Eren Eeager

Low carb vs vegan diet, which one is healther?

5 posts in this topic

I read a lot about the health benefits of going low carb but still I wanna go vegan for ethical reasons and still most vegans would like to market veganism as a very healthy lifestyle. Is that true? Can I consume high carb plant products and stay healthy? 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Important to do lots of research to ensure you are getting the actual nutrients you need, regardless of diet. A blood test now and then can help.

7 hours ago, datamonster said:

If you really want to do a low-carb diet, you could do a vegan low-carb diet.

Exactly. Even tho, when you truly start to take your diet seriously and switch to vegan-thinking, you'll most likely loose some weight and by continuing eating healthy carbs, plant-based foods you won't have to worry about if its low or high carbs at all (unless you have some medical issues ofc)

This young man has made a really good video on this topic.

Besides that I agree with everything @datamonster said. Probably 80% of results will come just from eating whole foods.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

as was mentioned you can distinguish between healthy and unhealthy vegan diet.

whole foods, b12 and iodine, rest is less important. Heck you can include some processed food if it makes you like whole foods more (and adherence to diet easier), also vegetable oils are not great, not even olive oil (unless you have a hard time getting enough calories in and lose weight by default, then oil is fine)

whole food plant based - nutritionfacts.org is fine for learning, just dont become a diet zealot (veganism or omnivore can both be healthy if avoiding saturated far i feel)

you can check other things like 21day vegan challenge etc