lmfao

What in the flying fuck is up with some of these new agers?

119 posts in this topic

Pardon the coarse title but I came across a whole new rabbit hole of ideology and conspiracy thinking when on the interwebs 

I'm talking to this person about their spiritual beliefs. Conversation started with me asking what a "starseed" is, since she thinks she is one and buys into it. 

This girl believes in this system where most humans in their past lives lived as aliens. There are all these difference races, and you can find out what race you were. She thinks we was a reptile in space. She thinks that the "God" of the bible is a hivemind of 144,000 different gods/elohim and that this God is involved in an extraterrostial space war, and that she's neutral to this entity, although in her past life she was abused and controlled by this God.

What she said is in quotes

He kept me under his thumb for years...as a Seraphim. So I've seen him a lot. And had to deal with him a lot. And I got kind of tired of people viewing him as the source of all life.

God is really a hivemind of about 144,000 Elohim. They are aliens from a different universe that turned the tide in the Orion Wars towards light. Absorbed most of the Lyran races into it's own group and has been trying to shape them. 

Why did he keep me close? Because I was incredibly hard to control. My spirit would just not be broken. He never was able to break me and remake me in a sense. I was always one step away.

I CANT . I JUST CANT LIKE WTF IS ORION WARS. THIS IS SOME DR WHO SCIENCE FICTION. 

My fucking brain. It hurts. I can't. Like I have no words. My mouth is left wide open by the ludicrously of their worldview.You know when someone is so crazy and or so far away that you have no words

(I have more quotes and beliefs from her but don't want to post too much out of respect and privacy. But she has an elaborate story about what race she was, the exact happenings of a particular space government, genocides which occurred in space, wars, etc)
----------

https://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Main_Page

https://bibleproject.com/videos/elohim/

WHAT IS THIS NEW RABBIT HOLE. WHY DOES IT EXIST.

---------------
I'm gonna keep talking to this person now and then it's interesting. Maybe I'll uncover something, I have no clue. 

-----------

Back to the main question at hand

What is up with these new agers and whacky space belief systems? What the hell is going on here? Why does or how does anyone end up in this shit? I'm not familiar at all with these new age circles, whacky space shit. My brain is literally just fried by this shit. I discovered a whole new world of wackiness and peculiarity. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Lol. Remember Scientology?  Xenu the galactic overlord.Thetans.Mass alien genocide 75 million years ago etc. An ex member stated

Scientologists believe that if they can recall and “handle” things that happened to them eons ago( in a galaxy far, far away,xD), it will solve whatever problems they have going on in their current lives.“At the end of a session you feel invincible,” Lugli says. “You’ve been having planets built and destroyed. After that, you come out into this normal world and you feel like the most powerful person around because you’ve been traveling through space and time.”

why-do-scientologists-accept-the-xenu-story/

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

The number 144,000 is taken from the Bible. From memory, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that that is the number of people that will be 'saved' and go to heaven.

The New Age belief system is essentially an exercise in conflating fantasy and reality in order to appease the inner child. Combined with social media echo chambers, the result is not ideal.

you're shocked because you're not conscious of what the word 'infinity' points to.

The truth is: You don't really know if anything of that is true or not.

I read some of the stuff a while ago, some of it is really fascinating. But I concluded, that it doesn't really benefit me in what I'm planning to do in this life.

You cannot discard it completely just because it sounds too wild. What's really mattering more in my opinion is, how would it affect you if it was true? How does it feel? Does it do any good for you?

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

Teal Swan is basically playing that StarSeed alien game.

Like I keep telling you guys, reality is totally relative and imaginary. Whatever you imagine yourself to be hard enough, you will become.

If you really believe you are an alien, you will literally be an alien.

You are still stuck on this idea of an objective reality. No such thing exists.

Just like some Trumpists imagine that pedophiles control the world, some people imagine that they are aliens. And the key thing you're missing is: THAT IS TRUE FOR THEM! ...in the same way that being human is true for you now.

You are not really human, but you sure imagine you are.

God is not a hive-mind of X number of beings. God is you imagining whatever you are imagining. And there is nothing outside your imagination. If you imagine that you are a human who was born on a planet called Earth, that's literally what you'll get. If you imagine something else, you'll get something else.

With enlightenment you realize that you are infinite imagination. And that's the end of the game.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is not a hive-mind of X number of beings. God is you imagining whatever you are imagining. And there is nothing outside your imagination. If you imagine that you are a human who was born on a planet called Earth, that's literally what you'll get. If you imagine something else, you'll get something else.

And the trick is to find out how to go from "I'm a human" to "I'm God". That's where the fun begins.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@Leo Gura Then why did you make "The sneaky psychology behind conspiracy theories" video? Since.. according to what you are saying now.. every single conspiracy theory is true?

It's true until you realize you're imagining it and then you stop.

The point of the conspiracy theory video is get you to realize that your mind is constructing reality.

The thing about every fantasy is that it ends.

1 hour ago, No Self said:

The New Age belief system is essentially an exercise in conflating fantasy and reality

You don't know that for sure. Until you tried all the possible ways to discard a theory or a position, you can't know for sure that's bs. It may seem too outlandish to you, but that's just a common unconscious defense people adopt to dismiss something too far-fetched for their level of knowledge and experience.

It may be true or maybe not. 

