Gerhard

Is Joe Biden A Good Person?

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I want to start this thread in the spirit of social unity! The elections are so polarising, but we can avoid that here I'm sure!

The only good things I've heard about Biden were from Obama's speech about him... which made him look like a saint.

I have also heard a lot of conspiracy theory type stuff about him, even from Trump himself... but it's hard to know what to believe with these wild accusations.

Has anyone here had a deeper look into Biden and who he is as a person? What are his motivations in life? Does he have a good track record in integrity and solid values?

I'm not American btw, but still feel the gravity and importance of these elections in determining the future of the world! So I am curious.

Is any top politician a really good person? A lot of them are just good liars with fake smiles.

Obamas (well the military under him) bombing civilians with drones, weddings and shit was a sad sight.

Bernie seemed like a good dude.

Also what is actually a "good person"

Im gonna go a little meta here and say... You can find dirt on anyone really... The important thing is will the candidate actually have good policy? Thats up for you to decide, what do you want to for the country? Do you want 4 more years of riots and covid? Or do you want a mellow,moderate placeholder president who might be a bit creepy?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

I could be wrong, but I always thought Obama was genuinely a good person with good intentions. Same with Bernie. Trump not so much :P Biden seems like a blank slate.

To me its important that a country's leader is the embodiment of the country's values

No. 

I'm not convinced on the idea of good or bad yet however, he's just a body to me.

Kanye West is the best candidate next to Bernie Sanders followed by Trump.

On KW - The heart is greater than the mind when the mind is soiled.

We live in a society that conditions people to treat folk similar to Kanye like a crazy person. Kanye is much more sane than Biden. By far. It all just depends on how you define sane.

I think Biden is a good person. He has said and done some questionable things in his life, as any person in positions of power are to do, but on the whole he seems to have lived a life of civility, compromise and dedication to the ideals of humanism and compassion. Check out this video of him defending black South Africans and tell me he doesn't have a heart:

Also, you want some cool meta-analysis? I think if Biden wins in November, he will govern and act in a more conscious manner than he did in the 80s, 90s and 00s. You want to know why? Simply because he will govern in a more conscious age. The winds of growth are blowing, and its hard for anyone not to feel them, especially for someone with a lot of influence like Biden. His positions are already more compassionate and conscious than thy were even 20 years ago. As someone with a relative degree of open-mindedness and civility, that kind of energy is hard not to harness.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

1 minute ago, Origins said:

@Apparition of Jack 2020 - 1986. That gives Biden over 30 years to develop increasingly worse kinds of psycho-biological conditioning.

Don't miss for the forest for the trees, friend. Biden will bring with him the most developed, conscious administration in history.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

@Apparition of Jack That remains to be seen, what you're bought into is the marketing. That's exactly how they've advertised Biden in order to contrast the chaotic anarchy they superimpose on the cultures image of Trump. There's super layers occurring above what they say they believe in, its called what they want you to believe because that's what they believe will give them the greatest chance of winning. 

- as per above - Kanye --> Sanders --> Trump in that order

Edited by Origins

People's ego's wouldn't be able to handle Kaye becoming president at the moment, this much is obvious. For the time being they're stuck in their shared fantasy about the stories they've invented about the other candidates. Trump ironically, believe it or not, has way more credibility than Biden. List just one significant achievement of Biden if that's the case, or just one speech where he's actually being authentic. If you're being truly genuine, I'll watch said video, which needs to be recent, and I'll analyse it accordingly. I'm very good at analysing micro-expressions.

You have to be objective. You have to think long range. You have to think of not just the presidency but how it will affect multiple networks. Ironically, West, to me, after "seeing the forest through the trees" as you put it, intersectionally places better than any of the other candidates as it concerns generating positive change for the long term, so beyond the presidency, that's even if it goes badly as well. 

5 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Hi everyone, I want to start this thread in the spirit of social unity! The elections are so polarising, but we can avoid that here I'm sure!

The only good things I've heard about Biden were from Obama's speech about him... which made him look like a saint.

I have also heard a lot of conspiracy theory type stuff about him, even from Trump himself... but it's hard to know what to believe with these wild accusations.

Has anyone here had a deeper look into Biden and who he is as a person? What are his motivations in life? Does he have a good track record in integrity and solid values?

I'm not American btw, but still feel the gravity and importance of these elections in determining the future of the world! So I am curious.

I dont think its a question of good or bad people. Its more a question of who's the most conscious. Id say, fake or not, Joe Biden is certainly a more conscious figure. No matter if he is really as nice as he appears, that image should help america and Americans become more compassionate like how trumps hatred made Americans more hateful.

Though doth not want these hands! - Jesus

Can't say much about this guy. He is too old and it's too early. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

My impression is that Joe isn’t a strong ideologue. He goes with whatever the current moderate positions are. I’d like magi everyone he would be influenced by both neoliberals and progressives, with a tilt toward neoliberalism. 

Ne’s been known to engage with both democrats and republicans. There is a video of one conservative Lyndsey Graham speaking candidly years ago about how Joe is one of the nicest, most genuine people he’s known in his life. I also think Joe has a capacity for empathy for those struggling. He lost two of his children. Joe also worked hard to overcome a severe stutter and there are genuine moments of him connecting with children with disabilities. 

Yet I also don’t think Joe looks a couple layers deeper into the impact of some of his policies. His work on the 1994 the crime bill amplified the “war n drugs”, mass incarceration and for profit prisons. He has also been a staunch supporter for the credit card and health care industries and wars, including the Iraq war. He was against forced busing, has been sympathetic to segregationists and isn’t very culturally competent. He makes a lot of gaffes, yet a lot of people are forgiving since he seems sincere. 

He is the polar opposite of Trump’s personality. Joe doesn’t need to be in the spotlight and get all the credit. He is not conflict oriented and doesn’t demonize others. Joe can be self deprecating.  Can see him being a low profile president who gives a lot of authority to his cabinet, He will likely retire after one term.

A lot of the left doesn’t like  idea due to enter-right positions he’s taken in the past. They assume he will be the same. I think Joe wants to restore dignity and decency to the presidency and often talks about “restoring the soul of America”. He’s not running on strong policy proposals. He’s running on not being Trump and returning to normalcy and the heart of being American, I don’t see as a fighter for any policy and being molded by those around him. If Bernie and Warren get his ear, I could see him trying to help unions and supporting environmental and corporate regulations, stimulus for working families, legalization of cannabis and a move toward M4A. If the Lincoln project and Bloomberg pg types get his ear, I can see him move in the direction of corporations and military. 

It is only normal to feel empathy for things that you have suffered in your own life, does not mean that you are angel, or that you will listen to anything that you have not had to deal with in your own life.