Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

Gender brain differences may explain gender imbalance in the spirituality community

43 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@mandyjw

I remember when it really dawned that I indeed create reality I went on & on for a hot minute about it to the mrs. (for like months), my wife fired back by pointing at our kids and said “when a fucking human falls out of your vagina after ten months in your gut (she likes pointing out it’s really ten months), you come talk to me about creating reality”. She had her ‘quote fingers’ in the air when she said “create reality”. ? I remember thinking how stupid she was. What kids?! xD

(That can be taken a few ways, isn’t it?)

why would you dream up such an silly woman... silly Nahm ;)

jks btw not saying your wife is silly xD

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Women are more intuitive than men, and they are more right-brained or whole-brained whereas men are more left-brained analytical. This certainly affects consciousness work. Many men are closed off from spirituality because they are so mechanical, rational, and autistic-like.

Many women even have psychic intuitive abilities. Which is why women are much more into horoscopes and other woo-woo stuff. Men have a hard time understanding this because men try to grasp everything rationally, which off course is far too limited.

But men can also be a lot more serious when they get into spirituality. They can be more hardcore about it than women. And hardcore discipline is important to get serious results. Women tend to be too fluffy and lovey-dovey in their approach, which produces less results like serious awakening.

Each style has its pros and cons.

Love that summary, that's exactly how it seems to me. What's funny is back in the old old days, buddhist monks and yogis use to say that only men can enlighten... and then it turns out that actually women are better at enlightenment then men in general. 

Edited by electroBeam

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

why would you dream up such an silly woman... silly Nahm ;)

jks btw not saying your wife is silly xD

Love that summary, that's exactly how it seems to me. What's funny is back in the old old days, buddhist monks and yogis use to say that only men can enlighten... and then it turns out that actually women are better at enlightenment then men in general. 

Women are more openminded to enlightenment than men. But the ‘results-oriented’ mindset of masculinity is what results in generally more enlightened men than women (at least more enlightened male teachers than women). This is more about masculinity and femininity than it is about male and female.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

20 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Nahm Yep, that's absolutely hilarious but I also really want to slap you. 

Typical :P

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@mandyjw

Oh boy. Sound just like her. Have a two grams of penis envy already and forgetaboutit. xD Jk!! Jk!!! Jk!!! Maybe I was wrong to think she was stupid. ??‍♂️ Maybe she’s experiencing something I don’t know the first thing about. Well I know the first thing in this case, but...you know.

xDxDxD

Who in your house do you kids go to first when they lose something? 

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Typical :P

xD Thought I was gonna transcend emotions with enlightenment, instead they just get more intense. 

giphy.gif

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

8 hours ago, mandyjw said:

scatter brained

didn't you say in another post that its important to have routine in spirituality like its important to have routine in brushing your teeth? xD

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

they just get more intense

Yesss I want that. Feel that juice fully.

transcend emotions with enlightenment

transcend & include ;)

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

6 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

didn't you say in another post that its important to have routine in spirituality like its important to have routine in brushing your teeth? xD

Sure, I brush my teeth every night while I scream at my kids to put on their pajamas and plan the next day. Multi-tasking. 

6 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Yesss I want that. Feel that juice fully.

transcend & include ;)

:x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

30 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

?O.M.G. “First?!’....they literally don’t even ask me if I’ve seen something! They just ask me “where’s mom?”. And just now, two minutes before seeing your message I just said “from here on out, I do not know where mom is”. Lol! So true and deep! xDxD

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

?O.M.G. “First?!’....they literally don’t even ask me if I’ve seen something! They just ask me “where’s mom?”. And just now, two minutes before seeing your message I just said “from here on out, I do not know where mom is”. Lol! So true and deep! xDxD

xD OMG. Yep. See? You do not understand your incredible privilege of not being primarily responsible for every little detail, mess, drama, and thing that goes missing. Being a mom makes you want alone time and focus more than anything. Like, you'll suddenly appreciate it everywhere. Dental cleanings become paradise on earth. For 20 glorious minutes no one will ask you to get up and go do something for them. Sigh... How did this thread become about dental care? :S

52 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

xDxDxD

xD Thought I was gonna transcend emotions with enlightenment, instead they just get more intense. 

giphy.gif

What do you mean by transcend ? :)

God is love

And God in them

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Women are more intuitive than men, and they are more right-brained or whole-brained whereas men are more left-brained analytical. This certainly affects consciousness work. Many men are closed off from spirituality because they are so mechanical, rational, and autistic-like.

Many women even have psychic intuitive abilities. Which is why women are much more into horoscopes and other woo-woo stuff. Men have a hard time understanding this because men try to grasp everything rationally, which off course is far too limited.

But men can also be a lot more serious when they get into spirituality. They can be more hardcore about it than women. And hardcore discipline is important to get serious results. Women tend to be too fluffy and lovey-dovey in their approach, which produces less results like serious awakening.

Each style has its pros and cons.

@Leo Gura this concept of left vs right brain, what does it mean to you? I use those concepts in a metaphorical sense regardless of how literally true it is that X, Y and Z maps onto such and such a physical area in the brain. 

I ask this in having thought about david hawkins, and writing an article and giving a presentation on chaos for my uni homework (which made me think about the point of physics since I was straining my brain with these equations, thinking about causality and how it might illusory, wondering the point of the straining). He frames the lower half of his numerical scale as "left brained" stuff and the higher numbers as entering "right brain". 

Do you see such a progression? 

