Reciprocality

UFC and MMA

28 posts in this topic

Is it not the most beautiful of sports? Do we in the actualized community have anybody active or previously active in it that want to share some insights on the emotional aspect of it? The satificational aspects of such pre historic actions as to go ALL-INN for the kill?

I dream of finding myself a decent mma team/gym to practise with one day, and are really qurious on anyones thoughts on the sport.

I've seen it posted in the "red" SD thread, but would contest with that idea.. In its purest form it is waaay more primal, though the incentives and underlying motive for most fighters are red aswell as orange, but the act as it stands by itself and void of all presumable reason is pure art, the most primal of art. Likely rather beige.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

21 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

Is it not the most beautiful of sports?

Everything is beautiful if seen through the right eyes. 

If you look at the spiritual development of the fighters themselves, you will notice that they are mostly red, tribe oriented and they use the sport to channel animalistic anger and frustration. The more advanced ones could lean towards orange where do they play the sport from a competitive vantage point. 

24 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

Do we in the actualized community have anybody active or previously active in it that want to share some insights on the emotional aspect of it?

My friend's cousin was competing on an amateur level.  One day he got into a fight in a night club where someone cut off his ear completely. If you go into the sport, you will deal with people who behave more like animals rather than humans. So be careful. :) 

Haha one better look out for those types i presume. I think you have a deluded idea of this sport though, it is not that they are more animal than they are human, they engage in one act, as described in the thread which stimulates their innate animal. Some do indeed embody anger and frustration in their general persona, while the majorty from what i have seen seems absurdly normal, while other again have deep respect for their oponents AS fellow humans. (edit: this in congruence with any developmental stage, as well as conscious, though the destribution will be skewed toward the shorter end of sticks)

I think it is a good advice you are giving however, for one to be careful threading in to the sport unexperienced.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

58 minutes ago, Just Do Nothing said:

I don't know :x

Knowing would not hurt, but beliefs will make due for second place :P

@Reciprocality

4 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

Is it not the most beautiful of sports? Do we in the actualized community have anybody active or previously active in it that want to share some insights on the emotional aspect of it? The satificational aspects of such pre historic actions as to go ALL-INN for the kill?

I dream of finding myself a decent mma team/gym to practise with one day, and are really qurious on anyones thoughts on the sport.

I've seen it posted in the "red" SD thread, but would contest with that idea.. In its purest form it is waaay more primal, though the incentives and underlying motive for most fighters are red aswell as orange, but the act as it stands by itself and void of all presumable reason is pure art, the most primal of art. Likely rather beige.

While I do like the spirit of the combat sport such as MMA and martial arts, don't let yourself get tunnel vision and think it's the most beautiful of all possible combat arts because which one martial arts in MMA is most beautiful?. To me, there are other martial arts that're so beautiful you can't box these martial arts into MMA because you'll end up with a long line of injured or dead fighters. Jeet kune Do, Pencak Silat, traditional Muey Tai Boxing, grappling arts like wrestling, Japanese Jiu Jitsu and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are some I like, but there are much more out there. Also, don't discount modern combat systems from the militaries and other self defense, for example Russian Systema.

Also, if you are serious in being a fighter professionally, then you're gonna need to train really good defenses. Despite the dangers of boxing and brain damage, and other bodily damage accumulated in boxing, compared to MMA or other combat sports that use kicks, elbows and knees, getting kicked, kneed and elbowed to the head or other body parts is more forceful than padded gloves, and getting such serious injuries will effect your overall quality of happiness and life. Personally, keep it a hobby until you outgrow valuing the violence, dominating other fighters and showing off to the crowd. Much deeper values in martial arts, or in the gym, are things like developing discipline, masculinity, responsibility and so on.

Lots of good advices, "tunnel vision" is a word dependant on 'negative relatives/relations', for example that one as you assume judge mma more 'beautiful' due to it NOT being any one of those others. I judge it most beautiful because 1. all these other modes of fighting get intelectualized as superior to eachother within it and 2. that one goes as already said 'for the kill' which is the equlibrium to many of the techniques which are mere means.

The sport is half human half animal, it has the name of "mixed martial arts" but would better be called "the peak of all martial arts combined/the peak of human survival", would sound rather weird but i am after truth not utility, if that can even be done.

