Thestarguitarist14

Songs for when you are sad

129 posts in this topic

@Roy Oh I like it B| I gave a few of their songs a listen after you shared 'Life Of The Party' and I was staggered I hadn't heard of them before, great band! I get what you mean about not taking first impressions too seriously, I've definitely been guilty of that myself in the past xD

Off the subject, but I just have to share this one because it's an amazing cover of one of my all-time favourite songs (originally by Radiohead):

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Some great sad songs in Hebrew is you like to hear some different language

^  great voice

betcha never heard this judy garland song before.

Edited by Loba

My all time favourite sad song. I sing it when I'm sad. (Hindi language)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:55 PM, The0Self said:

I fucking live for sadness.

This.

I love songs that make you FEEL deeply, I'm addicted to that. These are some of my go-to's when feel sad or down.

Edited by ZenSwift

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

On 21/07/2021 at 2:25 PM, RickyFitts said:

@Roy Oh I like it B| I gave a few of their songs a listen after you shared 'Life Of The Party' and I was staggered I hadn't heard of them before, great band! I get what you mean about not taking first impressions too seriously, I've definitely been guilty of that myself in the past xD

Off the subject, but I just have to share this one because it's an amazing cover of one of my all-time favourite songs (originally by Radiohead):

DUDE! same. This is my absolute favourite Radiohead song. Here are some of my favourite covers with added titles:

The "sad but somehow hilarious and cool at the same time"

The "pretty lady jamming"

The "handsome man jamming"

The "I would murder schoolchildren for a chance to be in that room live" 

The "I'll go back to sleep and keep dreaming"

The "tragically underappreciated"

Edited by MuadDib

@MuadDib Wow, some very cool covers! I'm also a huge fan of this version by Kutsal Kaan Bilgin.

Speaking of their 'In Rainbows' album, this one runs 'Weird Fishes' a very close second for my money:

“My meditation is simple. It does not require any complex practices.

It is simple. It is singing. It is dancing. It is sitting silently”

OSHO

This first song I've Got To Go Home sung by Florence McNair didn't only awaken and stir emotions in me. It made me weep in pain and regret several times to the point I rarely did in my life resurfacing some of my memories, trauma, and regrets - reminding me that I need to honor somehow the lives of those I lost that I keep in my head.

The Second one Host of the Seraphim - The Dead Can Dance just awakens despair, depression, and hopelessness in me when I first listened to it and before several times when I was in such states.

The Third One - Le Chant de Roma which I first heard back when the first time I watched the aforementioned anime (a mediocre and action-filled superficial entertainment experience with not much depth except in several instances and themes but for which the soundtrack is the one thing that most stands out) which it was composed for in 2018 stuck with me since then for me to listen to when I am feeling sad, trying to imaginatively empathize or feel the pain, misery, despair or loss filled lives of others (especially the lives of some Gypsies) or remember being impacted by a feeling of a loss of my own of someone (it for some reason reminded me and got me thinking about the life of my now passed mother and the kind of Gypsy music she liked, cried to and enjoyed when she was alive even though this song is totally unrelated to that except for some brief similarities here and there in the vocal, tone and instruments used) it had a cathartic and releasing effect on me several times when I remembered to listen to it with the vocals.

The Fourth Song - Melancholia by the band Caravan Palace also had a cathartic or soothing effect on me depending on my state and also made me feel nostalgic about some memories or experiences I had experienced (one example lone drive rides in the night with a couple of friends) in the past

Edited by Fleetinglife

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'

Depression coping and acceptance and embodiment and then cathartic healing release music and band:

''society is culpable in not providing free education for all and it must answer for the night which it produces. If the soul is left in darkness sins will be committed. The guilty one is not he who commits the sin, but he who causes the darkness.” ― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables'