blankisomeone

How could a suicidal mass murderer feel such strong love but not have wounds healed?

30 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Maybe killing others gives you the same experience as if you killed your false self.

Yes, others appear to be the cause of pain, therefore a murderous rampage is a pain-killer.

4 minutes ago, No Self said:

Yes, others appear to be the cause of pain, therefore a murderous rampage is a pain-killer.

I am speaking literally, not linguistics. 

Murderers literally kill false selves.

The real question is what type of mystical experience results from it.

I bet even if there were no consequences and you were offered a million dollars for killing me, and I told you it was okay, you still wouldn't be able to kill me - since you would literally have to experience No Self.

Maybe he was a zen devil in the making?

Thoughts about God don't have much value when not backed up by actions. Genuine understanding is consistent.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

24 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Genuine understanding is consistent.

Consistent over what? Time? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

There's a fine line between love and hatred. I'd say some people that actually commit to violent acts of that magnitude have the potential to go the other direction and become a beam of light to your surrounding. A fine line. You either get fed up with the years of pain and abuse by others and decide to kill and lash out or let yourself be obliterated (in the good sense). Of course many people are just full blood psychopaths.

Maybe if we change a few minor details in Matt Kahn's history he would've been on a killing spree shooting up a workplace.

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Consistent over what? Time? 

With itself. Actions match words.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

13 hours ago, mandyjw said:

I suspect and have experienced that antisocial behavior (although usually it's withdrawing from social life completely rather than lashing out) can be a result of understanding the true power of love and a complete unwillingness to settle for less in relationships. The disparity between what one knows themselves to be deep down but cannot embody or see reflected in the world becomes too painful to bear. The disparity is all that is noticed and in the focus on it, the love is lost. There is no disparity, no self and other but most teenagers are too immature to even begin to go there on their own. If the proper guidance isn't there, that kind of passion with no outlet or understanding can ignite into something destructive. 

mmm...difficult to agree on this. 
it is true that a deep understanding of love can manifest through the action of a person in various ways, but here the discrepancy between walk and talk is  just too big in my opinion.
Very hard to believe that he had some kind of relization, otherwise such hateful attitude would have subsided.

Edited by _Archangel_

The dilemma here is that when we judge someone's level of development or connection with love, we are holding on to the belief that people actually can posses and embody love, and that there are actually separate people. So if we judge someone by their actions and wonder if they aren't aligned after having understanding or glimpses, we've shown ourselves our own cards so to speak, and we see that we are holding onto the hope of realization or embodiment of love to make us good, safe and ok. In order to maintain this charade of a self, we actually judge others, and in that moment, the love itself is covered over.

It's a slippery beast. Not the love. The thing that tries to grab it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The dilemma here is that when we judge someone's level of development or connection with love, we are holding on to the belief that people actually can posses and embody love, and that there are actually separate people. So if we judge someone by their actions and wonder if they aren't aligned after having understanding or glimpses, we've shown ourselves our own cards so to speak, and we see that we are holding onto the hope of realization or embodiment of love to make us good, safe and ok. In order to maintain this charade of a self, we actually judge others, and in that moment, the love itself is covered over.

It's a slippery beast. Not the love. The thing that tries to grab it. 

Charade of a self? Slippery beast? Look who's not okay with herself today.

Edited by tsuki

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

Charade of a self? Slippery beast? Look who's not okay with herself today.

giphy.gif