DocWatts

Contrast Between Senator John McCain and Trump After Losing an Election

5 posts in this topic

Don't particularly agree with the McCain's politics and wouldn't have voted for him, but what a stark contrast between this man and Trump.

One accepts defeat with humility, congratulates his opponent, and uses his concession speech to send a message of unity. The other whines and cries like a toddler while inciting civil unrest and blaming everyone but himself for losing the election.

Also a good reminder that people of Integrity did exist at one time in the Republican Party, and it wasn't always the pro-fascist organization that it devolved in to.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

There’s a lot of foreshadowing when the crowd booed at the mention of Obama. A lot of what we’ve seen recently comes from the 2008 election as well as 2012. A lot of backlash.

But I agree that John McCain was a decent man.

33 minutes ago, Willie said:

There’s a lot of foreshadowing when the crowd booed at the mention of Obama. A lot of what we’ve seen recently comes from the 2008 election as well as 2012. A lot of backlash.

But I agree that John McCain was a decent man.

Very true. Goes to show how pivotal leadership is in either encouraging or disapproving of that sort of behavior. No way an equivalent of the MAGA Cult would have reached the status it did with out a charismatic figurehead capitalizing upon fear and resentment.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts yep! I think Biden isn’t jesus or a savior or anything like that, but it’s a day for celebration in my eyes. 

we need to save ourselves from this conspiracy crap and lies and we at least made a major step in right direction today, hoping to run some peoples party candidates and win them

McCain truly respected Obama more than probably anybody else. There is a reason he wanted him to read his eulogy.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.