Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dflores321

Benefits of stretching daily?

8 posts in this topic

What are some benefits you guys experience from stretching daily? I'm gonna start doing it. 

" ..." 

-The Buddha

Depends on your physique and how much you are stretching.

Light stretching is fine, but if you stretch too much it can make your joints hurts. Make sure to take time out for stretching, don't rush it. 

I stretch after working out in the morning, and I do yoga somewhat frequently. I've noticed my posture improved a ton, after a just a few weeks of stretching and yoga there was a noticeable difference. Also I'm less sore after heavy workouts. I'm pretty sure consistent stretching will aid in the aging process in regards to your joints and whatnot. 

imo the first step(for most people) to physical prosperity is posture correction.

If you are like most people who sit most of the day, slump forward over a desk etc. Then there are many muscles which are tight e.g. quadriceps, hip flexors suboccipital neck muscles. Stretching out these muscles is essential to be able to stand up straight, feeling open and mobile. 

I stretch every day 3 times a day before meditation. I have noticed a big decrease in workout related injuries. It actually will put me into a meditative state most of the time. I would work in into your routine with something like meditation for sure.