Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Accept the troll

1 post in this topic

Just felt like putting my heart out. 

This forum is a pathetic place. No amount of moderation can really fix issues. 

Leo and his life purpose course and all his advice here is awesome. The mods are good. There are some good pieces of advice here and there. 

But some people leave snarky ass remarks and they are very judgemental. Deliberately trying to piss you off. There is a general hostile environment. 

I also feel the same way when someone on the forum constantly judges me and tries to act aggressive with personal attacks and tries to provoke me unnecessarily, I'm a peaceful person in general in real life, although this is the only place that feels very provoking, with all sorts of Gaslighting and constant one upping me and trying to act smart, the only difference is that it's not physical, but it's emotional punching, and even when I tell them to leave me alone they don't leave me the heck alone, so it feels like being bullied in school. 

How many people are you going to complain to mods about. Everyday new troll. Gets tiring after a while. 

There's too much projection. People who assume things that are not true. It's like a daily battle with people who are going to pounce on your character no matter what. Putting you down in some way, trying to feel better by targeting you and making you feel bad about yourself in the name of trying to help you, but just low lying projection and taking jabs at you in softer ways. 

I'm learning to let go of the trigger although the annoyance is not gonna go away. Day in day out a new troll joins the forum only to piss off people. 

What I find is that there's no point in holding the feeling of being insulted. Just let it go. Accept the troll. They are always going to be there no matter what. Haters gonna hate. Can't mend that. 

There is no point in feeling bad. In real life I am never offended or hurt. But just here, I can feel the aggression slowly building, it's natural to feel annoyed when someone projects stuff about you in a personal way, and you have to constantly defend against their lies and projections and devilry, feels like slander. Like who the hell are you to judge me so much. I don't come here to take your lecture on my character or your constant verbal assaults on me. I'm not your doormat to take your daily emotional punching. I don't come here to be attacked, punished or judged. Of course it's toxic to deal with this, because it can make even a good person aggressive. That's something I observe sometimes.. Its like I have to be this bad person on the forum on purpose to deflect all the hate coming. Be strict and upfront and tell their bullshit to their face. But then this strictness is taken as a sign of arrogance or hate. At the same time the same people don't have the balls to realize how they are provoking me, they only see me but not themselves. But me constantly defending myself to no end is also toxic to my health. How much can I take? I can't be soft and lovey dovey to everyone, especially to those who are being rude to me, I have no such obligation. And where is it written that if you are spiritual, you are supposed to consume and swallow all hate and hostility and not fight back or resist? 

Being spiritual does not mean that I should put up with someone's provocation or bias or hate. I'm allowed to be myself and have opinions on subjects whether someone likes them or not. It has nothing to do with me personally. 

So coming to the point. Accept the troll. Just let go. Understand that this is how the world is. There is toxicity at every corner. Emotional, psychological toxicity. And nobody can truly fix that. 

It's not about developing a thick skin. You get dejected at some point. Because you don't come to be a part of a negative environment. You come here to feel encouraged and hopeful, not put down and discouraged. 

Just wanted to let out what I think about this forum. Thanks for listening. 

Not gonna answer or reply any of the comments because the snarky ass comments are gonna come in. And those who understand how I feel, I need not address anymore. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.