Many of those other sports are in themselves, i find, rather boring, because of the constructed baundraries which makes due to perfection of techinques but very little beige survival. However, BJJ is in its techinques alone quite spectacular, and in its own non-letality beautiful in another way.

Now i may be struck by tunnel vision, but seems to be a say begging a thousand questions. I am not planning on making this a career, a hobby would suffice.

it's a sport these days for knuckle heads. fun to watch but it is low conscious and akin to fast food. I don't group martial arts in with MMA/UFC. Martial arts that strive to maintain the soul of the dojo and come from a healthy blue place are fine. It's kinda like trash tv now though. 

Edited by Lyubov

To try to kill another by means of arms, feet and hands are indeed low consciousness, in its doing.

Now if you avoided lower conscious activities alotogether you would die in an instant. What one presumably would like to do is finding those insights in any conscious rank so to further live a LIFE. 

"no mma because lower consciousness" is fallacious to the degree begging of question is fallacious, what i will ask you is what about the act of trying to kill another is so "bad" that it undermines the positives which can be shown to come out of it? Or is it "bad" only for those which positives do not follow thereafter, in which case your overall sentiment presumably would be changed.

I've done about a year of BJJ, it's great. Even after a year of it you encounter many situations in sparring where you don't know what to do; there's a ton to learn and deep levels of nuance. And the physical discomfort you will experience will make everything else pale in comparison.

There is also a lot of novelty in the fact that small opponents with high level knowledge can beat much larger, unskilled opponents. (Although it is true that being strong/athletic AND knowledgeable is the ultimate combination. Contrary to BJJ marketing, strength/size do matter).

But it does have its downsides as well. Egos both from your end and the opponent's end can run high and increase the risk of injury. It requires a lot of self-awareness on this end so you don't end up with a messed up knee and limping around for 2 weeks, or surgery. The worst is when you're just starting to have success, your ego's high, but you still don't know a few positions and you end up deep in a submission that you didn't know existed.

So if you're getting into it, you want to be in a learning mentality, respectful and humble. And being human, you will probably screw that up at some point(s).

Regarding the spiritual development of the people who practice, you get a wide bell curve. Most people are normal, some are abnormally underdeveloped and some are abnormally highly developed.

2 hours ago, smurf88 said:

I've done about a year of BJJ, it's great. Even after a year of it you encounter many situations in sparring where you don't know what to do; there's a ton to learn and deep levels of nuance. And the physical discomfort you will experience will make everything else pale in comparison.

There is also a lot of novelty in the fact that small opponents with high level knowledge can beat much larger, unskilled opponents. (Although it is true that being strong/athletic AND knowledgeable is the ultimate combination. Contrary to BJJ marketing, strength/size do matter).

But it does have its downsides as well. Egos both from your end and the opponent's end can run high and increase the risk of injury. It requires a lot of self-awareness on this end so you don't end up with a messed up knee and limping around for 2 weeks, or surgery. The worst is when you're just starting to have success, your ego's high, but you still don't know a few positions and you end up deep in a submission that you didn't know existed.

So if you're getting into it, you want to be in a learning mentality, respectful and humble. And being human, you will probably screw that up at some point(s).

Regarding the spiritual development of the people who practice, you get a wide bell curve. Most people are normal, some are abnormally underdeveloped and some are abnormally highly developed.

Beautiful, and thank you alot for the response.

Of all alternatives to MMA BJJ have been my favorite, and within MMA the grapplers have been those i enjoy most fighting. The extreme violence is a seperate fascination for me, but elsewise to by means of some very specific techinques take out someone without hurting them is truly something in its own right.

If you have done it for a year i presume you would be able to take out 95/98% of the western male population, have that given you a confidence boost? And accidentaly to the previous question, does it feel good to know you truly can defend yourself?

Ego i believe, would be no issue for me, the adrenaline boost though that is another monster.

I would only be interested in a well cutomed gym if it came to it, and do think the bell curve is as it is everywhere valid in also this area.

You speak of physical discomfort, would you mind being a little bit specific?

On 11/6/2020 at 5:34 AM, Reciprocality said:

I believe you and I share an appreciation for beauty and excellence, my friend.

4 minutes ago, Sahil Pandit said:

I believe you and I share an appreciation for beauty and excellence, my friend.

fantastic!

