Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psychventure

LOA

14 posts in this topic

Is the thing loa works? Then why holy scriptures talk about faith, belief? 

And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.” – Matthew 21:22. ..

'O believers Pray for your wish at night. Allah alone is sufficient to fulfill your desire'       

quran

"be careful what you wish for because you just might get it"  My mom, 1985. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The law of attraction is BS.  If you want something in life, you have to take steps to make it happen.

But true fulfillment, in my estimation, is realizing that everything is already perfect as it is.  You need nothing additional in order to be at peace right now.

@Beginner Mind how can you take steps to make what you want happen, if you don't first know what you want? 

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Beginner Mind how can you take steps to make what you want happen, if you don't first know what you want? 

I'm not saying visualization isn't helpful; visualizing something often enough may lead you to take certain actions in your life which brings about whatever you've been visualizing.  But the idea that imagination by itself can manifest stuff is nonsense.

@Beginner Mind if you have no idea where you are going.. any path will get you there.  

don't confuse 'law of attraction' with 'the power of 'instant manifestation'. 

Think of it more like this.. If I decide I want to learn Japanese, for example, once I decide that's what I want, the opportunities for me to learn Japanese will present themselves (I will notice them).. I won't instantly learn Japanese, but the path becomes clearer. 

If I have no idea where I want to go, how will I know what path to take to get there?  Law of Attraction is all about clearly understanding what you want, so you can recognize the path that will get you there.

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it." Paulo Coelho

Don't take my word for it.. this is something you can experiment with and notice for yourself. 

@Mason Riggle I guess it depends on your definition of the law of attraction.  If by LOA you mean a tool that can help you gain clarity on what you'd like to have in life, then yes that makes sense.  But I think many people have the false impression that they can simply use their imagination to manifest things, which is just silly.  (No offense intended to believers of this stuff.)

@Beginner Mind

That’s like saying breathing depends on your definition of gravity.

59 minutes ago, Psychventure said:

Is the thing loa works? Then why holy scriptures talk about faith, belief? 

And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.” – Matthew 21:22. ..

'O believers Pray for your wish at night. Allah alone is sufficient to fulfill your desire'       

quran

These all are saying the same. 

48 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

"be careful what you wish for because you just might get it"  My mom, 1985. 

? ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That’s like saying breathing depends on your definition of gravity.

Agree to disagree. :)

40 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

@Mason Riggle  But I think many people have the false impression that they can simply use their imagination to manifest things, which is just silly.  

Yes, this is a silly notion of what 'LOA' means, if you think it is the power to just imagine something and have it instantly appear before you. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

Here is another example of LOA, as described by Henry Ford. 

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't – you're right,”

LOA is nothing but your intuition.

Once you make something so firm in your mind , your intuition will notice the tiniest of the things around you and guide you to somehow make it happen. The probabilities seems to work in your favour. It's very tricky though.

Like most things, there is a deep problem with the marketing of LoA that makes people misunderstand it.

I always try to take action. As soon as I wanna do something, let’s say write a new book, I start writing the book or take some action instantly. I don’t plan for months and engage in mental masturbation trying to figure everything out perfectly in advance because then the fear of failing becomes greater and there is more pressure and I never get started really.

I learn through trial and error, and that is the best way to learn. You cannot be perfect before you have even started.

What LoA does is that at the same time as you are taking action on your desired outcome, you are visualizing and creating a burning desire (as Napoleon Hill stated) and this becomes a driving force for you to use, so that you do not lack motivation and so that you actually BELIEVE that you can achieve it. But at the same time, you have to somehow externally prove to yourself that you will be able to achieve it. For example finishing a short story before writing an entire book. 

So LoA works if you know what it actually is. But creating an entire identity out of LoA and trying to write down the same sentence of what you want over and over, expecting yourself to just magically receive it... that’s just bullshit. Affirmations can only work if you connect it to an emotion, vision, AND practical action.

So get moving first, and then LoA will take care of itself

Edited by QandC