you practice the yoga nidra? and after these so many practices how quickly you can reach that state?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

that's impressive! how do you practice the yoga nidra? and after these so many practices how quickly you can reach that state?

I basically just listened to a guided yoga nidra track for a while as I was going to sleep (body scanning, mostly), but over time it became pretty natural to do it automatically. You're essentially just lying there and trying to feel each part of the body clearly and slowly, moving one piece at a time. It's more or less vipassana going to sleep. I don't remember how long it took, but maybe a few weeks? It is different for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, OneHandClap said:

I basically just listened to a guided yoga nidra track for a while as I was going to sleep (body scanning, mostly), but over time it became pretty natural to do it automatically. You're essentially just lying there and trying to feel each part of the body clearly and slowly, moving one piece at a time. It's more or less vipassana going to sleep. I don't remember how long it took, but maybe a few weeks? It is different for everyone. 

No I mean these days how quickly you can consciously go to sleep? I'm using a similar method but it takes me at least an hour to reach the detachment state.

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

No I mean these days how quickly you can consciously go to sleep? I'm using a similar method but it takes me at least an hour to reach the detachment state.

Well, hard to say. For me, I would drift off pretty fast (5-10 minutes), but then wake up with the void/lucid experience about an hour in. I think certain REM cycles need to kick in for this to engage properly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@m0hsen I've never reached the vibrational stage through sleep yoga. But around 20 times with DEILD.

In order to intensify the vibrations I usually do hypnosis anchors/triggers for deep trance. 

Have you read the book "the Phase" by Michael Raduga? It has many techniques for intensifying the vibrations and exiting the body. It's also the best book on DEILDs.

On 10/7/2021 at 10:37 AM, m0hsen said:

btw It takes almost an hour or an hour and half for me to dethatch myself from the physical body after remaining conscious in the hypnagogic state where you hallucinate until you loss consciousness, and the most effective method I use to remain conscious is through labeling anything that I'm conscious of one by one, be it a sensation, a thought, a hallucination, a sound etc. and when I caught myself lost in hallucination I quickly acknowledge that and label it, just a desire to stay conscious wont work for me,  a constant mental activity is also a must! if I don't do this it's very easy to lose consciousness since the activity of prana on my brain when I relax or mediate is so hallucinatory, it's so strong that, most of the time when I want to quickly sleep I just concentrate on my forehead, it's a very effective way to lose consciousness easily haha.

That sounds great!

The less tired you are, the longer it takes.

For me, when I get close to sleep, it gets soooo hard to concentrate. And if I lose concentration for more than a few seconds, I usually fall asleep.

During sleep yoga practice I currently check whether I'm still fully conscious every second. And sometimes mentally repeat "aware".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneHandClap Congrats!!

I could probably do that yoga nidra technique for 5 yeas without much success.

The deeper your sleep, the deeper the void will get.

And once good at sleep yoga, it should be too easy to turn the void (= formless Nothingness) into formless Love and formless Godhead, if one is able to recognize God and Love during normal meditation even if only subtly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Concentration Skills

I had been soooo stupid.

The two most important factors for sleep yoga are:

  • brainwave skills
  • concentration skills

I've pretty much only focused on improving my brainwave skills, ignoring concentration.

I should have spent time improving my concentration skills.

1-2 weeks ago I started doing that.

I try to remain conscious during the day and during meditation. I basically check every second whether I'm still fully conscious or whether I'm close to losing consciousness. And of course during sleep yoga as well.

In the beginning, I did only that during meditation, and stopped what I usually do during meditation, because my concentration wasn't strong enough to remain conscious while doing other meditation stuff. But during the past 1-2 weeks I've seen a lot of improvements in my concentration skills, now I'm able to practice remaining conscious while also doing my usual meditations.

The focus shouldn't be on being conscious, but on remaining conscious. 

Something I found very helpful is to constantly mentally repeat "conscious" or "aware" or "am I conscious?". That makes a real difference. But once you get better you should stop doing that, to increase difficulty.

