Thestarguitarist14

Songs for when you are sad

129 posts in this topic

@acidgoofy Beautiful :)

Here's one I always find devastating:

This one gets my vote for most painful heartbreak song:

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I have a hard time listening to this one without crying. I usually skip it when listening to the album. Makes me think of my first love.

There is something powerful emotionally about impermanence. Guess you can't appreciate things fully if they last for eternity.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Video's unavailable. I'm curious now though, what was the song?

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

8 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

@Roy Video's unavailable. I'm curious now though, what was the song?

Weird. Must be locked in just Canada then? The song is "Life of the party" by July Talk

hrhrhtewgfegege

Just now, Roy said:

Weird. Must be locked in just Canada then? The song is "Life of the party" by July Talk

Oh yeah I figured it out! Must admit I've never heard of July Talk (I really must crawl out from under my rock every once in a while), but it's a really lovely song, I can well imagine how it could make you feel wistful - link here, for anyone else for whom it's showing up as unavailable:

It's making me think of an ex I had the hardest time getting over, which puts me in mind of this song from Coldplay's break-up album, 'Ghost Stories':

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

^_^ Been dancing to this! gets into my hips!

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

For melancholy and contemplation, with a touch of sadness ^_^

hrhrhtewgfegege

48 minutes ago, Roy said:

For melancholy and contemplation, with a touch of sadness ^_^

WOOOOOHOO! Now that's my kinda vibe~~~

It's Love.

Big shout-out to @Roy for introducing me to July Talk, I think this might just end up being my song of the year:

19 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

Big shout-out to @Roy for introducing me to July Talk, I think this might just end up being my song of the year:

hehe great! Yea they are an AMAZING group. Funny story I remember hearing their songs on the radio while working back in 2016 being like "what is this trash?!" and always switching them off because I was turned off by the style of their singers, thought it was just more hipster crap that CBC likes to push. But then I heard this song and decided to be more open minded, gave them another chance and they've become one of my favourite bands! One of those life lessons about not being blinded by bias and first impressions I guess ^_^

(Now I know - July Talk) Encase region locked

Honestly it's rare I listen to any artist and can go through entire albums without hearing any songs I hate, but nearly EVERYTHING they create is a hit. Makes me proud such great musicians are coming out of my home province!

This is my favourite song by them, if I had to choose just one;

(Strange Habit - July Talk) Encase region locked

hrhrhtewgfegege