Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fewrocker

How to deal with psychedelics tipping point

2 posts in this topic

On many experiences with weed and latest experiences with low doses of LSD, there always comes a point in which I am faced with a decision.

The tipping point is the final discussion in your mind about letting go and dissolving or holding tight to current reality. I already know the answer is to let go and surrender. However, I face a lot of difficulty on that moment with thoughts of "you're not coming back", "you can become insane", "you can have schizophrenia", etc which always holds me back.

Any tips on how to prepare for that moment so that I can be more comfortable with letting go and having a good and insightful experience?

ps.: I know that taking a higher dosage might make me blow past this moment, but currently I'm adopting the "slow dosage increase" approach bc I've had a traumatic experience 3 years ago of a panic attack on weed

Adyashanti taught something very useful for your problem: If you feel fear of any kind, notice that you're safe within Awareness.

When I had my first ego-death, there was absolutely zero fear, because I identified as Awareness and I never lost that Awareness. It was only after coming down, that my ego realized "holy shit, I was gone completely!". That's when a bit of panic came up, as well as the thoughts of "is this going to wear off?". If you don't do it already, meditation is very helpful in identifiyng as Awareness. Just make sure, that you do not mistake the concept of awareness, with actual Awareness.