 

Some small changes of my sleep yoga routine:

  • mentally repeating "conscous" and constantly checking how conscious I am
  • after snoozing the alarm, when asking the questions, I keep my eyes open, at least 10% open. To ensure asking these questions seriously. 
Edited by GreenWoods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm more talented than the average seeker for reaching higher states of consciousness. But for sleep yoga, I think I'm less talented than the average seeker.

I've been trying sleep yoga for almost 1 year now, and before that I spent some time going into trance states. Alltogether I've done around 5 000 hours doing spiritual practices.

And I haven't had a single WILD lucid dream yet, which is basically a sleep yoga skill. I've had DEILDs but no classical WILD.

There are countless posts on reddit and dreamviews of people who manage WILD. People who never even meditated. They might struggle for months, but I would say 99% of people who had a WILD have put in less effort than I.

So I suppose sleep yoga will be easier for most of you guys than for me. 

 

I wrote earlier that the 2 most important components of sleep yoga are brainwave skills and concentration skills. Talent is even more important.

It's of course possible without talent too. But so much more struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@OneHandClap really interesting! I started a yoga Nidra practice.  It's basically a form of afternoon naps for me. Love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Have you read the book "the Phase" by Michael Raduga? It has many techniques for intensifying the vibrations and exiting the body. It's also the best book on DEILDs.

That book comes with so much valuable informations, but still I haven't found any solution in it to overcome my struggles, 

Basically when I reach the vibrational state and my energy body starts to detach from my physical body, after a few moments of being floating in space, I start to either go up or down in one direction in a high speed, I have no idea how to enter the real-time zone like the way Robert Monroe experience OBE, I still don't know where it would lead me because I either freak out or become so excited that I quickly come back to my body, staying calm is very crucial to avoid that.

I don't know how I can enter the real-time zone, I don't know how I can normally just start to walk when I'm detached, it's really frustrating man, if you know any resources for this matter to recommend me to study or any books, I'd really appreciate it! 

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

@m0hsen I've never reached the vibrational stage through sleep yoga.

@GreenWoods btw have you tried microsleep method?     

 

 

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, m0hsen said:

Basically when I reach the vibrational state and my energy body starts to detach from my physical body, after a few moments of being floating in space, I start to either go up or down in one direction in a high speed,

So at that point you are fully out of body?

What's the problem with going up or down?

8 hours ago, m0hsen said:

, I have no idea how to enter the real-time zone like the way Robert Monroe experience OBE, I still don't know where it would lead me because I either freak out or become so excited that I quickly come back to my body, staying calm is very crucial to avoid that.

I don't know how I can enter the real-time zone, I don't know how I can normally just start to walk when I'm detached, it's really frustrating man, if you know any resources for this matter to recommend me to study or any books, I'd really appreciate it! 

I wouldn't care about the real time zone. You are out of body, that's the important thing. Now try to stay calm and get away from the body. 

Are you saying you can't walk? Can't move at all? Maybe you can will yourself away, or fly away.

Generally all that stuff might just take a lot of practice, eventually you become more calm and are also able to easily move.

I don't know any resources, but if you do a lot of research you will probably eventually come across some good advice. Imo the best resources for lucid dreaming and astral projection are forums.

11 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

 

@GreenWoods btw have you tried microsleep method?     

I watched these videos some time ago and experimented with it a bit, I think I even mentioned it here somewhere.

I guess I sometimes have some kind of microsleep during sleep yoga practice. But I don't intentionally try to have it, as it's currently too risky to just stay asleep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

So at that point you are fully out of body?

 

Yes

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

What's the problem with going up or down?

I'm pretty sure I'd land somewhere in the universe but the experience is so freaking real that I've never made it to the end and couldn't overcome my fear, so I after a few seconds I come back to my body. so I'm not really ready to go to some unknown places as a beginning of my astral travel journey. I need to be in the rea-time zone to be able to stomach whatever I'm experiencing and be able to slowly overcome my fears.

