Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mvrs

Simple answers here

13 posts in this topic

A lot of people respond to people’s confusion by giving them paragraphs of advance explanation. I feel like the best answer is that out most simply . So I want this post to be for people who have dee questions but just want simple answers. So if anyone asks a question please try not to rant an answer to them. Just put a simple sum up. 

@BipolarGrowth Take your meds, Consciously read the Bhagavad Gita, and meditate. Most importantly: Enjoy the journey.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@BipolarGrowth Ask yourself exactly what, in this moment, there is to be depressed about. Insist on an honest answer. If it is something you can change, do it. If it is not something you can change, accept it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, Moksha said:

@BipolarGrowth Ask yourself exactly what, in this moment, there is to be depressed about. Insist on an honest answer. If it is something you can change, do it. If it is not something you can change, accept it.

This is something you should memorize 

@BipolarGrowth Perhaps try checking in on your mental state frequently until it's a habit. Look for things to be grateful for. If there isn't anything, perhaps complement yourself on your ability no notice that, and on your remembering to do it -- thank yourself for being kind, as you're doing this in order to be happier, more loving, etc, which will help yourself and others. Even when you're very happy, there will still often be alternating mental states like sadness, uncertainty, hope, anger, calm, etc -- this is mindfulness.

Great topic, @Mvrs

Question: How am I not my body? I know I am not my thoughts or feeling because they are always changing, but the body is always there and it is the center through which all experience travels.  

7 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Question: How am I not my body? I know I am not my thoughts or feeling because they are always changing, but the body is always there and it is the center through which all experience travels.  

The body is always changing. Most 90 year olds look quite different from 15 year olds. 

On 14.11.2020 at 3:50 AM, Mvrs said:

A lot of people respond to people’s confusion by giving them paragraphs of advance explanation. I feel like the best answer is that out most simply . So I want this post to be for people who have dee questions but just want simple answers. So if anyone asks a question please try not to rant an answer to them. Just put a simple sum up. 

It doesn't always work like that. Yes, although you can give a short answer to a deep question, in most cases this will be completely useless.

If someone asks "what is existence" and I answer "unconditional love" - then what? It doesn't explain anything. Even if the question isn't quite as deep as this, a short and simple answer (which might even be true) won't be useful for understanding.

Do you know what this whole "short-answer-to-complicated-question"-enterprise is called? Ideology and dogma

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

It doesn't always work like that. Yes, although you can give a short answer to a deep question, in most cases this will be completely useless.

If someone asks "what is existence" and I answer "unconditional love" - then what? It doesn't explain anything. Even if the question isn't quite as deep as this, a short and simple answer (which might even be true) won't be useful for understanding.

Do you know what this whole "short-answer-to-complicated-question"-enterprise is called? Ideology and dogma

Words don’t explain anything it’s all circular definition so a 70 page article vs the two words unconditional love have the same depth of meaning which is infinity they both have all the meaning you want to assign to them 

@Edvardas Only intransience is real.