Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mondsee

Best Tips For Trying Mushrooms For The 1st Time

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I am going to try mushrooms for the first time this weekend together with an experienced friend.

I am re-watching @Leo Gura video on mushrooms (The Amazing Power of Psychedelics - Leo Does Magic Psilocybbin Mushrooms!) for guidance, but he uploaded it in 2016, ie. four years ago. Since then maybe there is updated information, or other than the info there, what tips do you think are missing for a total newbie!

I am all ears and hope this thread will also help other newbie psychonauts!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Dive straight into your fears, It will feel liberating afterwards.

The only thing keeping you away from realizing yourself as god is fear, once fear is out of the way, only love will be left. 

Thank you for your tips @fridjonk! Did you set an active intention for your trip before taking them? Or did it happen naturally for you?

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

10 minutes ago, Mondsee said:

Did you set an active intention for your trip before taking them?

I just try and face my fears head-on. Silence is good for that, I find music to be a form of escape often. But of course, you can enjoy that as well during some periods of the trip. You should set your intentions based on your developmental level. Only you'll know what intentions you need to set, sometimes I like setting them, other times I just let the trip decide. 

@fridjonk nice! thanks

Start off with 3-3.5 grams at least. Grind it up in a grinder and place it in a cup. Fill the cup up with orange juice as pure and organic as you can. Doesnt have to be the juice of the fruit itself but it would be a good idea, you can still buy a bottle from somewhere and it works the same. But you fill it up till it just over flows the amount of shrooms, stir it up and let it soak for 5 min. This is done because Vitamin C is a catalyst for Psychedelics and it makes eating them much more pleasant. Set the intention of "Letting Go" Put it down in writing. Something like "My intentions for this trip is for Letting Go". Down it all at once, should take a gulp or 2. Then meditate for 20-30 min. When you feel the effects lay on your bed with headphones and listen to "reading music" from Youtube. Set the intention of "Letting Go rather than "facing your fears" because thats just gonna prime your brain for fear, where as Letting Go will prime your brain to letting go and surrender to the essence of the experience itself. This will bypass that whole aspect where fear wont even arise, You'll automatically end up in Love. Fully feel into your body and merge with the sounds. Remember to concentrate on your breathing during any intense moments. Let us know how it goes. Dont forget to take notes after your experience. ;)

Focus on the solution, not the problem