Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beeflamb

How do you get over the loneliness on this path?

4 posts in this topic

Ever since I opened the rabbit whole I feel so alone. I can hardly relate to anyone anymore, including my own family. It's hard to form relationships since I feel so detached. I just go through the social motions and laugh a long but in the end I feel like I'm not really there.

I understand this all too well, the thing is you're understanding that you can relate but might have doubt because people don't want to relate especially when it comes to the darkness living in each of us. once we get past our own deception, we'll be able to see through others deception as well which will make things a little easier. 

@Beeflamb  by 'rabbit hole' do you mean doing your spiritual practice etc? Externally it can appear we are going on a different tangent from our family & friends when we start doing new practices like meditation, yoga, breathwork, reading different books etc. How long have you been on the path? I have found that over time, it has helped me get closer to other people as I become a better listener, understand human psychology better, have more compassion, become more accepting of the wide diversity of life. For example, I used to have many intellectual barriers to relating with Christians, but since I have tasted the deeper truth connecting us all, those barriers have become very thin and transparent. Love wells up within us and the other people around us respond to that, unless they have their own issues to overcome.   

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

First of all thank you for your post and being so open, vulnerable and honest about your issue! I can truly relate with what you said in your post; it is true. When we first awaken it truly seems that we are alone and separate on this new path and journey of awakening, and everyone else is not. Once I started to realize that everyone is one their own path, and that everyone is going through their own for of suffering, learning and awakening, it made me realize that I'm actually not alone, but that we are all in this together. All 7 billion of us. 

I believe the key to dealing with this feeling of loneliness and separation is try to be as open, honest and vulnerable as you can in all your relationships. This starts with listening deeply and asking meaningful questions, which often leads to the realization that indeed, everyone has their own path in life; their own rabbit hole so to speak. You may feel that you are different in certain ways, for example, that you are aware of certain truths, techniques or beauties that they may not be aware of, but trying to share those in a courageous way, and trying to create a new mutual understanding between the people around you, often does wonders. Your relationships might shift to a new level or understanding and love, or they may not, and then it might be time to accept that. New awakenings and new beginnings often come with certain endings, meaning that some relationships may no longer be beneficial, fruitful and satisfying to you. Of course, you can only conclude this when you truly tried to make yourself understandable in these relationships, trying your best to create a new flow of understanding, communication and union. 

That being said, I believe with family it's important to cut it off from your life because they play a big part in the development of your inner child, your personal understanding and also certain karmic entanglements. Do your best to honor, nurture and be open in your familial relationships, as they hold golden properties, lessons and surprises in your life.

Hope this helps, feel free to hit me up with a more specific explanation of your experience or certain question you may have!

Good luck warrior ; ) 

Charlie

Edited by Darlisto