The fear of the conditioned fighter is that if they use their Martial Arts outside both octagon and the ring is that they will lose their licence for discharging their weapons. I don't know about other countries but here in the United Kingdom when you turn professional you enter into a licence agreement to not engage with your Martial Arts on the street and anywhere outside the sporting venues. It must stay in the ring or octagon. Unless you're Conor McGregor of course but Khabib Nurmagomedov beat him in the Octagon. But, hey, Ireland is not part of the UK.

Edited by Just Do Nothing
Typing error.

9 minutes ago, Just Do Nothing said:

The fear of the conditioned fighter is that if they use their Martial Arts outside both octagon and the ring is that they will lose their licence for discharging their weapons. I don't know about other countries but here in the United Kingdom when you turn professional you enter into a licence agreement to not engage with your Martial Arts on the street and anywhere outside the sporting venues. It must stay in the ring or octagon. Unless you're Conor McGregor of course but Khabib Nurmagomedov beat him in the Octagon. But, hey, Ireland is not part of the UK.

Is it documents regarding legality directly, or between the mma leagues and its fighters? For the former seems rather retarded.

7 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

Is it documents regarding legality directly, or between the mma leagues and its fighters? For the former seems rather retarded.

Why you asking me I don't know?

On 06/11/2020 at 6:34 AM, Reciprocality said:

Fighting is beautiful in the sense that is an art form that can be perfected to flow state. It can help you lose your mind and come to your senses. It teaches self discipline, mastery, flow state, etc etc.

However, professional fighting mainly feeds the ego and you're hurting another human being, so I recommend fighting as a spiritual practice. Practice MMA or whatever you want to practice and let it bring you closer to Truth. Find a sparring partner who shares this interest and willing improve and to help you improve.

You have a lot of passion for this, so I say go for it!!! Avoid real animalistic fights unless absolutely necessary (absolutely necessary scenarios include stopping a rape, self defence, protecting defenseless). Just make sure to bring love into your practice and keep your motivations centered on Truth as much as you can.

@Reciprocality

14 hours ago, Reciprocality said:

Lots of good advices, "tunnel vision" is a word dependant on 'negative relatives/relations', for example that one as you assume judge mma more 'beautiful' due to it NOT being any one of those others. I judge it most beautiful because 1. all these other modes of fighting get intelectualized as superior to eachother within it and 2. that one goes as already said 'for the kill' which is the equlibrium to many of the techniques which are mere means.

The sport is half human half animal, it has the name of "mixed martial arts" but would better be called "the peak of all martial arts combined/the peak of human survival", would sound rather weird but i am after truth not utility, if that can even be done.

Many of those other sports are in themselves, i find, rather boring, because of the constructed baundraries which makes due to perfection of techinques but very little beige survival. However, BJJ is in its techinques alone quite spectacular, and in its own non-letality beautiful in another way.

Now i may be struck by tunnel vision, but seems to be a say begging a thousand questions. I am not planning on making this a career, a hobby would suffice.

How anything views MMA/UFC is relative. A fly might be present during a match, and because of it's fly consciousness being stage beige, it may interpret the match differently than a human would. A Native American might find it strange that a winning fighter didn't kill the losing one and collect his/her scalp, A criminal, rapist, sexist or murderer would align with the violence, never minding the technical qualities of the fighter's martial arts, which makes up some of the viewers. Patriots/nationalists with military backgrounds or religious/knowledge workers with suppressed stage red thinking, morality, make up the larger part of the viewers. I don't see any viewers that are stage orange, green, yellow and turquoise that interested in MMA/UFC. Even other stage blue martial artists and modern combat sports like catch wrestling and boxing look down on the hoggishness and thuggery of MMA/UFC, equating MMA octagon to underground cage fights.

While MMA itself is mostly stage orange in integrating parts of other stage blue martial arts, just like martial arts, MMA might not have all the resources for your personal growth, not even spirituality. You can also list other martial arts that have a complete system, or so grappling, that won't have the full personal growth, BJJ included. These comments are not focused on the content of Martial Arts, but the structure.

If BJJ is both spectacular in it's technical execution, and having non-lethal methods to me does mean it has some potential for stage green approaches to handling combat, and that Martial Arts could stamp out the more impulsive violent ego then this shouldn't have happened at all https://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/9/3858336/video-lloyd-irvin-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-students-rape-matthew-maldonado-nicholas-schultz-arrested

Another example of staying vigilant with regards to your ego.