This leads to this issue:

10 minutes ago, vibv said:

how would it affect you if it was true? How does it feel? Does it do any good for you?

Maybe all that stuff you perceive as bs can become a self-actualizing tool because in your seeking of whether that stuff is true or not you open your mind. Then, if that reveals itself to be true, maybe it can open new doors to self-transcendence, to truth. You may discover new practices to elevate your consciousness. Maybe you casually find an extra-dimensional being that gives you a RASA for free :D

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God is not a hive-mind of X number of beings.

Well it kind of is... because you have clearly divided yourself into parts, and you're not conscious of every part. Those parts might not be 'beings' or 'people' or 'entities' but it sure aint true to say that the divisions aint happening either, and if they aren't then make me say inappropriate comments right now. 

Edited by electroBeam

It's funny that long before this "starseeds" phenomenon became popular, I've been obsessing over a dream. There are some weird fucked up coincidences in my life... like I think about something and then everyone starts talking about it ? And nope, I don't consider myself an alien, though I feel pretty alienated from everything people deem to be normal lol.

Edited by Member

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's true until you realize you're imagining it and then you stop.

The point of the conspiracy theory video is get you to realize that your mind is constructing reality.

The thing about every fantasy is that it ends.

@Leo Gura Leo that makes sense and all but now matter how I try to get a hold of the fact that Its imagination It still feels like a material world. I focus so hard on it but it still feels like a concrete reality with objects. Except for when I took 4 grams of mushrooms then it was obviously a mental landscape of consciousness painting itself with imagination. It was plain obvious then. Then I came back and now I'm stuck in this physical world. How do I get free of the material mindset? 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

14 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Well it kind of is... because you have clearly divided yourself into parts, and you're not conscious of every part. Those parts might not be 'beings' or 'people' or 'entities' but it sure aint true to say that the divisions aint happening either, and if they aren't then make me say inappropriate comments right now. 

That's only the case because you imagine that.

If you raised your state of consciousness you would become so ONE that no others would exist, and nothing outside your consciousness would exist, because your consciousness would be infinite.

You have cleverly divided yourself. Now the question is, can you cleverly unite yourself? ;)

7 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Well, what you are saying is in a way more crazy than the StarSeed alien thing. So I'm not going to believe it for now.

Yes, enlightenment is the craziest thing possible. Truth is unimaginably crazy good.

Belief is irrelevant. Truth requires no belief.

6 minutes ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Leo Gura Leo that makes sense and all but now matter how I try to get a hold of the fact that Its imagination It still feels like a material world. I focus so hard on it but it still feels like a concrete reality with objects. Except for when I took 4 grams of mushrooms then it was obviously a mental landscape of consciousness painting itself with imagination. It was plain obvious then. Then I came back and now I'm stuck in this physical world. How do I get free of the material mindset? 

Yes, well, that's part of what it means to be human. You're stuck in the human state of consciousness.

Breaking that state is very challenging. In practice it will not happen without superhuman effort. You need to sit and concentrate for 100s of hours, uninterrupted.

Or take more psychedelics.

21 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

You don't know that for sure. Until you tried all the possible ways to discard a theory or a position, you can't know for sure that's bs.

You are correct. I don't claim that my mind is an authority of any sort.

When I comment, it is based on having associated intimately with certain New Agers, including knowing about the childhood traumas that caused them to resort to fantasy as a coping mechanism. They also utilise other ego defense mechanisms like blaming other people for their problems, so there is clearly a pattern at play.

I am hesitant to use the Skeptical argument that all reality is subjective in this context. Some, such as David Icke, are known to be anti-Semitic. I may be 'closed-minded' to the idea that Jews are inferior, or that the Holocaust did not happen, but I do so entirely consciously. 

Another critique of the New Age way is that for all its grandiosity, it can actually be quite limiting. For example, the star and galaxy systems that they refer to happen to be local. The universe is enormously vaster than our local group. How convenient that the association with heavenly bodies that makes New Agers so exclusive happens to be LIMITED to this tiny pocket of the universe, and involve simplified astronomical concepts easily digested by the human mind. 

Real spirituality is about transcending the mind altogether; fanciful stories are a distraction. And please, no more genocide.

Edited by No Self

Starseeds are real. I have energetic direct experience of it and THAT living in my body. also I have had intense intuitions before knowing and from the very beginning of my awakening (which was involuntary). So, maybe your brain is hurting because its not open enough. 

Souls live in different chakras of the body. Also people live in different octaves of consciousness. Humans aren't all the same. A starseed is basically an energetic imprint of the alien soul living in a human body. like you playing vr and you become the character, except this time you actually go in the body and experience it for yourself. You can do this with psychic abilities. idk how all the starseed process works and im not interested in it, but it is real and possible and there are many many starseed souls here and I am grateful to have met the few that I have. 

Edited by DreamScape

Genesis 27:27-29

1 minute ago, DreamScape said:

Starseeds are real

As real as humans.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have cleverly divided yourself.

But that 'You' is a part. Its not the whole otherwise this discussion wouldn't be happening.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

can you cleverly unite yourself? ;)

well part can't only whole can, so its not 'can you cleverly unite yourself?' its 'can we cleverly unite ourselves?' ;)

If you don't include me, and if I don't include you, we can't unite. It cannot be 'me' doing all the work, because I'm just a part. Somehow I need to expand into you and be you aswell.