Tim R

US: why so narcissistic patriotic?

89 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

How can you be so sure that

1. "the right" (look, I kinda have a problem with terms like "the right/the left" because they are so generalizing and the total opposite of nuanced thinking, which I value very much) wants to or is going to create fascism? That's a very, very, very harsh accusation, I hope you understand that. 

2. "the right" is miscalculating the left?

3. "the left" is not miscalculating the right?

(PS: those are more or less rhetorical questions, because you can't be sure. At least you shouldn't be sure. Even less so, if your assumptions start with ideas as unsubtle and grossly oversimplifying as "the right/ the left")

That is just such a naive and crude way of thinking... 

There's so much more nuance to this.

@Preety_India I'm only attacking your opinions, not you.

That's how I see the whole picture. At this point I can't waste time sitting looking at nuances. I have to pick a side and I picked the left. Because it makes more sense than the right. The right blows things out of proportion and cherry pick the left. And with how Trump reacted to the election, I'm only more and more inclined to be on the left. Sorry but the right appears more and more delusional every day with false claims of vote fraud. With a candidate like Trump, the right lost all credibility in my eyes. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

Left: good.

Right: evil and bad.

Just look at the republicans.

End of story.

@Mikael89 Anaphylactic shock incomingxD

Just now, Preety_India said:

At this point I can't waste time sitting looking at nuances. I have to pick a side

@Preety_India Well, then you are a full-fledged part of the problem which you are so eager to criticize and demonize. 

No right without left and no left without right.

Just now, Tim R said:

@Preety_India Well, then you are a full-fledged part of the problem which you are so eager to criticize and demonize. 

No right without left and no left without right.

It's bipartisan politics. You have no other option but to choose one out of 2 candidates. The other independent parties don't matter because any votes for them are throwaway votes. I'm talking about us politics. If you're from Europe, I Dont know the political system there. But in US, you can't really achieve much by sticking to nuances. Either you choose one or the other, Dems or reps, and democrats are appearing much saner than the Republicans right now.. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's bipartisan politics. You have no other option but to choose one out of 2 candidates. The other independent parties don't matter because any votes for them are throwaway votes. I'm talking about us politics. If you're from Europe, I Dont know the political system there. But in US, you can't really achieve much by sticking to nuances. Either you choose one or the other, Dems or reps, and democrats are appearing much saner than the Republicans right now.. 

@Preety_India True, in that sense you have no other choice but to pick one of two sides, I understand that.

But that is not the same context as "left vs right" - it's the context of "dems vs reps" (which itself is only a part of the context "left vs right").

I wasn't referring to your choice of political party (or that you (unfortunately) don't have any realistic possibility to embed nuance in your choice) , I was referring to your worldview regarding who of both left and right would be going to create what system (communism/fascism or whatever else). 

There I think your view lacks nuance and is oversimplified. That's a whole other issue than dems vs reps.

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

If you're from Europe, I Dont know the political system there.

@Preety_India Maybe you're interestedxD

@Tim R lol sorry no. I only watch US politics. Sorry about that. 

9 hours ago, No Self said:

@Lindsay  I made a video on YouTube about it, and some Karen found it offensive so it was taken down!)

Lmao ? wow

America in a nutshell: Too pretty for hard work, egomaniacs, chasing winnings and can't give an educated response to simple questions. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am! Stuck in the middle with you.