Death_

A new commonplace book software.

36 posts in this topic

@StarStruck because all your notes have ".onenote" Format which is unique to onenote and it is hard to migrate to other apps.

".md" Migration, however, is effortless, because it is a universal format. You just open your files with other app and 99% will be the same. Your won't have a similar seamless transition with onenote, so sustainability here is, really, uncomparable here

Edited by Hello from Russia

Obsidian has no capacity to insert an image in an easy way.  I copy an image into an clipboard by Ctrl+C, go to Obsidian, press Ctrl+V and it inserts the current path to an image. That's it. Nothing more.

In order to insert an image, which one of the most elementary and crusual features note-taking software has to have, I have to:

a) create a sub-directory "images" in the current vault, if a sub-directory hasn't been created already

b) possibly rename an image, in order to avoid conflicts

c) copy an image there

d) copy the path to it or an image itself, by Ctrl+C

e) in a note, insert an image tag with the path to an image

THAT'S ALL i HAVE TO DO TO INSERT A BLOODY IMAGE!

What a fu-ing peace of sh!t called note-taking software. Unbeliviable!

On a forum they told "yeah, you should open a ticket and suggest them it"

i'm speachless.

Well, I want to use Obsidian as an alternative to OneNote on the OS-s other than Windows. Nothing more. It's not an alternative, it's a basic "notepad" app with some features, but which, at the same time, lacks one of the most basic feature(s)!

@rnd Obsidian is now still in beta stage and when it reaches to v.1 sky is the limit. 

I thought that the topic that I published will never get any attention but it turns out to be the opposite. 

Edited by Death_

What i like about obsidian is the custom made plugins that change the UI itself. Meaning a developer can make any changes to the software vai a plugin. Onenote also has plugins but freedom is limited, but it does have more big company integrations. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 11/02/2021 at 9:52 PM, StarStruck said:

Why would OneNote not be future proof? I'm using Onenote 2016. Until now I haven't came across any problems. OneNote is part of a larger Microsoft ecosystem. I won't be leaving Microsoft OS anytime soon so I won't have a problem.

The mindmapping fuction of Obsidian is interesting. I'm using another app to make those mindmaps so currently having two separate systems. Obsidian would solve the split but from the looks of it, it is not very advanced and it feels gimmicky. My mindmap software is much more advanced so I will stick to my setup.

Out of curiosity, which mind mapping software are you using?

10 hours ago, b_woo said:

Out of curiosity, which mind mapping software are you using?

draw io

In Tate we trust

@Death_ Thanks for bringing awareness to this software. I love it! Having those custom plugins make this program incredible. If you know some CSS you can do some serious mapping. OneNote is still more user friendly, however leaning towards future proof is something worth considering.

@rnd wait, what? I just copy images straight from the internet and Ctrl V into obsidian and everything works in 1 second. It then creates an Image file in Attachment Folder automatically

Good Video for some motivation.

Edited by Death_

Interesting. I agree that images speak more than words. I very often make sketches while talking on the phone, which then help me remember and what was discussed and my emotions

Check out this site --> https://philosopher.life/

Software: TiddlyWiki

It is a note taking software in which notes stored in it are save in a single html file making it really portable.

That site kind of caught my eye, so I am sharing with you all.