fridjonk

Any Cacao drinkers here? ?

41 posts in this topic

Tried it with honey, himalayan salt, almond milk, and tiny vanilla powder. 

10/10 :P 

I'll try more of the recipes posted in this thread soon.

15 minutes ago, flume said:

It makes me so happy when people embody their countries stereotype so well:x 

?❤️

52 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

Is there really caffeine in cacao? It doenst say anything about it on mine

There is some tiny amount, similar to green tea. I find the theobromine to nullify the caffeine similar to how l-tyrosine makes caffeine jitters go away. 

It's nowhere close to the amount found in coffee. 

3 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

@fridjonk Ever try cacao nibs? They make an amazing topping for smoothie bowls! :P

Nope, never seen them in the stores I go to. 

Will make sure to test them if I manage to find some. 

I'm actually not that into chocolate believe it or not. I just really enjoy it in the form of a hot liquid. :D  

I drink about 10g of dark cacao 90% of the days since I was ~7yo. 10g of dark cacao + 350ml of milk + 7 aspartame tablets = 10/10

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

3 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

7 aspartame tablets

sometimes I think you are just taking piss and observing how everybody else reacts 9_9

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I just tried it!! 4 spoons of non alkalized cocoa, a pinch of chili powder, few drops of liquid stevia and boiling water. It was awful .

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

^wtf aspartame is crap, take some honey

29 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

sometimes I think you are just taking piss and observing how everybody else reacts 9_9

Aspartame in doses I use it which is 10 - 20 tablets a day is completely safe. It's not harmful neither has any benefits, just neutral. But it brings a pleasure of eating a few points for me (I have cravings for sweet taste not for fat foods usually), it helps me to stay fit cause no calories, unlike honey. Studies showing aspartame giving cancer to rats were using insane doses. Honey also destroys teeth

"The dose makes the poison" (Latin: sola dosis facit venenum 'only the dose makes the poison') is an adage intended to indicate a basic principle of toxicology. It is credited to Paracelsus who expressed the classic toxicology maxim "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; the dosage alone makes it so a thing is not a poison." This is often condensed to: "The dose makes the poison"

I also use some sodium cyclamate and sodium saccharin but way less because they don't taste as good as aspartame

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

14 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

it helps me to stay fit cause no calories, unlike honey.

While it is none of my concern you should be aware that damage of toxic chemicals goes way way beyond just caloric limit. Sweeteners have been found to cause significant metabolic disruptions on the level of glucose metabolism and on the level of microbiome health. Just something to think about as physical appearance is just the cherry on the icing where the cake is the rest of the body's biochemistry. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 and sugar alcohols? I think they are safe, Dr berg promote them as an alternative to sugar. I didn't look into it but I trust his judgment. 

P. S : He warned against other types of sweeteners. 

Edited by Eren Eeager

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 hour ago, Username said:

What is your opinion on stevia extract?

I don't know too much about it at the moment but it seems to be more gentle but then we hardly know 1% of what all these things do. If it is pure herbal extract it will definitely better than something that was manufactured in a lab such as aspartame possibly made from petroleum.

But then using stevia does not solve the bigger question which is "why do we feel the need to constantly sweeten stuff"?

@Eren Eeagerin what form? 

He prefers sorbitol as I remember 

Screenshot_20201203_154253_com.brave.browser.jpg

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Michael569  Thank you. I think this is a psychological thing. I like to eat some sweet cake from time to time, just to have different flavors.

@Eren Eeager  I like his videos but you should take into account that he is targeting obese people. This is why he claims the lower glycemic index the better. However there might be also other factors. Same for coconut flour - it's low in catbs but I still feel bad if I eat too much of it. I would avoid empty but bulky foods.