charlie cho

High consciousness games

40 posts in this topic

I found the game Sims2 and sims 3 to be very educational in childhood. IT really gave me an insight into how retched and meaningless life can be unless someone does something not mechanical! aside from making money shitting and eating good food and making stupid friends. 

Some final fantasy games were beautiful because they spark our imaginations and really delve deep into the problems of human life. Spec ops seemed cool. etc. 

Leo showed one of the games he liked in his blog. Wish i could get more recommendations of high consciousness games like that! I just bought an awesome computer with an awesome graphics card!

10 hours ago, charlie cho said:

Wish i could get more recommendations of high consciousness games like that! I just bought an awesome computer with an awesome graphics card!

Congratulations, enjoy your new awesome computer! Hug it sometimes. ^_^

First of all, a reassuring omen: Because you are consciousness, nothing can lie outside your responsibility. Anything can be highly conscious; you don't have to outsource high consciousness to a game because you are the game. This opens up a playground of possibility for you! You could play Battlefield and be utterly submerged in life's dream. 

Let's define some higher consciousness virtues. My most prominent are Beauty, Intimacy, and Adventure. What are yours? What do you want to experience? What do you want to explore? The path of enlightenment doesn't have to be this boring assigning of ones and zeros. Play Skyrim. Dragons are real. As real as your graphics card. Laugh, "Goddamn, I've created dragons! LOL! My whole life, I believed one narrative, yet there are infinitely many!" Play Alien Isolation. Play while on a high. Play, and do bursts of shamanic breathing in your chair.

Frostpunk

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I agree with what @SirVladimir said. It all depends on the way a certain game make you feel something extraordinary. For me it was games like Doom, Dreamfall. Sonic 1,2,3, Silent Hill 1,2,3,4 . It really is all about perspective, it doesn't have to be a good story or something technical it can be anything really. 

Even a piece of Paper can be exciting because you can draw anything or write or whatever you want to, there is no limits

JOURNEY (2012)

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Dark freakin' souls.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I started playing Starcraft 2 again recently and I found it really helps with my focus, managing many things at once while strategizing against what your opponent is doing is quite the brain workout. 

I wouldn't say it's high consciousness like deep contemplation, meditation, self-inquiry etc, but I can say for certain it will bleed into your life positively if you play to win and while playing in moderation. 

If you're looking for something that's a work of art that's actually deep, I'd highly recommend Hellblade : Senua's Sacrifice for its nuanced depiction of living with psychosis, one that was heavily informed by Mental Health professionals working with the Dev Team. The game does an incredible job of weaving the main character's schizophrenia into the game mechanics, and does so in a very intimate way in the hopes that you'll cone out of it with more empathy for people struggling with Mental Illness.

On top of that, the game takes place in a beautiful World heavily influenced by Norse mythology, and has well realized game mechanics that involve puzzle solving and melee combat.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Some good games to play:

Nier automata

The Stanley Parable

Layers of fear

Bioshock infinite 

Witcher 3

What remains of Edith Finch 

Mgs the phantom pain

Pathologic 2

Portal games

The binding of isaac rebirth. Maybe my favorite game but also highly addictive. 

I also agree that dark souls and hellblade are amazing. 

19 hours ago, nitramadas said:

JOURNEY (2012)

Journey was a beautiful game!

I found this game, I didn't play it yet but it seems interesting ...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Psychonauts! :D

Haven’t played it, the name caught my attention, though. A new one will be released next year.

Checkout Antichamber... I remember when I smoked weed and played the game for the first time and my mind was blown away for the first moments - the same happened to many of my friends :D

Management type games:
Rimworld, Prison Architect, Cities Skyline, 4X games can also work (Endless Legends is quite nice), Starsector

Fast stylish action-packed games:
Hotline Miami 1 & 2

Chess-like games:
Slay the Spire, Into the Breach

RPGs with great stories and character development:
Fallout 1 & 2, Underrail

This War of Mine would also fall within some of these categories... really gives you insight into how it is living in a warzone.

I'd stay away from most multiplayer games as the competitiveness can easily ruin the joy and get you sucked in.

Edited by Dingo

Idk how will you take this.

Its basically a sandbox survival simulator, its RTS and RPG too, you can play with 1 char, or 300, you can roam the massive world, or build your civilization, fight, trade, farm, sell weed, whatever you want. The game is not limiting you in your play-style.

Its set in a stage red, with a bit of emerging blue enormous open world.
Its post apocalyptic mad max + spaghetti western + samurais.

You are thrown into the world and you are weak, anyone can beat you. You are no hero in this game, you have to be smart to survive.

The game has 0 objectives, all meaning making is up to you. The game is a simulation, there is nothing scripted, its all up to you. Difficult things will happen, you will run a lot, get beaten, taken into slavery, taken by cannibals, racists, have your leg eaten alive. This is the point where you realize, why did people decide to team up and how societies came to be, how much better is it to play with 2-4 chars than with one. You break your leg alone in the middle of the desert, you are done. Once you die in this game, its done, no re spawns.

Got a lot of great insights from it about the difficulties governments face, policing, economies, survival.... ect.

It was also great for exploring my shadow side. This game having not many constraints will let your shadow pop up.

If nothing else, this game will make you hard as a nut. It will punish you very hard for every mistake. Its not shy about that.

Edited by Yog

Awesome games guys! I will have to check all of them!!! Lol...

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16