Cammy

Argue that I'm not the "I-thought/ego"

36 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

love embracing paradoxes

@The0Self

Me too. Let’s light this place up with love, for no reason. Why not? Seems like a good idea. Everything else seems necessary and unavoidable, not optional. So I’ll optionally love — the thing “I“ can’t do, but do anyway. There’s no problem. Death is awake. I can’t imagine imperfection, but maybe I can imagine someone who can — well, (humblingly and tragically) that’s perfection.

Duality (untruth; everything “known;” nothing) is what apparently seems to (doesn’t actually) create evil for good to overcome. They’re both simply what apparently is & isn’t, “depending“ on the perspective.

This is the end of the world. And also the beginning. Always is never.

@The0Self love it :)

yes indeed. there's the no-self

and then there's the infinite SELF

all are opposites

any view is one extreme

taking one view is valid as taking its opposite

so yes, let's love it up cuz WHY NOT!

never is always 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

21 hours ago, Cammy said:

I've been reading about the "I thought" in my book and want to believe it however I don't want to follow so easily and believe it like being victim of brain washing. 

I'm looking about my room. I truly belive I am the physical body and my thoughts come from my brain. I live in the materialistic paradigm.

I welcome you to argue that I'm not the physical body and help me break it down!!!

So is your body thinking for you now, and having this conversation, or are you?  if its your body, how would you know since its the body talking, like a programmed operation, how would you know anything you think you know if its just the body and brain in control?  Did this body give a name to itself or accept the name other bodies decided to give it?  Did the earth grow systems of ecosystems and biology and then grow humans who's bodies think they are bodies and have questions like your asking, "am I a body or prove to me that I'm not a body"?

@Cammy

You are the awareness of the thought “I”. This can be double checked by claiming you are not aware of the thought “I”, and laughing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Mu_ I still deeply identify with my body so yes I feel like "I" and the body are one so you asking if the body is talking I see that as just "are you talking". I have to be honest. I'll need time to ponder it

@nistake i need to give some sort of name to this experience as I'm only experiencing it so why not call it I? The thought of looking at a picture arose to my experience so why not call it I?

@Jacobsrw take away the physical body aspect of it all. So whatever is experiencing these thoughts could not be labelled as myself? The experience is I

1 hour ago, Cammy said:

@Jacobsrw take away the physical body aspect of it all. So whatever is experiencing these thoughts could not be labelled as myself? The experience is I

Precisely, except notice there is no I when observed. It’s more a field of “is”. No direction from which to locate oneself but rather just the indiscriminate observing of experience 

Edited by Jacobsrw

3 hours ago, Cammy said:

@Mu_ I still deeply identify with my body so yes I feel like "I" and the body are one so you asking if the body is talking I see that as just "are you talking". I have to be honest. I'll need time to ponder it

Thats fair.  Think about these as well.  You say you feel like you are your body, and its your body that is thinking.  now if you look with a microscope into your body, you'll discover empty space and electrons and protons and all sorts of energies, and microbes.  If you are your body, then you must be more primarily electrons, protons, water, microbes, all the material and energetic make make up right?  And  your those, your also the source of those, which includes the earth, tree's clouds, animals eaten, the solar system and the big bang that started it (since those are all the creating mechanisms of that which makes up "body". Again Body would not exist without those, of which body is just material produced from other sources.

On 10/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, Jacobsrw said:

I admire your honesty. I can empathise with what you are saying here as I am often consumed into such notions when operating on autopilot. 

Consider this: 

In the absence of thought, what are you?

This is the fundamental question to explore, simply because the line of thought which claims “I am a physical body” is the same one that uses thought to assert such a conclusion. Thought literally reifies our sense of material existence.

Really sit for some time and observe your experience beyond merely thought. You will notice even the feelings and sensations that are assumed in the body are them self confirmed via the mind.

Contemplate what is there irrespective of thought and the assumption of a physical self begins to loosen, appearing less evident.

Integrate psychedelics and this will be significantly amplified.

Like ? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Cammy Reality, everything being experienced, is in a singular field of consciousness. What reason is there to place special emphasis and identity on one part of the field (thoughts) to the other equally valid parts of the field? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.