fridjonk

Any Cacao drinkers here? ?

41 posts in this topic

Absolutely love my cacao. Always have it after a workout and a cold shower. I find it to be really good for conscious body relaxing, it makes me able to feel into the muscles more and relax them to a heightened extent. Also, the effect of the theobromine is awesome, feels like caffeine but clean relaxed energy instead of that classical caffeine buzz, feels great for reading and contemplating. 

I don't have access to the real brick cacao cubes straight from the jungle. But I did find a great local brand that imports good clean powder. 

Edited by fridjonk

I make my own oatmeal with it. Cacao powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, and cinnamon in it right now. All organic and it's super tasty. 

Just now, Average Investor said:

I make my own oatmeal with it. Cacao powder, maple syrup, peanut butter, and cinnamon in it right now. All organic and it's super tasty. 

Damn, that sounds like supermans breakfast.

Sounds delicious, will give that a try. 

Yup , made me loose weight and significantly improved my mood . I like to put some in my rooibos ^_^

love it, turns regular oatmeal into chocolate favoured heaven 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Yes, cacao is the drink of gods B| really really nice substance, one of my personal favorites if not top1.

I usually warm it just with water, sometimes almond milk, maybe 3-6 teaspoons of raw cacao powder. Sometimes I spice it with cayennepeper, ginger, cardamom or clove. 

I also get calm energy boost from it (theobromine). From coffee I get very necrotic energy boost, it makes me kind of anxious and not really nice person to be around, especially in excess.  

It´s great for muscle building as well (contains epicatechin - which decreases myostatin - allows more muscle growth) And its packed with dopamine increasing nutrients! 

@dflores321 it can be addictive, like anything, but nothing like caffeine addiction. I get easily addicted to caffeine, but drinking cacao I can stop anytime cold turkey no problem. Get organic high quality and give it a try ;) 

@fridjonk Cacao ceremonies (raw cacao mixed with spices and what else in a bitter drink) are super chill. I just love the vibe and the heart opening effect and surroundings that enable it to unfold itself through alignment with love.

It's also a cool place to talk with people about fluffy things like love & wisdom of the moment.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Yoshy Awesome! 

47 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

Is it really that great? I've considered it but I dont want to get stuck in an addiction like caffeine.

It's absolutely great. It's not as addictive as coffee due to it having very low amounts of caffeine, the brand I buy has 0.3g per 100g of powder. 

18 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

love it, turns regular oatmeal into chocolate favoured heaven 

Am I the only one here that drinks it hot with little milk and Himalayan salt? ^_^

If I start eating it as well, it may unfortunately be too much. I treat it more like coffee or tea. 

16 minutes ago, Flexible said:

I usually warm it just with water, sometimes almond milk, maybe 3-6 teaspoons of raw cacao powder. Sometimes I spice it with cayennepeper, ginger, cardamom or clove. 

Cool, cant wait to try adding those things to it. Didn't know about the muscle-building aspects of it, that's great to hear since I'm working out a lot currently, I did know it's loaded with protein tho.

@Loving Radiance Yeah my friend goes to them from time to time. I bet it really enhances the effects used in a proper ceremony. 

25 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I bet it really enhances the effects used in a proper ceremony. 

Lol, the last one for me here in Germany was on 10 days ago. Just before the ceremonial drinking I chatted with a girl and I felt sliding into the flowing of this moment where there was no resistance whats-o-ever. Feels good to see love, wisdom & beauty even before the cacao was given to us.

Himalayan salt

Gotta try this out ?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

3 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Lol, the last one for me here in Germany was on 10 days ago. Just before the ceremonial drinking I chatted with a girl and I felt sliding into the flowing of this moment where there was no resistance whats-o-ever. Feels good to see love, wisdom & beauty even before the cacao was given to us.

Reminds me of an MDMA trip I had this summer. Chatting with friends with 0 filter is one of the most healing things I've done. Can imagine it being similar in these ceremonies. 

