andyjohnsonman

Leos "boost your immune system now" blog

28 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2020 at 7:16 AM, andyjohnsonman said:

Just to warn any of you who want to follow the advice Leo gives in this blog it is NOT safe to mega dose vitamin D as Leo states on this blog, "It is safe to mega-dose Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 for short periods of time. I would do so immediately if I felt sick. A mega-dose of Vitamin C might be 5,000mg to 10,000 per day and a mega-dose of Vitamin D3 might be 10,000 to 20,000 IU. I would only mega-dose a few days at a time if I was sure I was sick."

I have been taking 50mg of Vitamin D for the last week and have ended up getting vitamin toxicity which can be very serious which has lead to kidney pain, bones aching all over, nausea, constipation, fatigue and constant urination. I would recommend no more than 10mg of Vitamin D a day and refrain from Leo's advice of mega dosing this stuff.

It is not safe if you jump into megadosing vitamins without doing research. You HAVE to take Vitamin K2 in proper dosages when you're megadosing D3.

Edited by smurf88

@andyjohnsonman  I am still curios, did your really take 50mg Vitamin D or just 50mcg? I wouldn't consider 50mcg a mega dose, but with 50mg we are surely approaching real dangerous territory.

I meant to type 50mcg and i still believe it was this dosage that messed me up. I was fine prior to this dosage and after taking it I got all the symptoms of vitamin D toxicity, now i have come off it I am fine again, which makes it strange to hear you all reporting taking such massive amounts.

I’d recommend checking Doctor Rhonda Patrick’s stuff regarding Vitamin D & her podcast(s) with Joe Rogan, she covers it all there quite in depth

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Im back on the vitamin D. Just to update you all It wasn't Vitamin D toxicity it was strength training overload. So i'm gonna take this groups advice and try 5000IU a day plus 50mcg of K2 to manage the calcium levels.

19 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

It wasn't Vitamin D toxicity it was strength training overload

Glad to hear you managed to identify the cause :) Good luck !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus