Eren Eeager

Does L theanine really work?

8 posts in this topic

Despite taking 500 mg of L theanine, I failed to notice any calming symptoms despite occasionally mild results here and there that might even be explained by placebo effect. Is this the case for you? I am on SSRIs so this might be the cause,IDK.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Maybe it's the SSRIs. 

500mg is extremely noticable, in my experience.

200mg dissolved in tea chilled me out way too much even with the caffeine. I think it’s quite anti-serotonergic, so SSRI’s could have easily blocked its effects.

Try Taurine or Valerian. Really calming, Taurine lasts around  8 hours 1 gram of Taurine. They have no side effects. Helped with Hppd symptoms they should help you with an overactive nervous system.

@Bulgarianspirit I used to have some wicked HPPD and the only thing that helped was pregnenolone 100mg (Life Extension brand). It actually worked so well it was like cotton balls were taken out of my ears. And the visual snow completely went away. And the effects lasted for almost 3 days.

1 hour ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Try Taurine or Valerian. Really calming, Taurine lasts around  8 hours 1 gram of Taurine. They have no side effects. Helped with Hppd symptoms they should help you with an overactive nervous system.

Valerian can knock you the fuck out if you try hard enough xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

When I started 100 mg was very noticeable - like switching to slow motion.

I find L-Theanine very subtle, 200 mg is the sweet-spot for me, more than that will give me a headache.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”