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

I wouldn't care about the real time zone. You are out of body, that's the important thing. Now try to stay calm and get away from the body. 

I wish that was as easy as you said man, it takes a lot of work and dedication.

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Are you saying you can't walk? Can't move at all? Maybe you can will yourself away, or fly away.

Yeah, I'm just floating, it's like you are on a rocket. I dont know what i'm doing wrong, usually after exit people can just normally walk, that's not the case for me.

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Generally all that stuff might just take a lot of practice, eventually you become more calm and are also able to easily move.

hopefully.

18 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

I don't know any resources, but if you do a lot of research you will probably eventually come across some good advice. Imo the best resources for lucid dreaming and astral projection are forums.

Yeah, currently I'm reading that pdf of frank kepple forum posts hopefully can find something useful in it.

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I'm pretty sure I'd land somewhere in the universe but the experience is so freaking real that I've never made it to the end and couldn't overcome my fear, so I after a few seconds I come back to my body. so I'm not really ready to go to some unknown places as a beginning of my astral travel journey. I need to be in the rea-time zone to be able to stomach whatever I'm experiencing and be able to slowly overcome my fears.

What are you afraid of?

Even if some crazy shocking stuff happened, you would immediately get back to your body.

But yeah that's easier said that done, that stuff feels so real haha.

5 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I wish that was as easy as you said man, it takes a lot of work and dedication.

I hear you, I have a similar problem. I've had over 100 lucid dreams, mostly DILDs, but they still always quickly end. On average maybe 30-40 seconds long. Even though I'm not excited and do all the stabilisation techniques out there. Really frustrating.

It made me stop trying to have DILDs. One reason why I really wanna master sleep yoga. With a good sleep yoga skill, I will have lucid dreams all the time, and will be able to reliably reenter lucid dreams, thus I will quickly learn to really stabilize my dreams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, GreenWoods said:

But yeah that's easier said that done, that stuff feels so real haha.

Very real, the experience itself is crazy enough that you have really hard time staying calm really.

Btw what's your thoughts on self-hypnosis ,reprogramming subconscious mind in a way that you define a trigger like a word or something, and once you said it and have the intention to have it, instantly put you on astral realm?

Maybe its easier to be done with help of psychedelics?

Have you encountered anyone in the forums who achieved something similar to this?

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WBTB method works great on me!! so it's been 4 days since I decided to seriously commit to master my sleep, I always wanted to put in deliberate regular practice into this work but for whatever reason I procrastinated it until a few days ago.

My goal is to reach a level which I never ever loss consciousness in sleep.

So in the past few days I started using this Indirect method to experiment with lucid dreaming,

Basically for the past few days I sleep at 11 pm and Wake up at 6 am, meditate for 20 mins and go back to sleep, not a single day I missed the tunnel and vibration state!!! it's working from the very first attempt!

basically at 6 am after meditation and falling sleep consciously my energy body starts to detach from my physical body and find myself floating in a tunnel which I previously talked about it in the recent posts, 

Today I figured that these few second of moving in that tunnel is a very crucial state and something need to be done here with my imagination in these few seconds to consciously enter a dream. tow attempts today and both worked successfully (first attempts trying to stand up while moving in that tunnel and second attempt imagining flying with a very high speed towards sky) having two lucid but very short dreams ( first dream 5 to 10 second and second dream probably 25 to 30 seconds.

in the second dream all I did was engaging with my senses to stabilize the dream and make it a very long one but unfortunately ended very soon and I did nothing but rubbing my hands with each other and talking and smelling something. 

In the previous days I didn't have any lucid dreams most of the time I only experienced the tunnel and then snapped back to my body or had non-lucid dreams after the tunnel.

The tunnel which I immediately enter after separation of my energy body and physical body looks similar to this:

preview-149088-JmD7pmmVXX-high_0009.jpg

it's so weird man, I dunno why it's the case for me.

Edited by m0hsen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now