Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Psychventure

Do you believe in reincarnation?

48 posts in this topic

Seems to be true. No belief is true though. “You” can count on that. You gotta understand it’s impossible to say a true thing though.

in a way

the true self (god) lives and dies in all life and manifestations, everywhere, simultaneously, infinitely 

but I dont think my ego-mind will "reincarnate" somewhere, my wishes, my passions, my memories and my emotions will die along with this earthly body

@Psychventure There is the seeing of one's own true nature. Of being infinite nothingness. And if you see it well enough, you'll see that this infinite nothingness (which is everything) is immortal. And so it is that I know that this nothingness will never die. Physical death is an illusion.

Me, Mujtaba, my human self with a name might die. I don't know. Whether I have a "soul" which will reincarnate I don't know, but that's a lower order structure to structureless infinity/nothingness. My true self won't die. Naturally this is a scary thing when seeing. I was traumatised by the directness of the experience and my mind keeps itself distracted from seeing this constant truth. 

--

The prospect of living forever terrified me a lot when I was younger. I used to be a very religious Muslim. And I thought about Heaven. That I would be there forever. And forever feel terrifying. And I hoped that God at least has the decency to give me a button which I can press to just sleep or die. 

Continuing on with what is nonetheless just an intellectual chain and making myself feel comfortable. If I already have existed forever, then what is there to fear for the future. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Its an interesting topic. I have people close to me who are more 'spiritually tuned' than I am who have had visions of 'past lives' that more highlighted lessons they've needed to learn in more than one lifetime.

I would say there is something to the idea of reincarnation for growth and raising consciousness.

3 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Of being infinite nothingness. And if you see it well enough, you'll see that this infinite nothingness (which is everything) is immortal. And so it is that I know that this nothingness will never die. Physical death is an illusion.

“I” got this same state from adamant self inquiry (yeah, like 50x further than one would expect). You have no self now? You’re gone? I was forever separated from experience. Where is liberation now? It doesn’t exist at all. Who could be liberated?

You probably reincarnate until you work out where you want to go next, otherwise your just stuck in limbo.

5 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Its an interesting topic. I have people close to me who are more 'spiritually tuned' than I am who have had visions of 'past lives' that more highlighted lessons they've needed to learn in more than one lifetime.

I would say there is something to the idea of reincarnation for growth and raising consciousness.

I have had utter confirmation of the truth of past lives. Completely beyond reproach. It still didn’t actually happen. Nothing ever actually happens.

21 minutes ago, The0Self said:

“I” got this same state from adamant self inquiry (yeah, like 50x further than one would expect). You have no self now? You’re gone? I was forever separated from experience. Where is liberation now? It doesn’t exist at all. Who could be liberated?

Nah I'm not liberated. Yeah it was inquiry likewise here. Good if it was permenant for you I guess? (Unless you're in a weird dark night of the soul from it). 

The state of consciousness was so different and alien to my normal state of consciousness, that my brain has sort of "erased it" from my memory or suppressed it. The experience was so weird that my brain has compartmentalised it into fantasy and dissociated from it. Time and self felt radically different. 

My perception of vision was distorted (not hallucinations but there was distortion. Everything felt like a dream/fantasy despite it being reality. Maybe things looked like they were whiter hue or my eyes would space out, I can't remember) , and trying to remember this all, I think it's like a drunk person trying to remember a black out. The quote "truth is stranger than fiction" can chill you to your bones if you experience certain things. 

I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't feel connected to it. I think that feeling is the "trauma" I'm defending myself against. No one for sure but me can know what I was going through, so no one can advise about what I should do, I'm just simplifying my life, taking care of survival first.

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

30 minutes ago, Psychventure said:

I need your opinion on this.. 

Who is asking?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

6 minutes ago, lmfao said:

Nah I'm not liberated. Yeah it was inquiry likewise here. Good if it was permenant for you I guess? (Unless you're in a weird dark night of the soul from it). 

The state of consciousness was so different and alien to my normal state of consciousness, that my brain has sort of "erased it" from my memory or suppressed it. The experience was so weird that my brain has compartmentalised it into fantasy and dissociated from it. Time and self felt radically different. 

My perception of vision was distorted (not hallucinations but there was distortion) , and trying to remember this all, I think it's like a drunk person trying to remember a black out. I looked at myself in the mirror and didn't feel connected to it. 

How about self inquiry though... Jesus. Like, holy fucking crap. What? WOW. I guess the same could have happened through anything else if it was driven by some kind of immense suffering. Idk about you, but I was in absolute hell. I was actually hospitalized for psychosis.

@The0Self Jesus christ man. Don't worry, you're not crazy. Life's crazy. I'm sure I could have been locked up in a hospital if a few little variables changed and butterfly effect, considering how destabilising this all is. 

No yeah, I was driven by suffering and being in a hell state of mind. I was just sitting outside in my garden, reading, put the book down down (because reading wasn't helping me feel better), and inquiring when extremely desperate to escape from my hell. 

What was your strong experience like? 

My main problem is instability so like, I'm just taking care of the physical and social world. The spiritual and existential world will always follow me, I probably couldn't avoid its calling if I wanted. So I'll just let that happen. 

I feel there are points of no return, where what's seen will never be unseen. And you'll always invariably be drawn to it again. But you can't really describe it someone else or someone who hasn't felt it, because it seems outlandish and like a fantasy. 

The daunting, but perhaps lovely thing, is that you can't turn away from it. It hits you over the back of the head. 

Ramana Maharshi: 

"Your Head is already in the Tiger's Mouth. There is no escape" 

Edited by lmfao

42 minutes ago, lmfao said:

What was your strong experience like?

It was almost 3 years ago. A distant memory at this point. It’s funny, no suffering was actually “overcome.” Describing it would mislead. Even if I was sentenced to eternal infinite suffering, it wouldn’t matter, or it would simply be what appeared to happen. And that’s the way it always was. And I know any apparent “me’s“ would invariably read this the wrong way. And yet, I have nothing on them. There’s just what is. Man, if I heard someone talking like this a few years ago I’d get downright angry.

@lmfao Do you know what your name means?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 hour ago, Psychventure said:

I need your opinion on this.. 

You don't actually. Nothing would change if you'd live your life without thinking about this topic. Red herring. Instead, try to find out why you think you need an opinion on a such a trivial topic to your well-being, and why you think we could have an answer, and why our opinions in specific but not my friend's cat's opinion for example.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

If there is no reincarnation why Buddhist spend their whole life mediating? Why not enjoy human ego? 

1 hour ago, bennett oppel said:

You probably reincarnate until you work out where you want to go next, otherwise your just stuck in limbo.

I have this same feeling. 

There is belief in reincarnation in eastern religious philosophies of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Jainism and Taoism. This is also an esoteric belief in some streams of Judaism, in Druid religion of the Gauls, in ancient greek philosophy as well, and some sects of sufism. Reincarnation is also an intrinsic part of some northern Native American and Inuit traditions.

The research and books of well-established psychiatrists Dr.Brian Weiss, Dr. Michael Newton, Dr.Ian Stevenson citing case studies of reincarnation have given enough evidence that reincarnation is not a mere Oriental theory but may have its foundations in fact.

Here are two articles dealing with past life remembrance...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1209795/Reincarnated-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

https://www.reincarnationresearch.com/japanese-soldier-reincarnates-as-a-woman-lesbian/

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

I try to not believe in anything, except for what is fun to believe in at the moment. What do you believe in?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay