X_X

?How can I get in touch with my death? ?

20 posts in this topic

I'm trying to contemplate my death but the reality of it just doesn't seem to register in my mind as it has a few times before. 

How can I get myself to really feel down to my bones that this thing existance is finite, singular and short?

Edited by X_X

Go to a cemetery.  

I find rock climbing helps me contemplate death, although, I am not contemplating, but rather being immersed into the present moment.  You cannot be screwing around in your mind when you are hundreds of feet off the ground.  One false move and you're done.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

I guess what you're thinking of is:  Time

That's all really death can be.  The end of an experience.  Or awareness of its length of time.  

You might have to gain a more intimate understanding of time by meditating on it.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

@nitramadas But that’s awareness from the POV of a person , right?

There’s no  time for consciousness. Right?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

49 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@nitramadas But that’s awareness from the POV of a person , right?

There’s no  time for consciousness. Right?

Imagine a massive, infinite cube of data, it has the data that fits all of our human senses.  For every mm you move down you get a new bit of data.

You're awareness, and you're falling through it.  As you do, you hit 1000 bits of this data every second on average.

Humans have 5 primary senses.  Lets say each sense can only take in 1 bit per second.  As you're falling through the cube, those 5 senses get filled up so fast you don't even notice any lag time.  This is as there are more bits than the senses can take in.  

Your senses get so overwhelmed with this data that you can't make it "glitch" no matter what.  You move your hand as fast as you can, yet the visual data keeps up.  You don't get error messages or anything.  You senses get filled up so fast that you become convinced it's all real.

What happens if you fall faster?  Time goes faster as you're pushing into those bits faster.

What if you have a glider?  You can alter the direction you're falling.  It's a cube, not a line for a reason..

So does time exist?  Well, the cube is always the same.  If you're the cube, there is no time.  But if you're just 5 senses falling through a random piece of the cube?

So the falling consciousness/senses and the cube itself always stay the same.  But unless you're the cube, you're always falling.  If you can send a sense further down the cube, further than you currently are, you can see the future.  But you have to remember, it's a cube, you and everyone else rarely follow an exact straight line down.  I can predict the future with 100% accuracy, but it's not necessarily gonna be the future I end up at.

There is no real reality.  What we call real is just the path we're currently falling through.  The present moment.  Everything else is equally real, just maybe somewhere in the distance.  "Real" is the bias we give to wherever we happen to be at the moment.  Keep in mind I used a lot of metaphors here.  This is beyond-Yellow stuff so it's gonna be a little abstract.

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

@X_X I'm trying to get in touch with my own death too. Awareness of death is a universal spiritual practice. 

I think your question is the same as asking "How can I stay mindful?", it's an ongoing process. If it was easy to stay mindful there wouldn't be the need for any of this. 

Death awareness goes together with an intense awareness of the present moment. That this moment is it, and you aren't beguiled by thoughts about future and past.

We all live our lives in denial of death, distracting ourselves from it. That denial of death allows us to be consumed by distractions and scattered attention, untill suddenly you're lying down your death bed, realising you let it slip away. 

By taking death out of life, hiding it, it allows us to live unconsciously. Death is the ultimate reminder, the ultimate imperative to not remain in the dream state. 

Typing this all out, it's been a reminder to me to remain vigilant. "momento mori". 

@r0ckyreed had a good suggestion. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

8 hours ago, X_X said:

I'm trying to contemplate my death but the reality of it just doesn't seem to register in my mind as it has a few times before. 

How can I get myself to really feel down to my bones that this thing existance is finite, singular and short?

Work at a nursing home or something like that as a volunteer etc.

You'll probably see many old people go.

I used to work in an office of a retirement/nursing home for a while (not as a volunteer) and i'm thinking about doing even a lot more work in that "health" sector

Death is usually kind of blocked out of sight in our society

9 hours ago, X_X said:

As others have suggested nothing beats real life experience. I'd suggest to go a little more personal, though. You have to find something that you're really afraid of. For me, it's heights. Nothing makes me more more present and aware of my death than that. Sometimes I go to peak over the balcony rails (all within some safe measures) and remind myself what it feels like. 

@nitramadas  Thanks, what you said really resonates in me. A lot of things you said I understand it from my new logical POV, in the sense that I dropped some beliefs I had about the solidity of the world.

But for some reason I feel that I need to experience it to understand it. Maybe more meditation on that matter.

I appreciate a lot you sharing your experiences in this matter, really. I hope you stay in this forum long enough so we can learn more from you.

Thanks!

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Keyhole 

8 hours ago, Keyhole said:

Wow wasn't even aware of such a thing happening in real life.

