Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LifeLife

Scientology For Self Actualisation?

14 posts in this topic

Define self actualisation for you first.

For a homeless man in NYC it's the accomplishment of a warm bed and hot food

For a child in poverty it's the ability to provide clean water and tomorrow's meal

For a mother with 4 kids it's to support and provide till they become independent

For a girl with big dreams it's flashing lights and magazine covers

For some it's enlightenment 

For others it's suicide 

For many it's religion 

For you? Who knows  

Edited by Kenya

@LifeLife theres no point identifying with one particular, religion in this case, for self actualisation 

use whatever practice from whatever place that helps you actualise and dump the surrounding fluff and noise 

15 hours ago, Wormon Blatburm said:

I don't know why this would make sense, scientology is a religion/cult, what does that have to do with personal development?

Most of their programs are personal development programs. The whole process of becoming clear is comparable with detoxifying your unconscious from all the shit it took up over the years + they teach you a lot of more things like "how to learn", "how to be confident", ... . I got a friend who is a scientologist and told me about it. They have a lot of parallels to other self development programs and even enlightenment work.

So in the end chose what works for you best. I go with Zen Buddhism, good books, videos and that stuff. I don't need such a closed system like Scientology. But some folks may like that.

Cheers

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

The problem with all religions/sects is that they are not 100% bad/useless. If that was the case, it would be very easy for people to reject them.

The problem with all religions/sects is that they take techniques and methods which have legitimate psychological or spiritual value and mix it with a bunch of dogma.

And no matter how good the benefits of the techniques may initially be, eventually the dogma catches up to you and limits your growth. But by then, it's usually too late. The dogma's got ya!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

Most of their programs are personal development programs. The whole process of becoming clear is comparable with detoxifying your unconscious from all the shit it took up over the years + they teach you a lot of more things like "how to learn", "how to be confident", ... . I got a friend who is a scientologist and told me about it. They have a lot of parallels to other self development programs and even enlightenment work.

Sect aren't made so that their members evolve but only to rip of money and control/brainwash you - there are private institution and are usually way worse than religions. The fact that they may use some personnal developpement techniques is not relevant. You might consider changing friends :)

@Leo Gura

So, train your mind to ignore the dogmas. You don't have to react to the dogmas. Then, it would be of great benefit. Or, go to advanced teachers/gurus/friends whom you trust and are into this and learn from them. Then, you could put it all together, and it will make sense.

In other words, develop the mind enough to find the proper info and meet proper friends/teachers. 

For those you trust, you don't have to take whatever they say word for word. 

To me, most things (esp on the Internet) are not presented correctly. It's like when I approach someone else, they tell me something completely different. The truth is just exaggerated and stretched out into something weird. I say to myself, "Wait a minute, this is NOT what I learned."

Edited by Key Elements

I think its really a case of training yourself to not buy completely into one type of thinking or set of ideas. 

A lot of the time people go into different modes of thinking and by doing that disregard everything ekse because they've found the 'truth'. If you can be independent of this method and be able to read anything and seperate the benefits from the dogma then i think that is a fantastic way to grow. 

It's like if you want to get fit they'll be loads of diets and work out plans that people will want you to buy into because they're the answer to all your problems, but if you can pick and chose the parts that work for you that would make more sense than just following one blindly