Preetom

A very quick and direct pointer to your Being

14 posts in this topic

Sit casually and relax totally.

Then for a moment imagine all your phenomenal experience has vanished in one swoop. All of it at once.

You can visualize some things to make it happen more easily. Like imagining a fast truck which ran over you so fast that all phenomenal experience is gone in a flash. It was so fast and total that you didn't even feel any pain. Or a master samurai cutting you in half from behind so fast that its lights out. 

ITS LIGHTS OUT. TOTALLY.

Right at that moment, you should 'feel' what you really are. The primordial I AM. Everything is gone. But you still are. Independent of any coming or going. That's what you are. That's what you've always been and that's what you'll always ever be. You'll also see that Being is all there is. Nothing more has ever happened other than Being. Nothing ever starts or ends. Being is all there is, complete in itself; no speculation or ideation attached to it. 

If you can't feel it, you can keep at it. Its not under your control to recognize what you are. Like the example Leo once gave, the donkey in front of the mirror has to recognize itself. And it can only happen by some unexplainable happy accident. All you can ever do is to keep being aware, keep looking

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Thank you :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Are you aware of Being? if yes, you must be something more subtle than it...

4 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

Are you aware of Being? if yes, you must be something more subtle than it...

It seems that way when linguistically expressed. But the actual thing is not at all like this.

There is no room for such ideation in that totality

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

You are not aware of being, you are being. The awareness itself is your essence.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Preetom ? 

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

9 hours ago, Preetom said:

Then for a moment imagine all your phenomenal experience has vanished in one swoop. All of it at once.

Is this like inducing a sensory deprivation state without any content to experience?  I haven't got there by trying to imagine my way into it, that creates waves of effort in my mind, which are stirring up experiences of blackness etc - if you see what I mean.  I usually do my evening meditation in a dark room, when the house is quiet etc so perhaps I get a bit closer to this. Then it's more like letting go of phenomena which I experience, and if I'm lucky, it turns into no-one experiencing them, the phenomena just happen by themselves, merge into one with the awareness.  But I'm not sure if it's the same state you are describing. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I was watching my son being operated by a surgeon yesterday and passed out. All lights out! No self, just the Void, ultimate peace, and liberation. When I came back, the noise, the lights, the forms...such distractions. Yes, I would say, this pointer to Being is one of the most potent and wish more people considered it. Thank you for sharing @Preetom !

On 5/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, Moksha said:

You are not aware of being, you are being. The awareness itself is your essence.

;)

@Natasha  when you passed out, was it an experience of void, peace, liberation in time ? Did it last for a while with a beginning and an ending? 

Your story reminds me of when I had an operation under general anaesthetic. I remember starting to count down from 10 while inhaling the gas, got to 7. Then I blanked out and the next moment I woke up in the post-op room. In normal time it was an hour or two later. I had a void, peace etc, but no awareness of time so I couldn't experience it or enjoy it! 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl Yes, there was no awareness of time or self, just blissful no-thingness/void. Peaceful and complete. 

Good stuff @Preetom .

The Vigyan Bhairav or 112 ways of Shiva has similar techniques to this, among many others. Well,112 :D. Most of the meditative technique's used throughout the ages,if not all, can be found in this ancient scripture. From Kriya to Vipassana to self inquiry,to mantra etc.,

Here's something similar.

#79: The mind cam be used as an instrument - just don't identify with it. If you can be aware of the reality here and now, you will remain always transcendental to the mind.

Just lie down. First conceive of yourself as dead; the body is just like a corpse. Lie down, and then bring your attention to the toes. With closed eyes move inwards. Bring your attention to the toes and feel that the fire is rising from there upwards, everything is being burned. As the fire rises, your body is disappearing. Start from the toes and move upwards. Just go on seeing that the body has become ashes and only the witness, You, remain.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard

On 11/15/2020 at 9:07 AM, Guru Fat Bastard said:

Good stuff @Preetom .

The Vigyan Bhairav or 112 ways of Shiva has similar techniques to this, among many others. Well,112 :D. Most of the meditative technique's used throughout the ages,if not all, can be found in this ancient scripture. From Kriya to Vipassana to self inquiry,to mantra etc.,

Here's something similar.

#79: The mind cam be used as an instrument - just don't identify with it. If you can be aware of the reality here and now, you will remain always transcendental to the mind.

Just lie down. First conceive of yourself as dead; the body is just like a corpse. Lie down, and then bring your attention to the toes. With closed eyes move inwards. Bring your attention to the toes and feel that the fire is rising from there upwards, everything is being burned. As the fire rises, your body is disappearing. Start from the toes and move upwards. Just go on seeing that the body has become ashes and only the witness, You, remain.

Thanks for sharing. I am talking about something very similar.

These visualization/mental posture are helpful because its all about correcting an error made by mind: Wrong seeing. It sees what is not there in the first place and it fails to see what is the only thing ever present. It sees fragments and objects which are not there in the first place. But it misses the one essence of itself and everything it misinterprets/sees. This seeming mental delusion(!)/wrong seeing is corrected by mental poise/silence/renunciation(Of thought forms).

On 11/14/2020 at 7:57 PM, Natasha said:

I was watching my son being operated by a surgeon yesterday and passed out. All lights out! No self, just the Void, ultimate peace, and liberation. When I came back, the noise, the lights, the forms...such distractions. Yes, I would say, this pointer to Being is one of the most potent and wish more people considered it. Thank you for sharing @Preetom !

Hope you and your son doing well.

And then when the lights come back up, it is still the Void :D

There was never anything apart from That

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''