Chimera

Is the ego important or not?

45 posts in this topic

@Shin Shin you bastard, is this image supposed to be an ideological purity test? Of course I recognise that cartoon! 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 minute ago, lmfao said:

@Shin Shin you bastard, is this image supposed to be an ideological purity test? Of course I recognise that cartoon! 

There is no Shin, no I, no you.

There is only pure experience, nothing is doing everything.

See if I care !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

There is no Shin, no I, no you.

There is only pure experience, nothing is doing everything.

See if I care !

?

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@Chimera

there is a video by leo called "ego stages" or something

it's not like you become selfless and just give and be loving without boundries, that's just being a bitch

your ego has to get that first and why it also serves it's needs, there are levels, that you have to go throught to exhaust your ego to reach another one and another one, repeat until infinity

On 11/17/2020 at 9:12 AM, Someone here said:

It's not something that an individual possesses. It is the individual itself. Which doesn't exist. I know it's mindfuck but if you turn your gaze inward you will find nobody in there. 

No I'm telling you there  is no me or you lol . Crazy and ridiculous. But true. It's not my fault anyways lol. 

? yep nobody gets it... yet it seems to be recognized ?

A psychosomatic misunderstanding. (Jim Newman)

Or

A misidentification with energy and conditioned thoughts that seem to take place within the body/mind.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi