levani

meditation and traveling

13 posts in this topic

i am planning on traveling for a year or two, but i just started meditating, i hear that meditation leads to depression in the first year of doing it so will that affect my travel ? if yes then how badly ?

Haha is your ego looking for a reason to quit? xD

1 hour ago, levani said:

i hear that meditation leads to depression in the first year of doing it

Who told you this? Where did you hear this from?

@levani Oh yeah I remember that

Where / who else?

(Not asserting anything)

What is your purpose / motivation / reason for meditation? 

Edited by AlphaAbundance

@AlphaAbundance well, to "be" basically, to find happiness in just being and to unlearn my hedonistic behaviour and addictions and ofcourse to somewhat pursue truth (which i don't think I am ready for quite yet)

19 hours ago, levani said:

i am planning on traveling for a year or two, but i just started meditating, i hear that meditation leads to depression in the first year of doing it so will that affect my travel ? if yes then how badly ?

People use the term meditation so loosely . What is mediation? Contemplation? Sitting doing nothing? You can do nothing or contemplate all day you don’t have to sit to do it. Realize this . Meditation is a trap learn to always be “meditating” and no your not gonna be depressed more than you already will be it could even make life better . Just don’t think you have to sit in place to become enlightened that’s dumb 

Meditation doesn't make me feel depressed. Depression was the reason I started meditating xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

18 hours ago, levani said:

@AlphaAbundance bro like everywhere, Leo said as well he guarrantees depression within the first year of meditqtion

Meditation can cause depression but it likely won't last the whole year.

I had depression only the first few months.

And that assumes you meditate like 1+ hrs a day.

If you meditate only for 20 daily minutes there's no way it could cause depression.

Edited by Michal__

@Michal__ how could you be so sure ? i mean you can't take all people who meditate 20 minutes and measure if they are depressed or not, right ? I just don't want to go down a negative spiral of depression or some shit really so i'm asking as a precaution

7 hours ago, levani said:

@Michal__ how could you be so sure ? i mean you can't take all people who meditate 20 minutes and measure if they are depressed or not, right ? I just don't want to go down a negative spiral of depression or some shit really so i'm asking as a precaution

I can't be completely sure. I just think that even if they were depressed, meditation wouldn't be the cause, since 20 minutes a day shouldn't be nearly strong enough to make you depressed.

Also obsessing over going into a negative spiral definitely wouldn't help your mental state.

@levani If you find yourself spiraling into depression, or into any other energy entrapment, just pull back. The beauty of meditation is that you are at the helm. There is only one rule: Be Conscious. 

When you are Conscious, thoughts and emotions have no power over you. Consciousness is the cocoon of light that keeps you safe. Stay peacefully present in the circle, and don't allow yourself to be pulled out of it into the void. Thoughts and emotions will probably float by. Observe them, explore them if you want, but don't identify with them. You may realize new insights and even experience healing as a result of this.

The purest moments are when you are alone in the light. Enjoy the serenity. Feel the thriving energy that you are. When you are ready, dive into the sun, but not for too long. We have to build our capacity for light. It is astonishing and beautiful to bathe in it.

Enjoy the spiritual spa :)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

14 hours ago, Michal__ said:

Also obsessing over going into a negative spiral definitely wouldn't help your mental state.

this is super true but i am still finding my way (without any help) so i'm just learning and asking the question i deem right, this is a really good response bro, thank you.

@levani When you meditate for longer periods, you start messing with your fundamental understanding of reality. This is emotionally much more strenuous (normally) than what you get out of shorter sessions. 

There's also types of meditations for different things.