flume

Immunity Supporting Shots

6 posts in this topic

Thought I’d share this recipe I always make when the colder weather comes around. It’s 2 different kinds of shots you can make without a juicer. I saw that those kinds of shots are very expensive to buy so I tried making my own… And I’m pretty happy with the result^_^

P1040852.jpg

Citrus - tumeric shot

• 1cm of ginger 
  • 1 cm of turmeric
  • 2 oranges
  • 1 lemon
  • Some cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of raw honey (optional)
  • Few drops of olive oil (for turmeric absorption)
  • 1 cup of water

P1040866.jpgP1040861.jpg

Ginger - lemon tea shot
try instead of ginger pills before tripping ;)

• 4 lemons
  • 3 cm of ginger
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tsp of raw honey (optional)

P1040854.jpgP1040878.jpg

Combine ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You’ll get this really intense thick paste. At this point you can strain the mixture through a kitchen towel (and make a huge mess), or you just use the paste as a base for drinks.

P1040868.jpgP1040886.jpg

I always make a big batch and freeze the paste in ice cube trays. Each morning I grab a cube out of the freezer and put it in a bis glass of either hot or sparkling water, wait a few minutes and enjoy-_-

P1040887.jpg

P1040872.jpg

Stay healthy everyone!

Love the idea of making ice blocks out of it! awesome idea

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Lovely post and photos! I've tried to prepare some shots as well, but I limited myself to use just the lemon/orange juice, leaving some goodies behind. I'll try it this way next time, also making ice cubes.

In the turmeric shot I would add some black pepper to increase the absorption and efficacy of curcumin.

This is a very great idea, I will try it out. Thanks for the inspiration

Hmm, interesting. I personally also use haritaki, hemp seeds,  wheatgrass juice powder, deactivated yeast and linseed oil. Though those are natural supplements, good nutrition enables immune system. Meditation, fasting and strong desire to be active does enable immune system, but I don't know how effective is it. But for more than 2 years I haven't been sick in quite a while, haven't had a situation where I feel i had increased body temperature and when I did check, it was not increased. Even with my sweet tooth habit... Ohh, and I am also vegetarian and I rarely go to sleep with food in my stomach. I do have health problems, however, but haven't had a flu...me. xD