[I'm on mobile so I'm going to make a quotebox using @mandyjw 's comment even though I got this from a website] 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

Q. “We note that your lectures always start with the same opening statement, ‘Everything is happening of its own; nothing is causing anything else.”

A. “The belief in linear causality is a basic axiom of the whole structure of the ego/mind dualistic belief system. To see through that illusion is the most important and greatest leap available for getting closer to comprehending Reality. It is critical to grasp that the illusion of linear causality as an explanation for the observed phenomena of life is the major and most profound limitation of thinkingness. It is the major block that cannot be transcended even by intellectual geniuses who characteristically calibrate at 499. The intellect which serves to aid the progress of civilization becomes entrenched in the psyche and becomes the major obstacle to Realization. Although causality (calibration 426) is a major illusion, it is really not a difficult one to solve once it is disassembled. Mentation, reason, logic, and language are all structured dualistically, based on the axiom that there is a subject and an object, that there is ‘this’ doing or causing a ‘that.’ Reason strives to find a connection between a witnessed phenomenon and some antecedent which is most commonly located in prior time. Logic then concludes that what precedes an event must somehow be its ’cause’ or explanation. It confuses temporal sequence with causation. The term ’cause’ is an abstract hypothesis, a tautology, an intellectualization which has no concordant substrate in reality. It is at best an operational supposition to satisfy the mind’s requirement for an ‘explanation.’ Fallacy arises out of the mind’s proclivity to ask the redundant and fatal question ‘Why?’ We have stated elsewhere that there is no ‘why’ to anything in Reality and, in fact, no ‘why’ can be answered and still stay within Reality. All answers to ‘why’ questions are intrinsically fallacious as they require a jump from verifiable observables to hypothetical suppositions which are all mentations.

Events and conditions have a source or origination but not a cause. The concept of ’cause’ limits comprehension to content only, whereas, in reality, all content is subject to context. This is the very crux of the understanding that allows consciousness to jump from 499 to 500s.

Neither God nor Truth can be found within the limitation of content only for, by simple observation, content is only definition or description whereas context supplies meaning, significance, and concordance with the reality of the existence itself. This is important to comprehend not only in spiritual work but also in everyday social and political policies.

To fail to properly contextualize content has historically been the basis for the slaughter of millions of people in every century throughout human history. To ignore context is the greatest source of catastrophe for every generation of man, and it continues on the present time with the same catastrophic consequences. There is no greater lesson that needs to be learned to reduce human suffering and bring ignorance to an end.”

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 minute ago, Shin said:

What do you mean by transcend ? :)

Transcend, sweep under the rug, whatever, didn't much care at the time. xD

Women are obviously more inclined to it because they are more open minded and intuitive, but then the men that DO come into the community turn it into a competitive dick measuring contest like everything else in life lol, and therefore end up becoming the teachers and gurus.

Probably has something to do with leadership and assertion too which are more geared towards being "male" qualities. It probably feels really unusual to a timid spiritually inclined woman to be telling others what to do or how to do something, while men don't hesitate to boast.

hrhrhtewgfegege

6 minutes ago, Roy said:

Women are obviously more inclined to it because they are more open minded and intuitive, but then the men that DO come into the community turn it into a competitive dick measuring contest like everything else in life lol, and therefore end up becoming the teachers and gurus.

Probably has something to do with leadership and assertion too which are more geared towards being "male" qualities. It probably feels really unusual to a timid spiritually inclined woman to be telling others what to do or how to do something, while men don't hesitate to boast.

Oh the classic «I want to run away from my feelings so please enlightenment be a magic pill for my emotions handling skill».

I thought that was a specialty of male seeker ?

Are you a man ? ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

30 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

xD OMG. Yep. See? You do not understand your incredible privilege of not being primarily responsible for every little detail, mess, drama, and thing that goes missing. Being a mom makes you want alone time and focus more than anything. Like, you'll suddenly appreciate it everywhere. Dental cleanings become paradise on earth. For 20 glorious minutes no one will ask you to get up and go do something for them. Sigh... How did this thread become about dental care? :S

Just get the nitris and keep saying it’s not workin. You can stretch that 20 to 50 no prob. 

giphy.gif

Jk. Don’t anyone actually do that.   

What if you both changed / reversed roles / tasks entirely...as far as the op...would masculine / feminine energy shift entirely...as in brain vs role (belief)? (Hypothetically) 

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Just get the nitris and keep saying it’s not workin. You can stretch that 20 to 50 no prob. 

Jk. Don’t anyone actually do that.   

What if you both changed / reversed roles / tasks entirely...as far as the op...would masculine / feminine energy shift entirely...as in brain vs role (belief)? (Hypothetically) 

xD

I don't quite follow, you mean switch roles as parents? No, I don't think it would shift much, but there's definitely a lot of role belief on my part and what I often assume is complete blissful ignoreance on his. 

27 minutes ago, Shin said:

Are you a man ? ?

Was this for me? I am a man, duh! I just spell it Amanda sometimes. 

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I don't quite follow, you mean switch roles as parents? No, I don't think it would shift much, but there's definitely a lot of role belief on my part and what I often assume is complete blissful ignoreance on his. 

xDxD 

Maybe you got what I meant.....If you were both guru’s, and you swapped the entirety of everything each of you do other than the guru’ing. Every last detail, every task, etc. He’s doing literally every thing you typically do each day and vice versa. Would a polarity change such that as guru’s there would be a change from masculine energy to feminine or vice versa? 

@Nahm No, because focus and scattered attention is duality and not what's actually happening and masculine feminine energy is likewise, BS. But also very intriguing cause it has to be in order to perpetuate itself, in more ways than one . xD