Thestarguitarist14

Songs for when you are sad

129 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Ananta said:

Your lucky. Wish I could say the same.

Could be. I've been through quite a bit of suffering though. I was a heroin addict 8 years ago, for instance.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Could be. I've been through quite a bit of suffering though. I was a heroin addict 8 years ago, for instance.

Hm, if you've always been happy and never been depressed, then why turn to heroin? Something seems off with that.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

No music to add, but LOVE this thread & wanted to add a quote from a Zen master (can't remember the name) 

'When you're happy be completely happy and when you're sad, be completely sad.' 

Such simple words, but so profound, feel those emotions without the need to escape or change them. 

I think in Non-Dual circles (some) there is almost a fear of emotions & thoughts, but what fun would it be being like a blank of wood? 

I also liked @@The0Self point that absolute happiness & peace has no opposite, but that does not mean you won't feel sadness or ever cry, unless you're trying to put on that spiritual persona of course ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 11/4/2020 at 11:07 PM, Darlisto said:

Love this topic, and I totally agree with the power of sad songs. But I feel that there is one really important aspect of this that is not mentioned here, which is that music is deeply personal. Music that somehow links us to our past, the depths of our subconscious mind and the forgotten memories of our inner child is extremely powerful because they already hold certain energetic patterns and traumas in our body desperately waiting to be felt, re-experienced and released. Apart from finding new music, trying to find and rediscovering those songs that made you cry as a child, is a great source and potential for healing and transformation. If you're interested about the relationship between spirituality, personal transformation and Music you can read about it in this article, called 'Soul Resonance and Music'.

I really enjoyed that article, thank you, it was really interesting to see the different layers of our being that music can penetrate & how almost like medicine, we need different doses of different medications at different times, and as with all things there are no one size fits all solutions. 

Beautiful!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

13 hours ago, Ananta said:

Hm, if you've always been happy and never been depressed, then why turn to heroin? Something seems off with that.

Ever since I was 14 I had an affinity for painkillers. Just loved the feeling too much. My birth parents were addicts; maybe taking Vicodin that one time when I was 14 activated something genetic in me? Idk. I was definitely suffering though, just not in a way I'd call depressed (I've never been suicidal). In a way, it really wasn't even that horrible -- heroin's effects, while they last, pretty much eclipse any guilt/self-hatred. Getting off it was horrendously painful but I became far more conscious as a result.

@The0Self I see. Well, I'm glad your off the heroin and feeling good..?

I had a friend in nursing school overdose and die from herion a year after we graduated and my childhood friend lost her son after him trying it once. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@The0SelfIs the Heroin high somewhat similar to awakening? I heard people comparing it to enlightment.

48 minutes ago, Ananta said:

I had a friend in nursing school overdose and die from herion a year after we graduated and my childhood friend lost her son after him trying it once. 

uff that's sad :(

7 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Is the Heroin high somewhat similar to awakening? I heard people comparing it to enlightment.

More like similar to the 3rd jhana. A very shallow facsimile of it, anyway.

Mike Shinoda - Place To Start

Linkin Park - My December / One More Light

Neuroticfish - Suffocating Right

BluntOne - Reflections

The last one is an instrumental simple song and yet it can evoke some incredibly sad emotions. At least for me.

Edited by nistake

I Lost Something in the Hills - Sibylle Baier

Apocalypse - Cigarettes after Sex

Back to Black - Amy Winehouse

The Greatest (Sad Version) - Sia

Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey

Edited by xxxx

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Total Eclipse of the Heart - Cover by Sleeping at Last

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia