Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pratyekabuddha

Thread on siddhis and my enlightenment

15 posts in this topic

If you were hoping that I have some extravagant siddhis because of my title, well, sorry to disappoint though we'll get to that subject later. 

Basically my enlightenment was similar to many people these days, little meditation or yoga but the colloquial "dark night of the soul". Passed through about 4 months of intense depression, insanity and generalised madness as I can only guess kundalini jolted around in my spine. 

I really experienced some states you would rather forget, some states that would make you not want to continuing living anymore. Not just the despair, but the absolutely dreadful madness. Anyway, somehow, by the grace of the powers that be I made it through the other end. Completely dissociated (not identifying) with my body and mind. Of course with initial states of absolute boundless ecstasy. Far better than any of the drugs I used to cope with the madness and depression.

If anyone has any further questions about my experience, go ahead and ask in the comments below. But what I have to ask you guys is... how does one attain siddhis after nibbana, satori, moksha/God realisation?

I've considered starting to do the Sodarshan chakra kriya but I don't know if it will yield results. For any more experienced spiritualists I would love to hear any advice you have on attaining lower to advanced siddhis. 

My life is sorta (not sorta, massively) in shambles and I need siddhis to fix my damaged brain to learn new skills and gain employment. 

Many blessings to all

After ecstasy, the laundry.

Or more classically: Chop wood, carry water.

Only now there will be joy in every step :)

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just now, Moksha said:

After ecstasy, the laundry.

Or more classically: Chop wood, carry water.

Only now there will be joy in every step :)

Yeah I get that to a degree, but here's the thing, my mental capacity has diminished in its ability to retain and learn new information as a result of the drug use previously. Now, I saw on the guidelines that this isn't the place to vent my personal issues and I get that; I have a therapist for that. 

But I seek to advance my spirituality if only to make my life more functional, even better fully self-actualised. 

Once you realize who you are, you are able to use your mind rather than being used by it. It is good to have goals and work toward them, as long as you don't take it too seriously and get trapped into reidentifying with the role. Staying grounded in who you are is of primary importance; everything else will happen as it needs to happen.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Once you realize who you are, you are able to use your mind rather than being used by it. It is good to have goals and work toward them, as long as you don't take it too seriously and get trapped into reidentifying with the role. Staying grounded in who you are is of primary importance; everything else will happen as it needs to happen.

I sure hope so, I hope for productivity to hit an uptick soon. 

1 minute ago, The0Self said:

@Pratyekabuddha Suffering did it for me too. Immense suffering. And it was beautifully amazing.

We all have had certain hopes, dreams and fantasies inside ourselves we never even knew. When they're taken away our ego melts to nothing. Then we wake up.

@Pratyekabuddha The only reason people don't wake up is because they don't want to. It's so obvious that any person would rather dream they're awake rather than wake up.

6 minutes ago, The0Self said:

@Pratyekabuddha The only reason people don't wake up is because they don't want to. It's so obvious that any person would rather dream they're awake rather than wake up.

Playing the game is a lot more fun than waking up imo. Playing a character on the world's stage is more entertaining with a greater sense of certainty. Plus, waking up only results in more questioning and more confusion. 

If you have a basic understanding of the world with a nice little role to play, with a sense of time and self, then everything is good and normal. 

However waking up, ha, that's a whole other deal. In many ways I wish to go back tbh. I had an illusory sense of agency back then. 

Edited by Pratyekabuddha

@Pratyekabuddha

Having experienced satori, and realized nibbana & moksha, as well experiencing a variety of siddhis...they don’t function in the manor you are thinking. While it is experientially wonderful, meta-amazing & blissful in my life, a siddhi has never occurred for my life. I don’t mean to imply that is objectively true, just sharing from direct experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

39 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Pratyekabuddha

Having experienced satori, and realized nibbana & moksha, as well experiencing a variety of siddhis...they don’t function in the manor you are thinking. While it is experientially wonderful, meta-amazing & blissful in my life, a siddhi has never occurred for my life. I don’t mean to imply that is objectively true, just sharing from direct experience. 

Hmmm, just sort of a passive occurance. That's a shame, would be great if they could be manifested at one's convenience. 

@Pratyekabuddha

Passive and also not. There’s an on and off to it, very much like the relationship between meditation / yoga and thinking. Reiki classes are great for exploring the energy work end of things, but I wouldn’t underestimate the role a good foundation plays. Practices are really more for letting even expectations go, vs getting results. The desired result is feeling better, which is the natural occurrence of letting go. New hopes, new dreams, new fantasies. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

16 hours ago, Pratyekabuddha said:

Playing the game is a lot more fun than waking up imo. Playing a character on the world's stage is more entertaining with a greater sense of certainty. Plus, waking up only results in more questioning and more confusion.

The ultimate letting go is our need for certainty itself. When you let go of the nattering mind, confusion dissolves as well. There is only beautiful clarity. You can still navigate in the world of form, but you are no longer defined by it.