r0ckyreed

How to research most effectively and efficiently!?

12 posts in this topic

Where do you all get your research information from?  Where and how did Leo find out about spiral dynamics?  How can I use google or other sources most effectively to help facilitate my research on personal growth?  Any advice would be highly appreciated! :D 

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

• Spread your conceptual awareness as far as possible. Always be on the lookout for valuable knowledge, information, and topics. You don't have to deep dive into everything but be aware of it, know what is it, know the fundamentals, etc. (up to increasing levels of understanding based on its relevance, quality, and value). You never know where you will find value.
    • For example:
      • Aim to just be aware of PewDiePie
      • Aim to study developmental psychology significantly
  • Do broad research, considering multiple sources
    • Consider Google, YouTube, Reddit, Bing, Quora, Forums, Actualized.org Forum, 4Chan, Darkweb, Books, Gurus, Mentors, Other People, Discord Groups, etc.
  • Find keywords that are high quality
    • For example:
      • "ultimate guide", "infographic", "list of"
  • Find and collect the key sources that are gold mines
    • For example:
      • Actualized.org (for a plethora of things)
      • Real Social Dynamics (for social skills and game)
  • Learn the crucial skills on how to research, learn how to skim, how to read effectively and efficiently, how to take notes, etc. before investing a great deal of time in research
    • For example:
      • Learn to skim effectively, absorbing only the most crucial information and going more in-depth based on importance
Edited by AlphaAbundance

Depends on what you want to learn?

Mostly youtube, wikipedia, google, books.

5 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:
  • Spread your conceptual awareness as far as possible. Always be on the lookout for valuable knowledge, information, and topics. You don't have to deep dive into everything but be aware of it, know what is it, know the fundamentals, etc. (up to increasing levels of understanding based on its relevance, quality, and value). You never know where you will find value.
    • For example:
      • Aim to just be aware of PewDiePie
      • Aim to study developmental psychology significantly
  • Do broad research, considering multiple sources
    • Consider Google, YouTube, Reddit, Bing, Quora, Forums, Actualized.org Forum, 4Chan, Darkweb, Books, Gurus, Mentors, Other People, Discord Groups, etc.
  • Find keywords that are high quality
    • For example:
      • "ultimate guide", "infographic", "list of"
  • Find and collect the key sources that are gold mines
    • For example:
      • Actualized.org (for a plethora of things)
      • Real Social Dynamics (for social skills and game)
  • Learn the crucial skills on how to research, learn how to skim, how to read effectively and efficiently, how to take notes, etc. before investing a great deal of time in research
    • For example:
      • Learn to skim effectively, absorbing only the most crucial information and going more in-depth based on importance

Awesome thank you so much!! I really appreciate it! What are the gold mines that you have come across besides Actualized.org and Real Social Dynamics?

Have any tips on being a good skimmer?

Thank you for your detailed response! Thank you!

5 hours ago, ArchangelG said:

Depends on what you want to learn?

Mostly youtube, wikipedia, google, books.

Personal/spiritual development.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

@r0ckyreed Glad to help

What are the gold mines that you have come across besides Actualized.org and Real Social Dynamics?

Another one is CrashCourse on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse). A plethora of free courses on different topics, giving an overview of the fundamentals and even going in-depth with different fields. Similarly, there is For Dummies (https://www.dummies.com/) with their books.

Some further ones is the sites https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/  and http://www.acaloriecounter.com. A pair of websites that have no bullshit, straight forward content in the health/nutrition/body domain. Great introductory content and overviews into this domain.

Some larger-scale mines are sources like Wikipedia and Reddit (some productive subreddits). With, these larger-scale sources, you got to be specific to find the gold. However, most in-depth (high quality) information sources don't have that much breadth. Some smaller-scale sources than the ones above would be a plethora of books, channels, teachers, courses, websites, etc. In fact, a lot of them are similar which help with cross-referencing, seeing different angles and perspectives, etc. As one does research, they can collect sources from different places. 

Actually, upon close inspections, I would say the idea of gold mines kind of falls apart. I think they just mean, the highest quality sources of particular domains and different multi-domain sources. Which means what would be considered a one seems few and far in between.

It depends heavily on your goals as well. If you suggest your top 5 endeavors then I can give you recommendations in those fields. This forum itself has many resources (different posts as well as the whole "high consciousness resources" subsection)

18 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Have any tips on being a good skimmer?

I would say

• Prioritize,
    • Go from skimming to deep reading based on the quality, relevance, and value
  • You don't have to read every word
    • You have already forgotten what I wrote about earlier in this very message, that shows that it may really just be about getting the gist of it, the key ideas
  • Read with your eyes ---> Force yourself to go faster
  • Focus on the essential words (like nouns and verbs)
    • For Example:

"Another one is CrashCourse on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse). A plethora of free courses on different topics, giving an overview of the fundamentals and even going in-depth with different fields. Similarly, there is For Dummies (https://www.dummies.com/) with their books.

Some further ones is the sites https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/  and http://www.acaloriecounter.com. A pair of websites that have no bullshit, straight forward content in the health/nutrition/body domain. Great introductory content and overviews into this domain.

Some larger-scale mines are sources like Wikipedia and Reddit (some productive subreddits). With, these larger-scale sources, you got to be specific to find the gold. However, it seems most in-depth (high quality) information sources don't have that much breadth. Some smaller-scale sources than the ones above would be a plethora of books, channels, teachers, courses, websites, etc. In fact, a lot of them are similar which help with cross-referencing, seeing different angles and perspectives, etc. As one does research, they can collect sources from different places. "

(It can even be waaaaaay less "skimmed" than this if you deem the article to be to that less of value. You can even just read just part of the introduction and the conclusion, with how articles are usually structured. With how some of these forum posts are it would be crazy not to)

Still, research speed reading and skimming for better information

Edited by AlphaAbundance

Nice! Thanks!  Some of the gold mines I have found are Stefan James (Project Life Mastery), Jason Capital, David Lion, Dan Lok, Actualized.org of course, and Lee Wolak 

I think this would be a very useful Actualized video which I would be very interested in watching as I feel Leo is excellent at doing research properly

6 hours ago, andyjohnsonman said:

I think this would be a very useful Actualized video which I would be very interested in watching as I feel Leo is excellent at doing research properly

I agree

5 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@r0ckyreed Cool, I'll check them out

@andyjohnsonman

Thanks. Very good. The only thing is that I don’t think he went into the details of research, but rather the mindset you should do research. I am talking about Google scholar peer review journal or something like that or PsychInfo or whatever engines. I recall that Leo said that he would make a video about how to work Google in an effective way, and this is kinda what I meant in research. So I get the theory of research, but the actuality is something else.

8 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Frank-Zappa-Quotes-3.jpg

“If you wanna be an archaeologist, you need to get out of the library.” —- Indiana Jones

@r0ckyreed Peter Ralston is by far the best spiritual teacher that I've come across. 

You might wanna check out his trilogy

1. The book of not knowing( crucial, crucial, crucial for spiritual development)

2. Pursuing Consciousness

3. The genius of being

He got some stuff on youtube, and especially this interview series that Leo did is great introduction to Peter Ralston

If you're interested in the future, how internet is and will transform society I can recommend one of my favorites, swedish philosopher, Alexander Bard. 

Edited by ArchangelG