8 hours ago, Keyhole said:

That's scary. Wasn't there anything they could have done to save him? What about with today's technology?

@X_X

You can go watch gore sites. Although I'm not sure if it's healthy, it certainly makes me watch my back and move further onto the sidewalk when walking down the street.

Ive heard things about ayahuasca

I can send you some best gore. videos that are not so violent to not violent at all (without gore, that is) but nonetheless shows you the brevity of life.. If so just give me a dm asking for links ? 

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@Keyhole  Those can be means of emotional and physical pain projection. We try to imagine these experiences as if we knew what they were like. We are projecting and imagining something that feels terrible. Why? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just ask your death. Ask it anything you want. Really. Don't be self-conscious about it.

After all, it's YOUR death.

Nana i ke kumu  Ka imi loa

I don't reckon gore videos are good for this sort of thing. I don't think they're helpful or important. But I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it. Gore videos are mostly like watching a mindless horror event.

Putting aside the gore videos involving intentional violence, with murder and suicide. Maybe it invokes something positive from you when you watch someone dying in an accident going about their day to day life. Doesn't really invoke that in me.

There isn't any emotionality and sentiment to a gore video. Maybe if it was a documentary or news report combined, talking about who the person was and giving it context, I think it would be meaningful. Otherwise you're just seeing blood and violence (accidental violence) where there's no soft emotional impact to it. It's just a gross video.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

If I die now, You will still live. Is just a perception of the ego that will cease to exist. For me the root question that made me feel like death was around the corner was " How do kids see the world? ". The most wholesome answer is in us, because we were kids and we know how it was. This might be counterintuitive because we go back instead of forward but it makes no difference actually, since before our births or after our deaths shouldn't make a difference in the realization of "non existence".

A little kid can't tell the difference between the feelings of others or his since they are full of empathy. The ego is being established as a means of protection for survival, so is an archetypal mean of natural caring and love that establishes ego in the first place. From this perspective we can see that love is at the root of ego. The problem that we can't access that love that is inside of us are from various reasons but the root of it is fear. The fear itself is the problem not the branches that it evokes ( isolation, lack of meaning, death..) So from this conclusions the way to get in touch with death is to get in touch with love.

I think Christ is a really good example of the way to face the aversities of the monstrosities life can bring and how to raise above one's condition in the world. His conscious was already aligned with the true nature of love making death even non existent through the symbolical resurrection. One cannot get in touch with this consciousness if they are not willing to sacrifice their time. That, can only happen, through love. 

Meditate on death and feel into the feeling of you dying. 

Genesis 27:27-29

9 hours ago, Keyhole said:

I disagree, human beings learn through observation and you can learn a lot by observing and listening and coming to understand the experiences of other people.

Whether we want to admit it or not bodily death does happen and just like observing someone who has a skill that you don't have you can do the same thing when it comes to death.

This is also something that needs to be ceremonialized, or at least recognized, in our culture and it's something that people need to be able to have up front and in-depth conversations about when it comes to their own death and the death of those around them.

I agree, but most of those videos are really for entertainment. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but why? We'd do better to observe and be curious about ourselves and why we are fascinated or horrified by the things we are. 

The identification with the body drives a lot of our behaviors. I suspect that we study tragic bizarre things with fascination and horror, trying to figure out how to prevent them from happening to ourselves. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 11/11/2020 at 8:59 PM, X_X said:

Contemplate the direct experience of your beginning, your birth. 

Die in meditation. Let go of your self, the roles, the identity, the gender, the body, the mind, all preferences, anything you thought you would ever do, everything you have, everything you think you’ve become and could or would become, and everyone you love. Let it all go in meditation and die.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Hire a hitman to kill yourself then call it off last minute and pay him for his/her troubles, who knows when you meet them (its been completely anonymous so far) you may hit it off if they're your preferred sex. That means you'll have proximity to death on call 24/7, something usually only both disdained and fortuned ("I'm morally superior to you by being on call 24/7 for saving the lives of mostly just people that plague the medical insurance institutions thus leading to higher insurance rates you'll have to pay but will likely never use by any relative measure!") by medical doctors. In reality, most of those doctors just want to feel needed, this is why many of them become strippers in their educational rise to medical infamy and if they like it just for the fun continue doing it on the side, sometimes skipping sleep during their 24/7 call rolling up to emergency surgery in with either a g-string or sun tan lotion (by the male). Nice to know I'm in good hands, if worse comes to worse I can become a prop in their next stripping exploit and my now hitwoman lover will ice em all at the party.

Edited by Origins

Here's a better practice: How can you get in touch with LIFE?

one day this will all be memories