The 'tunnel vision' is referring to your attachment to MMA. A well trained Russian Systema practitioner, Pencak Silat and Jeet Kune Do practitioner can kill an octagon fighter. If you are attached to MMA/UFC, this is a bitter pill to swallow. No matter how much mastery of MMA you have, an average joe with a knife, a gun, a sniper rifle, and a bomb, along with multiple attackers, will still kill the fighter. This is meant to sober you, and to remind you that there are probably other things left to explore besides beating up a human to a pulp. Your attachment to the UFC is another issue.

On 7.11.2020 at 8:49 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@Reciprocality

How anything views MMA/UFC is relative. A fly might be present during a match, and because of it's fly consciousness being stage beige, it may interpret the match differently than a human would. A Native American might find it strange that a winning fighter didn't kill the losing one and collect his/her scalp, A criminal, rapist, sexist or murderer would align with the violence, never minding the technical qualities of the fighter's martial arts, which makes up some of the viewers. Patriots/nationalists with military backgrounds or religious/knowledge workers with suppressed stage red thinking, morality, make up the larger part of the viewers. I don't see any viewers that are stage orange, green, yellow and turquoise that interested in MMA/UFC. Even other stage blue martial artists and modern combat sports like catch wrestling and boxing look down on the hoggishness and thuggery of MMA/UFC, equating MMA octagon to underground cage fights.

While MMA itself is mostly stage orange in integrating parts of other stage blue martial arts, just like martial arts, MMA might not have all the resources for your personal growth, not even spirituality. You can also list other martial arts that have a complete system, or so grappling, that won't have the full personal growth, BJJ included. These comments are not focused on the content of Martial Arts, but the structure.

If BJJ is both spectacular in it's technical execution, and having non-lethal methods to me does mean it has some potential for stage green approaches to handling combat, and that Martial Arts could stamp out the more impulsive violent ego then this shouldn't have happened at all https://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/9/3858336/video-lloyd-irvin-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-students-rape-matthew-maldonado-nicholas-schultz-arrested

Another example of staying vigilant with regards to your ego.

The 'tunnel vision' is referring to your attachment to MMA. A well trained Russian Systema practitioner, Pencak Silat and Jeet Kune Do practitioner can kill an octagon fighter. If you are attached to MMA/UFC, this is a bitter pill to swallow. No matter how much mastery of MMA you have, an average joe with a knife, a gun, a sniper rifle, and a bomb, along with multiple attackers, will still kill the fighter. This is meant to sober you, and to remind you that there are probably other things left to explore besides beating up a human to a pulp. Your attachment to the UFC is another issue.

I see you have missed the mark but i think you may get back to track after this.

Indeed i could be attached, attachement is a reflection of identity, if i need MMA to be me then i am attached. If i need anything at all, indeed, i will be attached. To know actions to be a choise so when it comes to it one can easily let it go is detachement.

When i eat in the moring i do so out of attachement, when i crave for sex i do so out of attachement, now it may also be a physical craving beneath and prior to identity, but so is violence. As explained already, not the red and orange incentives, but the beige. Now, that is evolutionary the case.

Unless one argue for turquoise enlightenement (which you probably do not), attachement is not itself that which needs avoidance, but indeed the content with regard to the specific action and modalities.

The totality of MMA culture is not the least bit what we will find value in discussing, most your point with regard to it are rather self evident. 

In our civilized society we neccesarily undermine our anger, beneath it we undermine our physical proclivity to test when something becomes to violent, that is great with regards to the ultimate goal of public demanor and a functioning public square, obviously. But in a discussion regarding truth i care to lesser extent of utility. 

I am yet to see a Russian Systema practitioner at 155 lbs kill Khabib, non less winning in a fight with him, but guess what? I would not believe it, although being radicaly openiminded to it happening. Now have you seen it happen, or were you a little bit attached? :P You see? Missing the mark, now try again. : )

I can add that "MMA" has within it all martial arts, i refer not to the sport, but the meaning of the words (edit: if i were unclear about that, that is on me). I wonder whether you in retrospect are able to see how conclusive you are, on so very thin layers of premises?@Danioover9000

Edited by Reciprocality

15 hours ago, Just Do Nothing said:

Why you asking me I don't know?

There is this thing called "theory of other", just because you know that you did not know does not mean that others know that you did not know.