Frosty97

Sadhguru saying "Drugs will lead to America's Downfall"

65 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

Lets pretend someone’s degree of enlightenment is really high, like anagami, what would happen if such a person takes dmt? 
Maybe humans could  even jailbreak the brain by creating a certain kind of drug or hormone regulator. Crazy.

Do you think that comes down to different brain structures, hormones and neurons? What exactly is it? 

@Sam Johnson All that and way, way more, infinitely more. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly, because there's so much we don't know, even about our bodies. And the subtle stuff, like karma, how do you even make sure what is true or not in that realm, we don't have the tools.

Edited by Girzo

@Leo Gura for me personally, I didn’t take a lot of drugs. But when I did I experienced nonduality. 
On weed. On LSD 

I wasn’t able to make sense at the time what was happening to me, but after walking the path with meditation 2 years later I remembered the experience. My LSD trip was a horrible bad trip. I had mixed alc, weed and a small dose of lsd in a bad location with friend I thankfully knew really well. 

Not to say I’m scared of reaching the final stage, but could it happen that I become schizophrenic. Because everything is already so psychotic, but in the most lovely and peaceful way imaginable. 

I try to make sense of all of this, I just can’t. I don’t understand why things are the way they are. It is amazing to talk to people like you @Leo Gura that share the same level of understanding and even higher. Thank you for your time. 

Edited by Sam Johnson

@Leo Gura :D yeah you are probably right. I'm already deep into psychedelics. Still i think its not that black and white. Without a spiritual practice like yoga, psychedelics won't free you from suffering. They may reduce your suffering to some degree. 

25 minutes ago, Sam Johnson said:

Lets pretend someone’s degree of enlightenment is really high, like anagami, what would happen if such a person takes dmt?

I've actually seen this happen.

The result can be surprising.

The DMT can lessen their consciousness!

Psychedelics are not guaranteed to work on everyone. People respond differently to them. Sometimes extremely differently. I've seen people not respond to DMT, or respond negatively.

It's a lock and key system. There must be a proper fit between the two.

If you give Sadhguru DMT, it might be counter-productive for him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura stop telling him he won’t and can’t do something...

:) 

plenty of folk with potential around who are not Sadhguru. You’re no different. 

@AcaciaConfusa

Edited by PenguinPablo

Keep in mind, these Sadhguru vids are extremely click-baitey. The thumbnails disgust me. Also Sadghuru always speaks on the side of caution, for better or worse, since he's addressing a mainstream audience.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's like you think you can play basketball against Shaquiel O'Neil.

Wanna POST up!

tenor (12).gif

Just my random 0.02, I believe psychedelics cannot replace the need for manual practice for the population. For example, I've found the only way to really integrate and embody the insights I've had on psychedelics is through rigorous manual practice. But on the other hand, psychedelics seem to provide rocket fuel for the rigorous practices that I fail to see in those who only do manual practices... It's a really interesting balancing act, and one I'm still trying to figure out. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sam Johnson There is a bell curve of spiritual capacity that humans have. From spiritual retards to gods.

Ouch, too true, I can confirm.  I'm a spiritual retard and a half.  :D

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sam Johnson 

For example, I've met people who were born awakened and live multiple live simutaneously in parallel from birth.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I've actually seen this happen.

Leo, where the hell you're able to meet this kind of people? 

I've been trying some research in my country, but with basically zero results

Edited by docs20

Sahdguru knows how to troll this forum and he isn't even a member xD

Seems like each POV has it's own strengths and weaknesses and some just come into this world with a higher state of consciousness. Dunno if it's from karma or past lives or whatever but it does seem to be the case. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sam Johnson There is a bell curve of spiritual capacity that humans have. From spiritual retards to gods.

An advanced yogi is gonna be in the top 1% of the spiritual bell curve with zero practice. And then he will add 1000s of hours of practice on top of that. So you, an average guy, have no hope of attaining his level naturally.

It's like you think you can play basketball against Shaquiel O'Neil.

Beyond genetics, it seems that people past lives have a big impact on their baseline level of consciousness. Many "spiritual genetic freaks" seem to have been yogis in past lives.

the woman clearly asks him about "plant medicine" and they title the video with weed and alcohol?

wtf silly

Edited by PurpleTree

On 10.11.2020 at 1:20 PM, Leo Gura said:

I don't know exactly. Genetics certainly plays a huge role in determining your baseline neurotransmitter cocktail.

If we knew how to edit genes, we might be able to increase your baseline consciousness by a factor of 1000x.

With the background of Epigenetics, you have the ability to up-regulate the genes responsible for "increasing consciousness". Rather profoundly. Dispenza's work is founded on epigenetics. His book "becoming supernatural - common people doing the uncommon" is all about "normal" people having profound mystical experiences absent of drugs. Moreover, he is affirming that age, background, level of trauma etc. doesn't affect your capacity/potential to experience the mystical.

What's your perspective on that?

38 minutes ago, Avidya said:

With the background of Epigenetics, you have the ability to up-regulate the genes responsible for "increasing consciousness". Rather profoundly. Dispenza's work is founded on epigenetics. His book "becoming supernatural - common people doing the uncommon" is all about "normal" people having profound mystical experiences absent of drugs. Moreover, he is affirming that age, background, level of trauma etc. doesn't affect your capacity/potential to experience the mystical.

What's your perspective on that?

That's possible, but all that is still very limited.

You can go to the gym and lift weights, but you will never match a professional bodybuilder like Arnold.

No one can match Arnold because he was born specifically for that role.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/11/2020 at 2:14 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Sam Johnson 

An advanced yogi is gonna be in the top 1% of the spiritual bell curve with zero practice. And then he will add 1000s of hours of practice on top of that. 

And then he will take 5-MeO-DMT and vanish lol

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Leo Gura Maybe that is how it used to be, but things are changing now. My teacher give us these shaktipat meditations every week, the new one is always more powerful than the previous one, the energy on the planet allows for more and more powerful shaktipat energy to come through, helping us reach our highest potential.