Insightful27

Having vs Doing vs Being (help)

8 posts in this topic

Recently I have started to take a deeper look at what brings me happiness and I’ve found that having things (all my notes and keepsakes) as well as others validation ranks high on the list. My question is what is the best way to move more toward doing and being happiness? How do I become okay with losing all of my notes and sentimental things I’ve  collected over the years?

Simply realize that having things does not actually make you happy.

You have a bunch of stuff, yet you are still unhappy, and that will always be the case no matter how much more stuff you get.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There was a piece in Conversations with God where it was said that our world understands the Being-doing-having paradigm the other way around. Copy-pasted:
There is a formula called ‘Be – Do – Have’: Most people think that if they Have something (money, for example) only then they can Do (go on a vacation), which will then allow them to Be (happy, peaceful). Yet, it works the other way around. First you want to Be something (happy), then as you are happy you will start Doing things of happiness, and that will bring you to Have something. ‘Be – Do – Have’. 

@Insightful27 just my 2 cents

3 minutes ago, Insightful27 said:

@Leo Gura what practical steps would you recommend I take towards letting go of all the "stuff" in my life?

inquiring deeply into who you really are

Stay cool & dry.

@Insightful27 For me I have to centre myself in being, once I realised that there was nothing that was outside of being that could be greater it was a big shift for me, it doesn't mean that you can't have ecstatic experiences combined with being through our interactions with life but it doesn't compromise the centeredness of being. I mean, there's going to be turbulence, there's going to be shifts and what not, but its a restoration point, its a location point in time and space that you can point to and be like "Oh! That's where I am, okay I'll just go back to that", and then you flow from there again. This is the heart space as well, for me its like an impenetrable knowing where you can take yourself in any direction you wish to will yourself, this is because this space is so pure, untainted, loving, simple, knowing, unshakeable.

Best.

So for me its in the following order then there's nothing to worry about:

1. Being
2. Doing
3. Having

If I've got being handled in the way that I do, my actions are going to flow well and my having isn't going to be too tainted. But I wouldn't sacrifice creativity for what I believe I know about being either, meaning I'll always be exploring deeper and expanding my scope of the possibilities of life rather than only surrendering myself to the ledge at the edge of the cliff, no I love diving off it and seeing where I splat just for the fun of it then touching base with being again. This is your ride.

And I see it more as the following anyhow rather than (1) being (2) doing (3) having:

1. Being ---> 2. Doing --> 3. Having ---> 4. Relationships (unity)

Having? What is there to have? Nothing but yourself everything else is an illusion. 

With any relationship that you have with existence, its a relationship first and foremost, there's no having, there's relating to, so in that respect I now see that as a striving for unity. 

I see doing and having with respect to my body and mind, making them both as strong as they need to be in order for me to have as much fun as possible. This isn't the absence of sentimentality though nor the inclusion of needless nostalgia, to me the former aids in the navigation of honouring and respecting both past, present and future experiences as ones intuition feels its needed, it gives rise to a richer more poetic experience as well. Outside of this though life is a true crime, fair game. Which has both a rebellious component and a relational component, but the former is supportive of unification as is the latter, if unification is the end, then we must tear down boundaries while also respecting those important for unity, emotionally, mentally, physically, existentially, abstractly, creatively and more.

Or maybe even then number 5 can be ---> Unity/Unification.

Edited by Origins