Frenk

Can music induce a mystical experience?

24 posts in this topic

There are some types of music (you may call them divine) that give me a high that no amount of meditation has given me. It seems like i may break through something but that never happens..such a majestic feeling tho. Can listening to music really trigger a mystical experience ? 

I had some sort of divine experience (before I knew about spirituality) when I heard the part at 10:12 once. I recommend the whole song though. I felt really tiny, I dont know how to describe, beautiful song. Maybe you can try listening on psychedelics or something. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles i cannot open the video unfortunately, its unavailable in my country. Tell me the name i might find it somewhere else

Just now, Frenk said:

@Rilles i cannot open the video unfortunately, its unavailable in my country. Tell me the name i might find it somewhere else

Storm - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Dont look at me! Look inside!

My own music induced my first satori... the lyrics I made a year before explained all of reality to me . It was insane , the song was called fate 

Not music. But this video can really give you mystical state of mind if you are in the right zone 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

yes. ever listen to loud drums surrounded by people? certain rituals from a time passed would have drumming and a shaman would be induced by it for the tribe. 

Sure, but if your consciousness hinges on external stimulation, that's a gonna be a problem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure, but if your consciousness hinges on external stimulation, that's a gonna be a problem.

I use binaural beats during meditation. Why would that be a problem?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Leo Gura Why are psychedelics not external stimulation then? Arnt you using something external to stimulate your consciousness 

35 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

I use binaural beats during meditation. Why would that be a problem?

What happens when your batteries run out? ;)

11 minutes ago, GroovyGuru said:

@Leo Gura Why are psychedelics not external stimulation then? Arnt you using something external to stimulate your consciousness 

They are. Which is why you cannot rely on them to uphold your consciousness for you.

Psychedelics are a catalyst. They are not an ultimate solution.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Nahm said it perfectly. Music is the mystical experience. 

If we take a step back, yes; music is a powerful, transcendental ticket. Just realize that it isn't external, it's you. 

I once experienced what felt like 70 years worth of human life in a matter of seconds by listening to music. I discussed it further in this thread:

More importantly, how powerful music is depends on how much life is aware of itself. Music is just as external as psychedelics. 

Even meditation has an end for most people, now that I think of it. Impermanence is everywhere. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

I need to share this. One morning I woke up, during the sunrise and as I looked at the sky I said I wanted to know the Truth. 
A few seconds later my dad’s favourite song got played out of nowhere. The first few lines of the song said “Love will find the way”. My dad wasn’t there, no one was. It was in Chittagong, my birthplace near the hospital I was born in. This was one of my DEEPEST AWAKENINGS with no substance. Pure love, bliss.  

Edited by SantaMaria