lmfao

"80 days of hell": The results of this election will be contested.

10 posts in this topic

It's going to be 76 days of hell until inauguration. Whoever loses, no side will concede and they will fight till the end. There's this debacle with mail in ballots, undelivered votes, votes arriving before or after the 3rd November, etc. Maybe Trump will complain the votes were counted too slowly or something. Riots but no civil war. 

Alex Jones and loads of conspiracy theorists were partially correct.. That there will be "80 days of hell" after the election results. Although, Alex Jones is looking like he might wrong about Republicans being declared winner and Democrats would contest it. As of making this post it's looking like it will be the other way around (I might end up being wrong though)

Some of them think that Dems and GOPs will be in such conflict that the UN army will come in and oust trump though hahaha. I don't think its that extreme but there will be unrest. Regardless though. I feel like a winner will be declared, someone will be declared president by the deadline for a new term. 

The conspiracy theories are that both Biden and Trump committed fraud so that they could contest the election if they lose (and blame fraud on the other person). We will see what happens. 

If you want to go Lefty conspiracy mode on all this. Both sides will declare themselves the winner (Democrats being the real winners) , massive unrest and almost civil war. Then the army who is pro-Trump will usurp the country and put him in power. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I doubt it. Predicting that the results of an election will be contested is hardly controversial. It's already happening. And the rest is me offering speculation. At most a thread lock buddy. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

It’ll probably be better to have this thread (assuming that Biden wins.)

But if people get too out of the door it could always be locked. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Be careful with your wild and irresponsible fear-mongering.

We have a legal process and it will be followed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There will be some sort of unrest due to dissatisfied Trump voters but I don't think it will last long. Within that period, you have Biden with his lawyers and things will be settled easily. So Trump will have no further chance of contest once matters are handled legally. 

In that case, many voters and supporters might just have to relent and accept the defeat of their leader. I guess maybe a month, this November month will be a drama month. 

I see peace in December. It will be nice and a peaceful transfer of power in January. 

At least some healing from the chaos of this entire year. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

From what I've seen about right-wingers right now, they are not at all happy with the situation. They really do think that ballots have been tampered with. From what I can see, this is not Trump brainwashing them with cult-ideology, Trumpers on the ground believe it and it's going up to bolster support for Trump.

This is not about whether this is true or not. It may be laughably false and absurdly ridiculous. This is also not about what happens in the courts. You may beat him in the election and in the court. This is about unrest on the ground. The fact that people believe this could lend itself to a potential civil war. The fact that Q-Anon is a thing doesn't help the situation. We could be collectively getting pushed over the edge into this civil war because of the election.

What's really sad to me is that it doesn't actually matter who wins the election to your everyday life. You may think it does, but it doesn't. If people kill each other over the result of this election, they will do it literally only to defend their political ideology, their favorite candidate, their favorite party. It will be completely ideological with no payoff to it, nothing to be gained, nothing at stake even. Just ideological fighting turning physical. It's like a fight between fans at a sports event, but this time with weapons.

What happens in the ballots doesn't affect your everyday life. What happens in courts doesn't affect your everyday life. But a civil war is different.

P.S. If this actually were Trump brainwashing them, then it wouldn't be so scary and we wouldn't have anything to worry about. People would stop believing it after Trump goes. But to me, it looks like people on the ground believed it first. They may not stop believing that once Trump is gone, which is what I'm worried about.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

21 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

What happens in the ballots doesn't affect your everyday life. What happens in courts doesn't affect your everyday life. But a civil war is different.

This is so wrong. Politics and voting is important for precisely the same reason that it brings in change. Cult members can't change a constitutional process. 

Trump was ready to open businesses and giving out really risky advice about Covid-19.

Major decisions like

closing borders

Banning international travel ordering more masks

enforcing an aggressive lockdowns

controlling protests using military

locking up militia

making police reforms

defunding police

bringing systemic changes

writing signing executive orders

introducing new laws or reforms after a congressional agreement

uniting different races

and groups, protecting marginalized and vulnerable groups from discrimination

making changes to Medicare or Insurance

making foreign policy deals

trade deals, participating in international climate deals

bringing climate change by Banning processes

job creation

stabilizing economy

drug laws

dealing with homelessness

countless issues are the things that affect everyday life of all citizens and they are directly impacted by every decision taken by the President and the Senate.

The Supreme Court makes historic and landmark decisions changing how people live forever.. 

An example of how the Supreme Court can change your life as a citizen of the country is this landmark decision by the United States Supreme Court. 

4l4gvd.jpg

This is how politics affects everyday life. Landmark victory for a transgender candidate. A key marker for social change and a huge achievement for the rights of LGBTQ community. 

You have hugely underestimated the power of politics and the Supreme Court in changing and affecting people's lives. 

4l4c4k.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

My point is that if you look at it purely physically, the election is people writing something on a piece of paper and other people counting it. Same goes for courts, it's people talking things out in a courtroom. But a civil war is very different! It looks like people actually shooting each other in the face.

The tragedy is that people may shoot each other in the face for precisely nothing in physical terms. Government/politics/constitution/policy is just an idea in the human mind. It's not an actual physical thing. There is no physical, material payoff to doing this. They'll just fight over ideas.

You may say 'But those ideas affect people's physical lives!' Yes, they do. They affect people's physical lives because people let it happen. No idea has the power to ruin your life if you don't let it. The problem is that people have externalized their power to the government/politicians/their favorite party/their opposition party so much that now, when their favorite candidate that they're so attached to loses, they will actually go out and hurt some innocent because of it. They will go and hurt another ordinary human like themselves, while the elites sit on their asses and laugh at them!

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee