VeganAwake

'I know' is an illusion (Jim Newman NONDUALITY)

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, arlin said:

he believes of course consciousness is something the brain does and is the sourse of "me". right @VeganAwake ? (btw how are you my friend? :) ) 

The word Consciousness implies there is someone or something that is aware and conscious of everything.

Jim points to the deep recognition that the very thing that believes itself to be conscious and aware whether it's consciousness itself or the separate seeker is a completely illusory experience/the dream.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

The word Consciousness implies there is someone or something that is aware and conscious of everything.

Jim points to the deep recognition that the very thing that believes itself to be conscious and aware whether it's consciousness itself or the separate seeker is a completely illusory experience/the dream.

See this is what I'm pointing to in my earlier response about how the 3 teachers I mentioned point out their believed faults in certain words (such as consciousness) and how this makes this view incorrect.  Its perhaps limiting, and perhaps unavoidable.

Words don't mean anything inherently and to imply they do or imply they mean something in particular is "........."  and perhaps missing the point of the intention of what these teachers are trying to point to.

20 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Its paradoxical ❤

It is not, he is making it very complicated trying to answer the questions, when all he is trying to say is that everything that arises is already as it is supposed to be.

It does not matter what you believe, or experience, as it is already full experience, which means you seeking answers to questions is already experience that arises, you finding or not finding answer to question is irreverent, experience of thinking that there must be answer arises, as both question and  answer is already experience ,but question or answer do not exist until it arises

To put it in other words, no matter what arises in your experience it is all an illusion and you thinking , or not thinking, believing , or not believing  about what I just wrote is illusion.

Might be helpful in a way , then again if your goal is to droop everything, you must realize that this is  gibberish too.  

3 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

It is not, he is making it very complicated trying to answer the questions, when all he is trying to say is that everything that arises is already as it is supposed to be.

It does not matter what you believe, or experience, as it is already full experience, which means you seeking answers to questions is already experience that arises, you finding or not finding answer to question is irreverent, experience of thinking that there must be answer arises, as both question and  answer is already experience ,but question or answer do not exist until it arises

To put it in other words, no matter what arises in your experience it is all an illusion and you thinking , or not thinking, believing , or not believing  about what I just wrote is illusion.

Might be helpful in a way , then again if your goal is to droop everything, you must realize that this is  gibberish too.  

I agree with what you said and I think Jim would too.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Mu_ said:

See this is what I'm pointing to in my earlier response about how the 3 teachers I mentioned point out their believed faults in certain words (such as consciousness) and how this makes this view incorrect.  Its perhaps limiting, and perhaps unavoidable.

Words don't mean anything inherently and to imply they do or imply they mean something in particular is "........."  and perhaps missing the point of the intention of what these teachers are trying to point to.

Essentially their communication is that apparent existence is a real and unreal experience simultaneously.

Real in the sense that it's what's apparently happening.

Unreal in the sense that the experiencer is an illusion, and thus making that which it experiences unreal.

An illusory dreamer experiencing an illusory experience. ❤

To clarify in this case it has nothing to do with I, it is just form used, there might be no sense of you, it changes nothing, also it has nothing to do with thoughts , it was just example that is closer to us. It is about all experience.