Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neorez

Cbd oil/pills

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking to get some cbd oil or pills for my anxiety and to improove my sleep. Does anyone have some experience with it? What is the best dose? Or is it not recommended as a nootropic? 

The dosages which work are very very high, unfortunately thus very expensive. A few drops won't cut much.

I think some biohackers had measured improved deep sleep etc. At like 60ml +

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

9 hours ago, Neorez said:

I'm looking to get some cbd...

Before you do please consider this simple observation:

On 24/03/2020 at 6:12 AM, Egzoset said:

Extreme THC:CBD ratios are man-made...

Besides additional considerations over the consumption tool & ritual, 3rd-party external "vilification" factors, etc.

@Neorez I take about three drops three times per day of a 5% CBD oil (which probably is not a high dose) and it helps me being relaxed during the day and to sleep deeper. For me as a sensitive person it is absolutely amazing to have a clearer mind in the face of everyday struggles. However if you wanna try and use it for real serious conditions, you may need a really high dose as well.
My recommendations: Buy a high quality full spectrum oil (which contains a bit of THC and thus is more effective); keep it at room temperature; shake every time before use; start slowly: one drop under your tongue and wait for 1 to 2 minutes; increase later and see how it feels. Enjoy! 

@Neorez I'd recommend trying to find the underlying cause of your anxieties. 

CBD can be helpful in the short term but there are now many reports of long term complications including psychosis & hyper allergenic reactions. I definitely wouldn't stay on it for more than 2-3 months until you can work on the root cause. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Thank you for the info. I wasn't aware of those reports. I have been taking CBD for over 1.5 years with no negative outcomes whatsoever but now that you mention it, it's wise to at least take a break. Thanks again!

@Advocate It's mostly about not becoming dependant on something. I would say 9/10 people take CBD for anxieties or other forms of neurological hyperexcitation. It helps but it does not make the root cause go away....and what it it stops working one day? It's the dependence factor that is most scary. And then CBT is an extract of an extract kinda like pharmaceuticals although it sounds more "natural" the only role is to stimulate a bunch of endocannabinoid receptors, again effect similar to how certain drugs (e.g. modafinil, adderall etc) work. None of it is the solution but it gives the person suffering an opportunity to regain their peace of mind so they can work on the underlying issue :) I think this is how we should approach all-natural remedies. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

As I know, it is possible to find some doctors that are competent in this sphere and to consult with them

@Michael569 I agree. Although honestly, it took me years to find out what the root cause for my issues was let alone resolve it. And in the mean time, you still somehow need to function in everyday life and CBD was invaluable for me in that regard. 

So a little update since I started taking the CBD. I've taken 90 dosages of 40mg, one each day sometimes 1 each 12hours. It did not really lower my anxiety and sleep wasn't all that better, maybe just a little but nothing significant. But I think I have found the source of the anxiety: ADHD-I. I'm now taking methylphenidate and feel very relaxed and can finally be focused. For the first time in a very long time, I feel happy and have the feeling I have somewhat control over my mind and my life in general. I still feel like me when I take it. What changed is that now I have access to everything I've learned over the years: mindfulness, emotional control, focus,... Even my nervous ticks: nail-biting, pulling hair, leg twitching,... just stopped right after taking the medication. I know the medication has a bad rep but for the first time, I have the feeling I can breathe.