• INFP
    • ESTP
    • INTP
    • ENTP
    • ENFJ
    • INTJ
    • ENTJ
    • INFJ

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

For people who 

On 9/5/2016 at 10:20 AM, Lynnel said:

I'm an INFP but I've gotten P and J exactly at 50 %.

Also I can become an extravert simply by focusing energy outwards

The whole MBTI model never seemed very accurate to me : your person can be anything and shift accordingly all the time :P

Far as being able to shift to extravert, a lot of people can adjust themselves. The real answer is what is your natural inclination rather than your situational demands. I hardly tip the scale for E myself but I not only always pinch the result but in the end I have the key extravert trait of energizing through interaction and being able of bury my mood and stress around people. Underlying drives like that are worth considering

I always score ENTP and lean 70% P every time but got J only once because the questions were geared towards habits or behaviors that were simply a necessity rather than what I prefer or would do if the time was more lenient. Technically the P and J part is broken anyway. MBTI uses the Jung cognitive functions which do not include P/J

You first have introverted and extroverted energies which are applied to the functions of sensing, intuition, feeling, and thinking. Perceiving and Judging from MBTI does not reflect back to the Jungian cognitive functions. MBTI is not perfect, but it is pretty fair with some introspection and consideration into what the MBTI traits are meant to be.

@Rewrite Preach!

I usually score INTP, just barely on the p/j axis but after I watched this video describing the difference in functions of INTP vs INTJ I have no doubt that I'm actually INTJ.
There are a lot of types that have totally different functions who are likely to answer the questions in a similar way, this makes mistyping common. The test should be used as a beginning place, not an end.

MBTI nomenclature is also really shitty. INTJ's are predominantly perceivers whereas INTP's are predominantly judgers, in spite of their letters.

Edited by Seraph

According to wiki INFP,INFJ,INTP and INTJ (the four most common types on this forum) are the most common types among musicians.

Anyone want to forget about all this actualization stuff and just start a band together? :P

The research was a bit sketchy though (link¬¬

Edited by Marc Schinkel

Introverted intuitives ftw.  Too bad there isn't an art and music section on this forum! :o 

Interesting, the forum poll is almost inverse of the general population poll, if you take out most of the extroverts. 

Edit: INFJ, but marginally. Literally the lowest of the general population.

Edited by philosogi

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

ENTP -- who's become much more introverted after following actualized.org and doing spiritual work on my own.

INTJ,

But my advice here would be to not get caught into this labelization of your psychee.
Read about it a bit, and have some ahah moment, but DON'T identify with it.

Mostly because we all have some traumas or at least some blockages that makes us act in ways we wouldn't if they weren't there (even if we aren't conscious of them right now).
There is also the fact that when you age, you tend to go toward the middleground of the spectrum, this isn't necessarily set in stone.
Also because any kind of identification (even if it's correct) is a way to block you into your spiritual realization.
Any belief whatsoever actually.

You could be INTJ and switch to 2 or 3 other similar personality in several years, or even switch from an Introvert to an extrovert (or the inverse) because you were so unauthentic all your life that you didn't even know your predominance (energized by social interaction - drained by social interaction).

@LowPlanetary It isn't rare on a forum, especially this one, because people who are into self-developement needs to be able to introspect themselves.
Extrovert usually never learn to do that, it isn't in their nature.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I'm an INFP but i'm surprised by how high the percentage of the IN's are here, because i was sure IN was supposed to be fairly rare, i guess i was wrong lol.

On 11/19/2016 at 5:25 PM, Leo Gura said:

Interesting poll.

I'm INTP, but very balanced on the N and P to the point of almost being 50/50. But I and T are very strong for me.

Although that's from over 4 years ago, before doing any consciousness work. I wonder how it's shifted in the last 4 years.

I think you're an ESFJ, and TheArchfiend and iJustine are both INTP's. :)

9_9

Edited by CuteYTDawg
More information.

On 4/29/2017 at 0:08 AM, Shin said:

INTJ,

But my advice here would be to not get caught into this labelization of your psychee.
Read about it a bit, and have some ahah moment, but DON'T identify with it.

Mostly because we all have some traumas or at least some blockages that makes us act in ways we wouldn't if they weren't there (even if we aren't conscious of them right now).
There is also the fact that when you age, you tend to go toward the middleground of the spectrum, this isn't necessarily set in stone.
Also because any kind of identification (even if it's correct) is a way to block you into your spiritual realization.
Any belief whatsoever actually.

You could be INTJ and switch to 2 or 3 other similar personality in several years, or even switch from an Introvert to an extrovert (or the inverse) because you were so unauthentic all your life that you didn't even know your predominance (energized by social interaction - drained by social interaction).

@LowPlanetary It isn't rare on a forum, especially this one, because people who are into self-developement needs to be able to introspect themselves.
Extrovert usually never learn to do that, it isn't in their nature.

That's true. I very much agree with you. But people don't seem to realize that learning about something that isn't 100% accurate on learning about yourself isn't entirely useless. It is more of a guide and a good guide in my experience. Used without believing that it dictates and predicts your entire life, it could help you be more aware of what problems you may face and how to get through it as well as use your strengths. In summary, use it thinking it points to likelihoods rather than absolute truth.

The consensus in some Mbti communities is that your personality does not change. It doesn't mean the introvert-extrovert, intuitive-sensing, thinking-feeling, perceiving-judging kind of change. But in the cognitive functions, structures of thinking. And I emphasize, structures of thinking, not what is in the thinking, which is supplied by culture. In the more complex deeper theory called the cognitive functions (See the sites Personality Junkie and Personality Hacker for more), everyone has introverted, extroverted, thinking, feeling, perceiving and judging traits. And people tend to prefer traits but they can actually grow into their opposite traits and become more skilled at using them, while still preferring their more early traits. This is why people can look like a different type later in their life.

Descriptions of types online are the less developed versions and don't have much info on versions when they grow more developed. Which is unfortunate, because it gets the misunderstanding that' people are fated to be forever stuck in their ways. Because if you look closer, there are information online on how to be more feeling if you're a thinker, more sensor as an intuitive and more in specific advice applied to a type.

Another idea is that people in stressful times and mental illness don't look like the normal versions of their type. They take on traits of their opposite type more in an unhealthy fashion. I can't really go into this much without making it too complex or confusing. But that's the idea.

The dichotomies are an oversimplification, making Mbti a more limited experience to people.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Greetings to my infj brothers and sisters!

I'm an ENFP-T scoring around 90% on T(urbulence) :|

Just me who think people are talking this to seriously, it's a model and has some merit, but it's not a precise science. Feels like popular science, I for one is a mix of a lot of the types. Although extroverted.   

Apparently i'm ESFP-A, the entertainer this time. 4 months ago I was the consult. 

Edited by Spiral

INFJ-t

I recommend to learn about the 8 thought processes instead of the mbti descriptions.