Intraplanetary

Law of attraction is absurd !

45 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Most already believe and accept that the past effects the now, but that the future does not. The future effects the now as much as the past. But because the future is unknown, we don't want to go there. We'll stick with the familiar even when it's awful. 

That's true, but its probably best to let go of the parts of the past that are toxic, and replace it with the new, same with the future. 

Although ultimately the past is just as unknown as the future, we've just been brainwashed to think otherwise. 

In the context of this thread's discussion, LOA isn't really about physical manifestation, but rather just being who you are. And that sort of fits much better with why you can't control the dream. Not controlling it is part of the process of realising more about who you are. 

Edited by electroBeam

34 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Not controlling it is part of the process of realising more about who you are. 

control (v.)

early 15c., countrollen, "to check the accuracy of, verify; to regulate," from Anglo-French contreroller "exert authority," from Medieval Latin contrarotulus "a counter, register," from Latin contra "against" (see contra) + rotulus, diminutive of rota "wheel" (see roll (n.)). The word apparently comes from a medieval method of checking accounts by a duplicate register.

ContROLL with it baby. xDxDxD

Oh man, my daughter literally just rolled out my yoga mat. What synchronicity. o.O

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11/15/2020 at 9:59 PM, GreenWoods said:

LOA is definitely real.

I guess those starving kids in Africa just aren't utilizing the power of their minds...? 9_9

1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

I guess those starving kids in Africa just aren't utilizing the power of their minds...? 9_9

Option A. Blame kids in Africa for their predicament.

Option B. Blame idiots who believe in the Law of Attraction for not being compassionate.

Option C. Envision health and well being for kids in Africa, and be open and looking for a way to act to help, when one appears as it will inevitably, act on it with joy and enthusiasm. 

Option C is the actual understanding and utilization of the Law of Attraction.

If there were really separate selves, and cause and effect, we could blame or credit them for attracting their circumstances. But there aren't, so we cannot do that. What we can do is focus on creating a life and world that we want in our experience. The only thoughts we experience are ours so it is up to us to align our thoughts with what we want. If we blame someone for their thoughts, that's just an unaligned thought of our own. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Option A. Blame kids in Africa for their predicament.

Option B. Blame idiots who believe in the Law of Attraction for not being compassionate.

Option C. Envision health and well being for kids in Africa, and be open and looking for a way to act to help, when one appears as it will inevitably, act on it with joy and enthusiasm. 

Option C is the actual understanding and utilization of the Law of Attraction.

If there were really separate selves, and cause and effect, we could blame or credit them for attracting their circumstances. But there aren't, so we cannot do that. What we can do is focus on creating a life and world that we want in our experience. The only thoughts we experience are ours so it is up to us to align our thoughts with what we want. If we blame someone for their thoughts, that's just an unaligned thought of our own. 

There is no blame here.  Everyone is simply acting out their genes + conditioning.

I'm simply pointing out the absurdity of believing that one's imagination can alter their life circumstances.  The only thing that can change your circumstances is taking ACTION.

P.S.  I had seen one or two of your videos on Youtube a few months ago but didn't realize who you were on Actualized.org until now.  You're one of the better posters here.  I'm shocked you haven't been offered a moderating role.