Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Things that help with fatigue?

30 posts in this topic

Have any of you cured any fatigue issues?

I've seen Leo talked about Modafinil etc. these things are good for a temporary fix but they're also prescription drugs here and really mess with my sleep and don't treat the root cause imo.

What have you tried so far? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

What have you tried so far? 

nutrition, meditation, lots of supplements vitamins etc., sleep aid, modafinil/methylphenidate, sports, fasting etc. hmmm many things, it also varies greatly from day to day.   some tests i've done at the doc were thyroid, vitamins.

5 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

@PurpleTree What's your sleeping schedule like? 

Yea a lot of times i don't sleep great, hard to get to sleep wake up to early etc.

The last two days i slept good/enough but i'm tired, especially today. Maybe because i'm still on a deficit from the days before that.

Obsessive thinking can be a huge energy drainer from my experience..

In your case I believe it’s just your sleeping schedule..Statistically speaking It’s very important to sleep at least 7 hours a night.

8 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Obsessive thinking can be a huge energy drainer from my experience..

In your case I believe it’s just your sleeping schedule..Statistically speaking It’s very important to sleep at least 7 hours a night.

Obsessive thinking can also be a reason to not get enough sleep

27 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

Obsessive thinking can also be a reason to not get enough sleep

have you tried to meditate before bed? 

6 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

have you tried to meditate before bed? 

Yea i have, not really sure how i feel about it.

Seems like sometimes it's making it easier to sleep and sometimes harder (harder because sometimes the meditation made me less tired)

18 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Also generally have low blood pressure

Sometimes this can be an indication of low adrenal function. Is something like Cortisol : DHEA testing available in your area? Usually this is private testing. 

18 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

nutrition, meditation, lots of supplements vitamins etc., sleep aid, modafinil/methylphenidate, sports, fasting etc. hmmm many things, it also varies greatly from day to day.   some tests i've done at the doc were thyroid, vitamins.

Did anything come out of any of those tests? What did they test in your thyroid profile? 

Btw if you are chronically tired, fasting is definitely not a good thing to do. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@PurpleTree

You've got some sort of energetic block going on that is manifesting as fatigue.

Keep doing the inner work. Definitely check your sleep cycles and spending more time in nature as well.

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Sometimes this can be an indication of low adrenal function. Is something like Cortisol : DHEA testing available in your area? Usually this is private testing. 

Did anything come out of any of those tests? What did they test in your thyroid profile? 

Btw if you are chronically tired, fasting is definitely not a good thing to do. 

I did get a cortisol test, the doc said it's fine but i didn't really believe him :P

I'll have to find the thyroid profile sometime, they said it's fine though.

I was low on vitamin b12 at that time, so i got shots, also kinda of low-ish in zinc, and at some point ferritin.

Actually fasting seems like a good thing for me, since i sometimes have gut issues and a sensitive gut. I like it.

4 hours ago, aurum said:

@PurpleTree

You've got some sort of energetic block going on that is manifesting as fatigue.

Keep doing the inner work. Definitely check your sleep cycles and spending more time in nature as well.

Yea thanks, i don't really think i could be even more in nature than i already am though.

also it differs a lot, today i'm much less fatigued than yesterday.

5 hours ago, aurum said:

@aurum I'm curious - what do you mean by inner work, what does that entail? Are you just referring to things like reading books, meditating, being in nature etc., or is there something specific that you recommend?

Edited by GGG

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

I did get a cortisol test, the doc said it's fine but i didn't really believe him :P

did he draw your blood? That's the most inaccurate reading, you need to take 5 samples of saliva throughout the day to see discrepancies. Blood cortisol is tightly regulated so it is unlikely to show anything unless you suffer from Addison's or Cushing's. 

But based on what you say it seems like a combination of multiple things. Might get better if you start eating regular meals and larger portions or work with a nutritionist in your area. 

The sensitive gut could be contributing as well but hard to explore that over messaging like this 

1 hour ago, GGG said:

@aurum I'm curious - what do you mean by inner work, what does that entail? Are you just referring to things like reading books, meditating, being in nature etc., or is there something specific that you recommend?

Inner work takes many forms. You're becoming conscious of your limiting beliefs and the unconscious patterns that are holding you back. On a spiritual level, it's about remembering your connection to God / Source / The Universe.

You can do inner work through meditation, self-inquiry, energy healing, yoga, shadow work, psychedelics, therapy and about a thousand other tools. Often, just living life is enough to trigger inner work, because life is always mirroring back to you your beliefs.

You can choose whatever tools you resonate with. I'm particularly fond of meditation, yoga, theta healing and journaling.

Yaza helped me. I did yaza during a meditation retreat and 1 month post retreat and my relationship with fatigue has radically shifted.

Ive also stopped eating so much during the day. I'll do IF until around 11am-12pm, eat a small lunch, eat another snack in the afternoon, and then eat the majority of my calories at dinner. Sleeping 8 hours is non-negotiable for optimal energy. Exercise, eating fruits and vegetables, hydration, and yoga all are needed as well. 

The older I get, the more that if any of these items are off the more I'll feel my energy levels dip. 

On 2. 11. 2020 at 6:52 PM, PurpleTree said:

Things that help with fatigue?

Crack cocaine.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

8 hours ago, lostmedstudent said:

@Consilience yaza = meditation at night ?

Yes. Like full 8 hours of sitting with brief breaks, intentionally working with fatigue. I bet it would work best during a retreat while you have some meditation momentum