Intraplanetary

Law of attraction is absurd !

45 posts in this topic

I'm reading this book 1000: The Levels of Consciousness and a Map of the Stages of Awakening for Spiritual Seekers and Teachers.

It says that the law of attraction is absurd as we can't order the universe around. And this realisation comes as we awaken deeper and deeper. 

Do you agree? What's your experience with LOA?

Bth, it's a great book. Another map to help you along your spiritual journey and it assists in filtering spiritual teachers and some low-quality teachings. Highly recommended. 

But don't leave until you tell me about LOA?! I'm very disappointed with my efforts to attract a job I wanted. 

softly into the Abyss...

LOA is absurd, but coincidence, randomness and chance is even more absurd. 

Edited by electroBeam

LOA is definitely real. 

But it's more nuanced than most people realize, therefore they don't get significant changes in their lives from it.

10 hours ago, electroBeam said:

LOA is absurd, but coincidence, randomness and chance is even more absurd. 

Can you explain it? I think LOA and randomness are different. LOA is an intentional mind and thought control dubbed with faith. Whereas chance and randomness are not intentional. No one is going around believing in the Law of randomness? 

softly into the Abyss...

8 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

But it's more nuanced than most people realize, therefore they don't get significant changes in their lives from it.

How is it more nuanced? Maybe it takes much more practice e.g. visualisation, and actual disciplined work. However, LOA is claimed to be easy peasy. No work just believe. I think that LOA doesn't work because it is based on egoic needs. Attract wealth and the like. 

I feel like the less I accept from life and the more I surrender to whatever is, the more I gain. very counterintuitive.

softly into the Abyss...

14 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

Can you explain it? I think LOA and randomness are different. LOA is an intentional mind and thought control dubbed with faith. Whereas chance and randomness are not intentional. No one is going around believing in the Law of randomness? 

Actually you do ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Intraplanetary

Acceptance/surrender go hand in hand with LOA. LOA is not about effort. LOA is about feeling good, about being authentic, about self-realizing :)

Read this as inspiration:

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Everything starts with your thoughts. Once you want to attract something authentically, your actions slowly start to align with your thoughts. This can happen unconsciously or even consciously if you're serious enough. Of course, thinking about stuff once in a while and daydreaming are not going to suffice. Visualization, discipline, determination and patience are required. Even then it's not guaranteed that you'll succeed, but the universe/life/whatever tends to help you in the long run.

Edited by nistake

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

Well if you win the lottery, a LOA will say its from your LOA practices, while a western scientist will say its a coincidence/random.

Contrary to popular new agey opinion, its not correct to say the lottery was won through LOA, but ALSO its even less correct to say that you won the lottery through coincidence and random chance.

To find out, contemplate it.

They do believe in LOA, maybe you misunderstood, maybe it was about non-doership, the small "I" thinking it can manifest things when it's actually the big "I" doing it.

@Intraplanetary LOA is absurd in the sense of the actual society we live in. We are all mixed up and have to co exist in society for survival purposes. Its like being on the vibrational frequency of Jesus who attracted only those that were in a similar match to him, but he was inside a society full of manipulators and unrealized beings. You are gonna get run over and pissed off. 

LOA will be an exceptional law probably in the future, a golden era, if that occurs. Still it is important, but you have to learn how it works. Is not crazy magic. You have to think and act as well. If you dont know how it works or have experience on it, dont rely on it. You will get pissed off. Use your brain, act and manipulate if necessary. 

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

39 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Nahm 24/7 conscious awareness (like through belly breathing)?

As in being presented with the notion ‘you create your own reality’...instead of considering this or pointing the inquiry into it, what is missed is the very notion presented for consideration is being used as the very means not to consider it. Another way of saying it is one would rather suffer than be attentive to their own judgements. (No offense anyone, this is of course more deeply not true). Yet another way to more practically see this...look at any threads here...and put the ‘non’ glasses on...see the deepest insight to be realized is that of the questions that were never answered (op’er and or original inquiry wise). Alternatively, a paradigm was held onto. Most often, judgement is employed inattentively (“asleep”) via comparison. It becomes so habitual it happens right under the nose, but goes unnoticed. But one can be attentive to what one has thus far been inattentive to. A specific example would be being inattentive to one’s belief in separate things & causation, which opens the door to believing concepts about randomness, luck & coincidence, when ‘that there are separate things’ could have been directly inspected. The belly breathing is an alternative to reactionary thinking & behavior, and the inspection is then possible. It could be said that this is to discover the actuality of intention, which one is being / has been, inattentive to. Notice these words said here can be ‘used’ either way. This is always the unnoticed dualistic way, until it is inspected and isn’t (the ‘non’ of ‘it’).

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Your answer: 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

You can manifest anything if you have ability to transmute your sexual energy but that requires higher consciousness. 

You don't need to manifest anything, because you are sufficient to yourself. You may want to manifest something, perhaps to keep a form going, but happiness doesn't depend on it. Manifestation is the game. As long as you don't take it too seriously, or expect anything permanent to come from it, manifest away.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.