Ow yes! Time to share my favourite raw hot chocolate recipe ^_^

• 4 TBSP of raw cashews
  • 4 dates
  • 2 Tbsp of raw cacao powder
  • A pinch of vanilla bean powder
  • A pinch of salt
  • 2 cups of water

Blend in a high speed blender until completely smooth. Heat up when needed.

(Recipe by Kate Flowers)

P.s.: You profile picture makes me so happy @fridjonk :x

@flume Thanks for sharing that recipe! 

25 minutes ago, flume said:

P.s.: You profile picture makes me so happy @fridjonk :x

hehe glad you like it. It's my old sheep, her name was Móra, she was gentle as a dog. 

@Average Investor

5 hours ago, Average Investor said:

Sounds really good. I also eat oatmeal, and added the following ;some walnuts/deacons, grass fed butter from Kerry Gold, honey, Chia seeds, and either one of the following; Cravendale milk, which is better than skiimed milk, almond or hazelnut milk, or almond/coconut milk, with some coconut milk if available. with this breakfast, I've got no more excuses for fatigue or mental exhaustion. I'll try adding some raisins later.

With the oatmeal, if available I'll get the organic, but for convenience I got the one with the old person on the cover, has both plain and golden syrup flavors which I like. For the golden syrup one I might try a bit of your recipe with the maple syrup and cinnamon.

@fridjonk

5 hours ago, fridjonk said:

Absolutely love my cacao. Always have it after a workout and a cold shower. I find it to be really good for conscious body relaxing, it makes me able to feel into the muscles more and relax them to a heightened extent. Also, the effect of the theobromine is awesome, feels like caffeine but clean relaxed energy instead of that classical caffeine buzz, feels great for reading and contemplating. 

I don't have access to the real brick cacao cubes straight from the jungle. But I did find a great local brand that imports good clean powder. 

That sounds great. I've tried the cacao powder by itself, and it's enough to wake me up for a few hours. For some reason, and it's the same with dark chocolate, I get some constipation in my gut area. Is this a normal reaction to chocolate for anybody here, or is it just my body?

Also, local brand name would be nice to know, I might get it however I can. Do you drink you cacao drink with just the powder, or is it mixed like a chocolate milk? 

@Danioover9000 I forgot to mention I do a cup of blue berries, 1 banana, 1 spoon full of hemp seed, and 1 spoon full of flax seed with it. A few extra things to make it much better. The hemp seeds are fantastic in it texture wise. 

I buy organic frozen blueberries to keep costs down a bit, but it is worth not getting them frozen if you can. I am not close to anything decently priced. So I can can more than 3x frozen for the money. 

Edited by Average Investor

11 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Do you drink you cacao drink with just the powder, or is it mixed like a chocolate milk? 

I put 4 teaspoons of powder into hot water, then a bunch of Himalayan sea salt, a bit of milk and that's all. Although I'm gonna be trying what the people above suggested. 9_9

I've not experienced constipation from it, It's probably due to the high amount of fiber in it. Maybe you're getting too much fiber over the day? 

Anyone tried cacao nibs? I add them to my smoothies. Sometimes I eat a cluster of them and it gives me a little energy boost..
425740DE-49C2-45D1-A967-FE4C954206B7.jpeg

but I’ve just purchased some of the powder since reading this post... gonna make a hot cacao tonight thanks for the inspo ;) 

Edited by intotheblack

@intotheblack Never seen these around. Looks like a good additive to food. 

1 hour ago, intotheblack said:

but I’ve just purchased some of the powder since reading this post... gonna make a hot cacao tonight thanks for the inspo ;) 

hope you enjoy it!

Oh yes everyday almost

I generally put some raw cacao powder, hot water, honey and coconut milk in it.

13 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Oh yes everyday almost

I generally put some raw cacao powder, hot water, honey and coconut milk in it.

Honey seems to be the trend with it here.

Will try some honey with mine tomorrow.